Sources: Supervisors told to falsify reserve deputy's training records

williep

Apr 14, 2015
Sources: Supervisors told to falsify reserve deputy's training records; department announces internal review

DYLAN GOFORTH, ZIVA BRANSTETTER | Tulsa World
April 16, 2015

Supervisors at the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office were ordered to falsify a reserve deputy’s training records, giving him credit for field training he never took and firearms certifications he should not have received, sources told the Tulsa World.

At least three of reserve deputy Robert Bates’ supervisors were transferred after refusing to sign off on his state-required training, multiple sources speaking on condition of anonymity told the World.

Bates, 73, is accused of second-degree manslaughter in the shooting death of Eric Harris during an undercover operation on April 2.

The sources’ claims are corroborated by records, including a statement by Bates after the shooting, that he was certified as an advanced reserve deputy in 2007.

Update:

Clark addressed the Tulsa World's story in which sources said sheriff's office supervisors were reassigned for not falsifying Bates' training documents, telling NBC News: "The media outlet that is putting that information out is using unconfirmed sources and also relying on anonymity. We don't respond to rumor."

Full Story:

Sources Supervisors told to falsify reserve deputy s training records department announces internal review - Tulsa World Newshomepage2

This will be a story to follow. Definitely a lot of twists and turns in this report and the facts are not yet established.

Sherriff or whoever waved this tool in should resign. And the moron who couldn't tell a taser from a pistol should be charged with involuntary manslaughter. Found guilty. And spend the maximum sentence in prison.

Sherriff or whoever waved this tool in should resign. And the moron who couldn't tell a taser from a pistol should be charged with involuntary manslaughter. Found guilty. And spend the maximum sentence in prison.

I can't argue with that. Well ...... it's hard to argue with that.

With all the background material, I would say this qualifies for a serious murder charge. Not involuntary manslaughter. If people are being pressured to falsify records, this sheriff should be criminally charged as an accessory and other applicable charges.

Someone, or a whole bunch of someones, needs to be torn a new a**hole.

This shit has to be one of the craziest stories iv'e heard in years.
In what world is it okay to let some 73 year old man pay to play cop?
I'm sorry I shot him? WTF?
I will say the guy was a scumbag and it's no great loss,but damn,mistaking a pistol for a taser?

His wife said he'd had more training then a lot of real cops and old Wyatt Earp said it could have happened to anybody.
Seriously? Not just "anybody"has the desire to go out and pretend to be a cop and pay for the dubious privilege.

I can't argue with that. Well ...... it's hard to argue with that.

With all the background material, I would say this qualifies for a serious murder charge. Not involuntary manslaughter. If people are being pressured to falsify records, this sheriff should be criminally charged as an accessory and other applicable charges.

Someone, or a whole bunch of someones, needs to be torn a new a**hole.

Well I'm assume the 73yo was simply befuddled and didn't set out to kill someone. If it turns out to be that, fry him. And if the Sherriff knew the guy wanted to shoot bad guys could make it a conspiracy charge and charge everyone involved with murder.

Cops aren't crooks.....why they are here to protect and serve...

c3549d16.gif

Just heard on the Kelly File that the two reporters that said the records were falsified made the whole thing up. They tried to blame anonymous sources. When that didn't work the two reporters resigned. Good luck in being reporters anywhere once you publish fake stories.

"Sources"? Who? Surely you dont mean other cops.....no one else would know. But cops never snitch...right?

Just heard on the Kelly File that the two reporters that said the records were falsified made the whole thing up. They tried to blame anonymous sources. When that didn't work the two reporters resigned. Good luck in being reporters anywhere once you publish fake stories.

Ah...the media witch hunt vs cops continues.

Forum List

Back