South Carolina Police Officer

How anyone in their right mind could defend this shooting, is beyond me. The video is conclusive. However cops shooting people in the back is nothing new and they usually get away with it...just as they would have in this case, if not for the video.

Below comments from...What Should We Make of the Videotape of the Policeman Shooting a Man In the Back and Killing Him Washington s Blog

Why is this happening?

One reason is that many law enforcement officers consider failure to comply with the officers’ demands as a basis for using lethal force.

Police have become so militarized in modern America that – in the words of civil rights and constitutional attorney John Whitehead – “the only truly compliant, submissive citizen in a police state is a dead one.”

Of course, if we had the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, this would not be such a problem. Sadly, we’ve lost virtually all of those rights.

No wonder you’re 55 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist.

Do you remember when the police became militarized?
No, I was too busy watching the news about a President that lied about prematurely ejaculating on a blue dress.

I remember when they became militarized. Was immediately after the Hollywood bank robbery shootout when two bank robbers in neck to shin body armor with AK-47s shot the crap out anyone in sight while taking multiple hits from officer's handguns and shotguns without stopping.

I remember when they became militarized. Was immediately after the Hollywood bank robbery shootout when two bank robbers in neck to shin body armor with AK-47s shot the crap out anyone in sight while taking multiple hits from officer's handguns and shotguns without stopping.

Have you noticed that a significant portion of the populace militarized right back?

I hear Sandra Bullock just bought an AK-47 and 100,000 rounds of ammunition.

Seems to me the only people against the Police are the ones who themselves might face an unpleasant encounter with Police. Those who're law-abidding don't have a problem. Just the bad guys who seem to.

Crap. Stupid is as stupid does. The only time I have had to defend myself with a gun, to threaton to kill another person, a single shot 12 gauge with double 00 buck, convinced the 10 miscreants that they should back down. You don't need a war gun and 100,000 rounds of ammo. Just one hunting rifle or shot gun and one round that you know how to use. The idiots with the arsenals usually end up shooting their own kids.

Now that the dash cam's public we see the reality of what happened. The guy ran. If you're innocent you don't run. This "black terror of police" is utter nonsense. Everything was fine and calm up until that point. More we hear about this supposed legitimate fear of police blacks have, the more likely this is going to happen again as more run.

Did the guy deserve to be shot? Yes. Because he ran. In many countries if you flee from police you can be shot at. The assumption is you have a good reason to run and it's not that you're a sweet little angel but some kind of violent offender the world's better off without.

While I fear the officer's going to be figuratively hanged to prevent another Ferguson, he'd always be welcomed here and have a place to crash at. As would anyone who puts on a badge and stands a watch on the wall so the rest of us can sleep.
Nobody deserves to be shot for running away.

Crap. Stupid is as stupid does. The only time I have had to defend myself with a gun, to threaton to kill another person, a single shot 12 gauge with double 00 buck, convinced the 10 miscreants that they should back down. You don't need a war gun and 100,000 rounds of ammo. Just one hunting rifle or shot gun and one round that you know how to use. The idiots with the arsenals usually end up shooting their own kids.

I like belt-fed myself.

Now that the dash cam's public we see the reality of what happened. The guy ran. If you're innocent you don't run. This "black terror of police" is utter nonsense. Everything was fine and calm up until that point. More we hear about this supposed legitimate fear of police blacks have, the more likely this is going to happen again as more run.

Did the guy deserve to be shot? Yes. Because he ran. In many countries if you flee from police you can be shot at. The assumption is you have a good reason to run and it's not that you're a sweet little angel but some kind of violent offender the world's better off without.

While I fear the officer's going to be figuratively hanged to prevent another Ferguson, he'd always be welcomed here and have a place to crash at. As would anyone who puts on a badge and stands a watch on the wall so the rest of us can sleep.

Everyone deserves to be shot for running away. How many of those 'world's scariest police chase' videos do we need where fleeing suspect crash into other vehicles or scare the hll out of the public before we finally conceed the world's better off without those people?

Damn, for once we agree. Don't know why the man panicked, but, thus far, I have seen nothing that indictates that he was dangerous enough that he deserved to be shot. And even the police state the only warrent was lack of child support. Hardly enough to make him a dangerous felon.

He should not have ran, but the officers actions were far more criminal than the man that was shot.

Of course you have link to back up that assertion, right?

If I recall correctly, the officer did not give him a verbal warning before shooting.

The Military Cooperation with Civilian Law Enforcement Agencies Act of 1981.

I like belt-fed myself.
I want one of the box fed SAWs.

If I recall correctly, the officer did not give him a verbal warning before shooting.
You recall erroneously.

He warned him to remain in the car.

One the second video, you can here the officer shouting TASER, TASER.

Yet the guy continued to run like a fool and a felon.

And everyone knows fugitives never cause any trouble when the successfully get away, so, how about a mob to just go kill the cop in jail, and spare the expense of a trial, since Don Lemon and Don Imus have already convicted him too?

Due process of law, shit, what a quaint, antiquated concept, just like innocent until proven guilty and convicted by a jury.

Who has time for that shit?

Damn, for once we agree. Don't know why the man panicked, but, thus far, I have seen nothing that indictates that he was dangerous enough that he deserved to be shot. And even the police state the only warrent was lack of child support. Hardly enough to make him a dangerous felon.

He should not have ran, but the officers actions were far more criminal than the man that was shot.
Agreed.

I believe that he ran because he felt threatened by the cop and his flashing lights.

Now why would he think that?

A real poser....

Everyone deserves to be shot for running away. How many of those 'world's scariest police chase' videos do we need where fleeing suspect crash into other vehicles or scare the hll out of the public before we finally conceed the world's better off without those people?
You are either crazy or merely trying to stir up shit.

What would happen to a CCW permit holder, if he or she did what this cop did?

I like belt-fed myself.
I want one of the box fed SAWs.

Those are sweet. Hardly any recoil.
I prefer 50 cal myself.

Google 'fleeing suspect charged with murder' for all the incidents involving a suspect fleeing police who then killed somebody.

http://abc13.com/news/suspected-drunk-driver-causes-fatal-crash/433324/
"
Detectives told us the pickup truck driver caused another accident nearby and was fleeing the scene when the second crash occurred. The first crash happened on Ella when a woman said she was rear-ended and the driver took off down W 43rd Street.

The woman in the first accident was not injured.

Both drivers in the Tahoe and GMC pickup were taken to Northwest Memorial Hospital. The Tahoe driver, who Eyewitness News has learned is 40-year-old Chris Lopez, died on arrival.

Police arrested the man accused of driving drunk. Witnesses told HPD when they helped him out of the truck, he said he had "several beers" and witnesses could smell alcohol on him."

3 women charged after police chase ends with Houston mother killed
21 year-old driver flees police after shoplifting men's shirts and strikes another vehicle with a mother who just picked up here 3 boys from school. She died, they were seriously injured.

Stuff like this is why all fleeing suspects deserve to be shot on sight.

No one deserves to be shot for running. That's total bullshit.

Forum List

Back