South Carolina Police Officer

Not until they run into your house to hide from the cops, then, it will be all "why didn't somebody shoot that motherfucker".
You are one of those that support killing people in case they commit a crime? Awesome!
I support due process of law.

Too bad the dead guy didn't.
The cop is the one that didn't support the due process of the law.
BULL FUCKIN' SHIT

The cop was very polite, courteous and professional, until the guy ran.

We will see how this works out, the cop may get some time, but he will NOT be convicted of murder.

Manslaughter, maybe, tampering with evidence too.
Tampering with evidence means he was covering up his crime.

You don't kill people because they run away from you.
Apparently some people do.

Guess we know which side of the law you guys are on huh.

(goes from condition 3 to condition 1 is a very overt manner) :)
I`m against shooting a man 8 times in the back, always have been. Perhaps this cop is a Chris Kyle wannabe who joined the police force for all the wrong reasons.

Police are trained to empty their weapons if they fire. Under combat stress most will revert to whatever they've been trained to do.

No they arent you silly fucker. This is you having no idea what they are trained to do just making it up.

Michigan Man Suspected in 7 Killings Flees Police and Takes Hostages in Standoff
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/na...kes-Hostages-in-Standoff/stories/201107080170

Alberta man flees police, takes hostages
Alberta man flees police takes hostages - Canada - CBC News

Fleeing suspect sorry he killed woman during flight
Fleeing suspect sorry for crash that killed woman

Retired Philly Detective Killed After Fleeing Suspect Crashes Into Cars
Retired Philly Detective Killed After Fleeing Suspect Crashes Into Cars Police NBC 10 Philadelphia

You run from police you deserve to die.

Rodney King shouldn't have been beaten, but he was a drunk, wife beating lowlife.

Now we have Walter Scott. The black man that ran from an officer and was shot in the back. He shouldn't have been killed, but all I am hearing is once again the young father of 4 had such a bright future.

The dash cam video shows Mr. Scott getting stopped for a LEGIT violation and then taking off running without warning. First, running the way he did would make any cop think he had something pretty bad on him or did something bad. The reason he ran is because he is like the majority of black men (yes the majority look at the facts) in the ghetto, a deadbeat dad of multiple children with multiple women and he had paid child support in years. Therefore there was a warrant on him.

The got who shot the video said there was a scuffle before the shooting. The shooting was wrong and the officer will have to face justice, but that doesn't take away the fact that Walter Scott's actions set the events in action that lead to his death. If he wasn't a scumbag deadbeat dad he would have received a citation for a broken tail-light and would have gone on his merry way.

you should study combat and fighting and the bodies chemcial reactions to that situation

Now can you do the same reasoning for someone confronted by police or are the citizens supposed to have more composure of their bodies chemical reactions more than cops

Michigan Man Suspected in 7 Killings Flees Police and Takes Hostages in Standoff
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/na...kes-Hostages-in-Standoff/stories/201107080170

Retired Philly Detective Killed After Fleeing Suspect Crashes Into Cars Police NBC 10 Philadelphia

You might not deserve to die, but, you surely open yourself up to that possibility.

I am going to the Flame Zone, this trial is over.

Bullshit.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the really stupid threads about this case could have their own sub-forum?

OR

There are going to be dozens of OPs that are just as ridiculous as this one - could all of the idiots who want to blame the victim just agree amongst themselves to put them all in one place?

Thanks.

Did the guy deserve to be shot? Yes. Because he ran.

Focus on this logic
He should put that up for a GOP campaign slogan.
Delta 4 is a Dummycrap....
I guess that's why he supports so many GOP ideals.

Other than having various positions, I'm completely apolitical with US politics. My only connection to the GOP comes from having the phone number of someone who apparently donated to them once and for the first 10 years or so having the number got fund-raising solictation calls for the guy. :) "No there's no XXXX here, think he musta been the previous lease holder of this number." :)

Consider myself a moderate. Have a few Republican positions, a few Democrat ones, and a lot of 'act locally, think globally ones.'

Too bad the dead guy didn't.

in America officers do not get to play judge, jury and executioner... this officer was an idiot coward.

