South Carolina Police Officer

Crap. Stupid is as stupid does. The only time I have had to defend myself with a gun, to threaton to kill another person, a single shot 12 gauge with double 00 buck, convinced the 10 miscreants that they should back down. You don't need a war gun and 100,000 rounds of ammo. Just one hunting rifle or shot gun and one round that you know how to use. The idiots with the arsenals usually end up shooting their own kids.

I like belt-fed myself.
I want one of the box fed SAWs.

Those are sweet. Hardly any recoil.
I prefer 50 cal myself.
Trouble with the .50 is it could got through a perp, the pine thicket surrounding the house, and kill someone two miles away

That, and I have bony shoulders, the .45/70 damn near broke bones.

I do like my M1-A and Sig/Sauer M-400 a lot.

Now that the dash cam's public we see the reality of what happened. The guy ran. If you're innocent you don't run. This "black terror of police" is utter nonsense. Everything was fine and calm up until that point. More we hear about this supposed legitimate fear of police blacks have, the more likely this is going to happen again as more run.

Did the guy deserve to be shot? Yes. Because he ran. In many countries if you flee from police you can be shot at. The assumption is you have a good reason to run and it's not that you're a sweet little angel but some kind of violent offender the world's better off without.

While I fear the officer's going to be figuratively hanged to prevent another Ferguson, he'd always be welcomed here and have a place to crash at. As would anyone who puts on a badge and stands a watch on the wall so the rest of us can sleep.
No one deserves to be shot for running. That's total bullshit.
Not until they run into your house to hide from the cops, then, it will be all "why didn't somebody shoot that motherfucker".

Crap. Stupid is as stupid does. The only time I have had to defend myself with a gun, to threaton to kill another person, a single shot 12 gauge with double 00 buck, convinced the 10 miscreants that they should back down. You don't need a war gun and 100,000 rounds of ammo. Just one hunting rifle or shot gun and one round that you know how to use. The idiots with the arsenals usually end up shooting their own kids.

I like belt-fed myself.

I prefer 50 cal myself.
Trouble with the .50 is it could got through a perp, the pine thicket surrounding the house, and kill someone two miles away

.45/70

i love mine

Now that the dash cam's public we see the reality of what happened. The guy ran. If you're innocent you don't run. This "black terror of police" is utter nonsense. Everything was fine and calm up until that point. More we hear about this supposed legitimate fear of police blacks have, the more likely this is going to happen again as more run.

Did the guy deserve to be shot? Yes. Because he ran. In many countries if you flee from police you can be shot at. The assumption is you have a good reason to run and it's not that you're a sweet little angel but some kind of violent offender the world's better off without.

While I fear the officer's going to be figuratively hanged to prevent another Ferguson, he'd always be welcomed here and have a place to crash at. As would anyone who puts on a badge and stands a watch on the wall so the rest of us can sleep.
Not until they run into your house to hide from the cops, then, it will be all "why didn't somebody shoot that motherfucker".
You are one of those that support killing people in case they commit a crime? Awesome!

I like belt-fed myself.

I prefer 50 cal myself.

.45/70

i love mine
I shot my son's one time.

I then went and bought the identical rifle in .44 Remington Mag.

Drop a lot of deer with mine and never lost one.

I don't need self-inflicted torture.

I like belt-fed myself.

I prefer 50 cal myself.

They're nice. I just love shooting on a line over 2000 meters at night using tracers. Oh, and pushing down a butterfly trigger doesn't involve shoulders when it's mounted on a Hummve.

You are one of those that support killing people in case they commit a crime? Awesome!
I support due process of law.

Too bad the dead guy didn't.

http://abc7.com/news/witness-south-carolina-officer-did-not-warn-man-before-firing-8-shots/641471/
Don't they traditionally yell 'stop or I'll shoot'? Yelling tazer, tazer is not a warning of a deadly shot being fired. The guy should yave not run, but the officer should have at least warned him, since his back was to him. Jmho. And I have retired law enforcement in the family and friends.

Both made crappy decisions. I don't think he she be charged with murder, but possibly negligent homicide.

If I recall correctly, the officer did not give him a verbal warning before shooting.
You recall erroneously.

He warned him to remain in the car.

One the second video, you can here the officer shouting TASER, TASER.

Yet the guy continued to run like a fool and a felon.

And everyone knows fugitives never cause any trouble when the successfully get away, so, how about a mob to just go kill the cop in jail, and spare the expense of a trial, since Don Lemon and Don Imus have already convicted him too?

Due process of law, shit, what a quaint, antiquated concept, just like innocent until proven guilty and convicted by a jury.

Who has time for that shit?

The cop is the one that didn't support the due process of the law.

I like belt-fed myself.

I prefer 50 cal myself.

They're nice. I just love shooting on a line over 2000 meters at night using tracers. Oh, and pushing down a butterfly trigger doesn't involve shoulders when it's mounted on a Hummve.
Shit, must buy a Humvee and Quad Fifty at the next surplus sale at Ft. Polk.

I think before you can fully judge the officers actions you should study combat and fighting and the bodies chemcial reactions to that situation....it is obvious from the car video that the officer was not openly hostile to this guy, and that the guy ran....the guy who videod the shooting claims at some point they were struggling......this means the cop...facing 2 possible attackers, there was still a guy in the car, had an incredible adrenaline dump into his system....his vision and hearing and perception of time is out of whack......

So now..he is wrestling and tasering the guy and possibly felt threatened enough to consider pulling and using his gun,...and as that chain of actions is put into motion the guy breaks off and starts running....but it is too late as the cop shoots and fires 8 shots......

If you study gun fights.....not uncommon to shoot so many times without realizing how many times you are pulling the trigger.....

Also...shooting the guy as he was running....if the action was initiated when the guy was facing him....the guy turning and running wasn't enough time to check the firing of the gun....

Massad Ayoob has discussed how you can fire at someone facing you and as you are firing at that, the guy is turning and you hit him in the back....the timing so close....and then you are charged with shooting him in the back....at a threat a person not involved in the shooting assumes no longer existed.....

The cop is still toast......the video will put him away......

BULL FUCKIN' SHIT

The cop was very polite, courteous and professional, until the guy ran.

We will see how this works out, the cop may get some time, but he will NOT be convicted of murder.

Manslaughter, maybe, tampering with evidence too.

BULL FUCKIN' SHIT

We will see how this works out, the cop may get some time, but he will NOT be convicted of murder.

being polite has dick to do with due process silly.

BULL FUCKIN' SHIT

Tampering with evidence means he was covering up his crime.

You don't kill people because they run away from you.

I like belt-fed myself.

I prefer 50 cal myself.

Shit, must buy a Humvee and Quad Fifty at the next surplus sale at Ft. Polk.
You'll shake the truck to pieces with a full quad 50. They have to be mounted on a rotating pedestal or track vehicle. A regular 50 shakes the shit out of a Hummer.

Forum List

Back