South Carolina Police Officer

You're right.

The word coward is over-used, vastly misunderstood, and wholly inappropriate in this situation. Patrolman Slager's action had nothing to do with courage but rather with judgment and his pre-conscious orientation, which is plainly flawed.

no i think if he wasn't a coward he would have instinctively known that he did not need to use deadly force.

his act was callous and unlawful... also cowardly imo

Last edited:
There was no need to chase the guy, they had his car they had his address. The cop exasperated the situation and killed the man in cold blood. They could had waited at his apartment or house and picked him up if he had an arrest Warrent. I don't know about any of you but if someone was going to shoot me with a taser I would react and run or try to get the taser, the shit hurts like hell and nobody would just stand there and take it. Your not normal if you do. Got shocked with one before as a demo in the military. They pointed that shit at me again and I grabed the guy and knocked it from his hand. Screw that.
The car didn't belong to him, he hadn't bought it yet and may not have. No insurance. The car could have been stolen.

There was some kind of scuffle with the taser so brought trouble onto himself. It didn't need to go that way, on both sides.

I am not listening the family right now. They should be able to produce the title, no?

in America officers do not get to play judge, jury, and executioner...

In this landmark 1985 case, Tennessee v. Garner (105 S. Ct. 1694), the U.S. Supreme Court reviewed the following facts of the case: While Garner (the fleeing juvenile) was crouched at the base of the fence, the officer called out “Police! Halt!” and took a few steps toward him. Garner then began to climb over the fence. Convinced that if Garner made it over the fence, he would elude capture, the officer shot him. The responding ambulance crew quickly transported Garner to a local hospital, where he died on the operating table.

The Supreme Court ruled that laws authorizing the police use of deadly force against unarmed and nonviolent felony suspects violated the Fourth Amendment’s guarantees against unreasonable seizure. The U.S. Supreme Court cited as unconstitutional the use of deadly force laws of numerous states. The thirty-one states and law enforcement agencies followed the legal guidance provided by the U.S. Supreme Court. Police departmental policies authorizing deadly force to apprehend nonviolent fleeing felony suspects changed significantly.

Before the Tennessee case, state law guided the use of deadly force by law enforcement officers. The Tennessee statute required police officers to warn a fleeing felon that they would shoot if they continued their flight. The officer could then use all necessary means to make an arrest. The main weakness of these state statutes centered on the fleeing felon sections. Many statutes stemmed from the old common law rule concerning fleeing felons. The law was antiquated and failed to meet contemporary standards.

Many law enforcement agencies developed guidelines that stated that “deadly force” may not be used unless (1) necessary to prevent escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the fleeing felon poses significant threat of death or serious physical injury to officers or others, and, (2) if practical and feasible, a warning should precede using deadly force. However, firing verbal warning shots is a controversial practice and can lead to unintended consequences. Many law enforcement agencies are concerned about injuries that may result from stray bullets.

Law enforcement agencies responded to these concerns by implementing new policies and protocols to address the use of deadly force. As a consequence, the use of deadly force was restricted to instances in which the offender had (1) the ability and capacity to kill the officer or another, (2) the ability and capacity to cause great bodily harm, and (3) the opportunity to cause great bodily harm to the officer or another. Additionally, the threat must be imminent, and the preclusion factor requires the exhaustion of other avenues of action. Deadly force against violent fleeing felons who do not meet these requirements are not within the protection of the law, and the emphasis is on using the least amount of force necessary to stop the aggressor’s violence.

Supreme Court Intervention: Nondeadly Force
Officers must be able to distinguish between nondeadly and deadly force.

DEADLY FORCE police

South Carolina Police Officer

Now that the dash cam's public we see the reality of what happened. The guy ran. If you're innocent you don't run. This "black terror of police" is utter nonsense. Everything was fine and calm up until that point. More we hear about this supposed legitimate fear of police blacks have, the more likely this is going to happen again as more run.

Did the guy deserve to be shot? Yes. Because he ran. In many countries if you flee from police you can be shot at. The assumption is you have a good reason to run and it's not that you're a sweet little angel but some kind of violent offender the world's better off without.

While I fear the officer's going to be figuratively hanged to prevent another Ferguson, he'd always be welcomed here and have a place to crash at. As would anyone who puts on a badge and stands a watch on the wall so the rest of us can sleep.

No, not this time. That cop had no right or reason to shoot a guy in the back. He was posing no threat. The cop knew he was wrong, so he also planted a taser next to the guys body. Where could the guy really run to? The police had his ID and his car. he was going no where. This is no comparason to Ferguson , in my opinion.

[...] This is no comparason to Ferguson , in my opinion.
I agree. There is no reason to believe Walter Scott was criminally aggressive.

But Michael Brown clearly was a menace to society, a bullying punk who would have harmed many innocent people if he had lived. So in my opinion Patrolman Wilson did the world a favor by killing him.

I like belt-fed myself.
I want one of the box fed SAWs.

Those are sweet. Hardly any recoil.
I prefer 50 cal myself.
Trouble with the .50 is it could got through a perp, the pine thicket surrounding the house, and kill someone two miles away

That, and I have bony shoulders, the .45/70 damn near broke bones.

I do like my M1-A and Sig/Sauer M-400 a lot.

.45/70

i love mine
I shot my son's one time.

I then went and bought the identical rifle in .44 Remington Mag.

Drop a lot of deer with mine and never lost one.

I don't need self-inflicted torture.

never shot the 44 mag rifle

but have taken more then one deer with my 44 mag pistols

[...] This is no comparason to Ferguson , in my opinion.
I agree. There is no reason to believe Walter Scott was criminally aggressive.

But Michael Brown clearly was a menace to society, a bullying punk who would have harmed many innocent people if he had lived. So in my opinion Patrolman Wilson did the world a favor by killing him.

Well, it wasnt a favor, in my opinion. But based on the evidence, Wilson had a justification in shooting. He was attacked. Its true, Brown was a bully, we all saw that video, and it takes a little practice to reach that level of being a thug. He was still young though, and its always a shame when a young person loses their life without being able to get it together. Dont know if Brown ever would have, but what is sure, is his own actions created the framework of what happened to him. That should have been the Lesson that Black leaders like Obama and Sharpton should have been stressing to the youths that take their messages to heart. And they definately FAIL there. Their silence on that ensures even more black youths will die

Forum List

Back