In this landmark 1985 case, Tennessee v. Garner (105 S. Ct. 1694), the U.S. Supreme Court reviewed the following facts of the case: While Garner (the fleeing juvenile) was crouched at the base of the fence, the officer called out “Police! Halt!” and took a few steps toward him. Garner then began to climb over the fence. Convinced that if Garner made it over the fence, he would elude capture, the officer shot him. The responding ambulance crew quickly transported Garner to a local hospital, where he died on the operating table.

The Supreme Court ruled that laws authorizing the police use of deadly force against unarmed and nonviolent felony suspects violated the Fourth Amendment’s guarantees against unreasonable seizure. The U.S. Supreme Court cited as unconstitutional the use of deadly force laws of numerous states. The thirty-one states and law enforcement agencies followed the legal guidance provided by the U.S. Supreme Court. Police departmental policies authorizing deadly force to apprehend nonviolent fleeing felony suspects changed significantly.

Before the Tennessee case, state law guided the use of deadly force by law enforcement officers. The Tennessee statute required police officers to warn a fleeing felon that they would shoot if they continued their flight. The officer could then use all necessary means to make an arrest. The main weakness of these state statutes centered on the fleeing felon sections. Many statutes stemmed from the old common law rule concerning fleeing felons. The law was antiquated and failed to meet contemporary standards.

Many law enforcement agencies developed guidelines that stated that “deadly force” may not be used unless (1) necessary to prevent escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the fleeing felon poses significant threat of death or serious physical injury to officers or others, and, (2) if practical and feasible, a warning should precede using deadly force. However, firing verbal warning shots is a controversial practice and can lead to unintended consequences. Many law enforcement agencies are concerned about injuries that may result from stray bullets.

Law enforcement agencies responded to these concerns by implementing new policies and protocols to address the use of deadly force. As a consequence, the use of deadly force was restricted to instances in which the offender had (1) the ability and capacity to kill the officer or another, (2) the ability and capacity to cause great bodily harm, and (3) the opportunity to cause great bodily harm to the officer or another. Additionally, the threat must be imminent, and the preclusion factor requires the exhaustion of other avenues of action. Deadly force against violent fleeing felons who do not meet these requirements are not within the protection of the law, and the emphasis is on using the least amount of force necessary to stop the aggressor’s violence.

Supreme Court Intervention: Nondeadly Force
Officers must be able to distinguish between nondeadly and deadly force.

DEADLY FORCE police

Focus on this logic

Focus on this logic

Focus on this logic

I guess you don't argue with him much, like I do...

Seems to me the only people against the Police are the ones who themselves might face an unpleasant encounter with Police. Those who're law-abidding don't have a problem. Just the bad guys who seem to.

The "bad guys"? Despite what the majority of people choose to believe, we do not live in a world of black and white... just countless shades of grey.

Focus on this logic

Focus on this logic

Focus on this logic

I guess you don't argue with him much, like I do...

We don't argue. You give a speech and I humor you.

Now that the dash cam's public we see the reality of what happened. The guy ran. If you're innocent you don't run.
Not always true. People are stupid.

Please cite me the statute in any state where fleeing from the police carries the death penalty. Or that even for cases where the crime is a capital one, the officer can summary execute. Shooting a fleeing man is clearly not self defense and unless there were clear indications that Scott was armed, dangerous, and/or a specific threat, then shooting was uncalled for.

In many countries if you flee from police you can be shot at. The assumption is you have a good reason to run and it's not that you're a sweet little angel but some kind of violent offender the world's better off without.
Yeah, except in this country we have the presumption of innocence.

you should study combat and fighting and the bodies chemcial reactions to that situation

Now can you do the same reasoning for someone confronted by police or are the citizens supposed to have more composure of their bodies chemical reactions more than cops

Yeah....why do you think the guy ran instead of just complying....adrenaline dump.........or...you would say...he panicked.....

Now that the dash cam's public we see the reality of what happened. The guy ran. If you're innocent you don't run.
Not always true. People are stupid.

Please cite me the statute in any state where fleeing from the police carries the death penalty. Or that even for cases where the crime is a capital one, the officer can summary execute. Shooting a fleeing man is clearly not self defense and unless there were clear indications that Scott was armed, dangerous, and/or a specific threat, then shooting was uncalled for.

In many countries if you flee from police you can be shot at. The assumption is you have a good reason to run and it's not that you're a sweet little angel but some kind of violent offender the world's better off without.
Yeah, except in this country we have the presumption of innocence.

Didn't say it was legal. Said he deserved to be shot.

Forum List

Back