Southern Tomato Pie!

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
It's almost time. :eusa_clap:

1000002157.png

Looks like something you might find at a fancy horse country lunch.....That would just sit there and get blown by the flies.
Next to a 3-tier silver tray of crustless watercress and pimento sandwiches cut into quarters.

:terror:

Looks like something you might find at a fancy horse country lunch.....That would just sit there and get blown by the flies.
No, no...this is what a tomato sandwich would be if you baked it in a pie shell.

It's one of the best things summertime has to offer, IMO.

Next to a 3-tier silver tray of crustless watercress and pimento sandwiches cut into quarters.

:terror:
I like pimento sandwiches cut like that.....No crust, that's important. ;)

I've been to several of such events (mostly point to point races) and even the fancy people like the basics.....Ribs, baked beans, slaw, and corn on the cob.....Of course lots of various flavors of liquor is consumed too.

I like pimento sandwiches cut like that.....No crust, that's important. ;)

I've been to several of such events (mostly point to point races) and even the fancy people like the basics.....Ribs, baked beans, slaw, and corn on the cob.....Of course lots of various flavors of liquor is consumed too.

Best pimento & cheese sandwiches I make are hand-shredded sharp cheddar, diced up Botticelli sweet red peppers, Miracle Whip (or Mayonnaise with some rice vinegar), a little salt and pepper.

The Botticelli peppers are way cheaper than those dinky little jars of diced pimentos, and there is no distinguishable difference in taste. I get the peppers at Walmart.

1718765744918.jpeg

Forum List

Back