🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

South Park creators announce they're Republicans

Except I don't know of a single liberal organization that has ever tried to censor them. It was always organizations like The Catholic League, and the Family Research Council.

And the Muslims. Don't forget that episode of the Prophet Muhammed.

The only organization I know of that censored them on that was Comedy Central. They panicked, Parker and Stone said that that's one of the only times Comedy Central had censored them.

I guess Scientology succeeded in censoring them in a way. They stop playing reruns of their Tom Cruise "in the closet" episode for awhile.

But it seems they were never censored based on political correctness alone. It was always religion.

They just said that 'cuz the new Roseanne show got 18 million viewers and Trump says it's because she voted for Trump. Southpark is just looking for ratings.
I seriously doubt they're worried about ratings. It's been the biggest show on Comedy Central, maybe aside from the Daily Show, for over 20 years. It ain't getting cancelled until Parker and Stone decide to stop making it.
Plus, this can't really be a surprise anyway.

They've made fun of PC about a zillion times, which is just delightful. If the nutters haven't shut them down yet, this won't do it.

Except I don't know of a single liberal organization that has ever tried to censor them. It was always organizations like The Catholic League, and the Family Research Council.
Yep, I remember that. I've always thought they were libertarians, it seemed like they liked annoying the morality brigade. I wouldn't be surprised if they were fooling around with this, actually, just to piss people off.

Anybody who thinks the creators of South Park are on "their side" are mistaken. They skewer both sides of the political spectrum, because both are ripe for ridicule. They've said in the past that they hate both conservatives and liberals. The fact that they identify as Republicans doesn't change that.

The only organization I know of that censored them on that was Comedy Central. They panicked, Parker and Stone said that that's one of the only times Comedy Central had censored them.

I guess Scientology succeeded in censoring them in a way. They stop playing reruns of their Tom Cruise "in the closet" episode for awhile.

But it seems they were never censored based on political correctness alone. It was always religion.

But political correctness IS a religion. It fits all the parameters of a religion. A dogma you don't question, or else. Punishment for heresy, etc.

Anybody who thinks the creators of South Park are on "their side" are mistaken. They skewer both sides of the political spectrum, because both are ripe for ridicule. They've said in the past that they hate both conservatives and liberals. The fact that they identify as Republicans doesn't change that.
Not true altogether, though very close. They at first spared the show Ancient Aliens (like me, probably a tentative fan), but gave them a warning shot across the bow in another episode...forget which one... When they wouldn't stop being so ridiculous running away with every premise, they finally nailed them for the crime of absurdity.

Forum List

Back