Sowell: The 'Trickle-Down' Lie

Stealing from and raping the middle class to enhance wealth concentrations in the top 0.5% will certainly damage/destroy the economy.

Example please.

And I'm not saying there aren't any. I'm just interested in what you consider stealing...and if you consider the redistribution of wealth from the most productive citizens to the half of us that pay no federal income taxes to also be stealing.

How about you earn your money and others earn theirs, and what anyone spends it on is up to their voluntary choices. Hey, there's a unique concept!

Or do you feel somehow entitled to other people's money?

Code for...

I don't want to contribute to society

So in other words, you DO feel entitled to other people's money. Got it.

Code for...

Stealing is a-okay with me as long as I get the loot.

Pathetic.

We belong to a society. We contribute to that society. We all benefit from that society

We are stronger as a society than as a bunch of individuals

It pays to read the article. The trickle down lie is the lie told by liberals to justify high taxes as a method of creating prosperity.

Code for...

I don't want to contribute to society

So in other words, you DO feel entitled to other people's money. Got it.

Code for...

Stealing is a-okay with me as long as I get the loot.

Pathetic.

We belong to a society.

One that is supposed to outlaw theft.

We contribute to that society.

Lie. About half of the country pays no federal income tax.

We all benefit from that society

We absolutely do NOT benefit from your fucking central planning. It does, as it always has, far more harm than good.

We are stronger as a society than as a bunch of individuals

The "because I say so" argument doesn't cut it. Theft is wrong. You advocate theft as long as you benefit from the take.

Again, pathetic.

Last edited:
It pays to read the article. The trickle down lie is the lie told by liberals to justify high taxes as a method of creating prosperity.
--but don't expect these loony lefties to care.

The extreme left is into personal attacks and reality has nothing to do with it. Its like Sowell was saying, the loopy looney left has decided that poeple working for a living are admitted "tricklers". Sure, nobody's ever heard anyone who works for a living say he's a trickler, but but the extreme left is just having sooo much fun lying about people who work for a living.

I mean, they get away with it don't they?

The root word in "trickle" is "trick".

And who doesn't appreciate a good trick?

Stealing from and raping the middle class to enhance wealth concentrations in the top 0.5% will certainly damage/destroy the economy.

Example please.

And I'm not saying there aren't any. I'm just interested in what you consider stealing...and if you consider the redistribution of wealth from the most productive citizens to the half of us that pay no federal income taxes to also be stealing.

The most productive citizens are the laborers. The least productive ones are the very young, the retired, the disabled, and the shareholders. An inordinate amount of wealth (created by productive workers) is distributed among the very young, the retired, the disabled, and the shareholders. The fairness of this distribution ("theft," in some minds) is the gist of the American argument in our media-controlled discourse.

What you people call "giving" actually is nothing more than letting people keep what's already theirs.

What really bothers you is that some people have more than you do.

Example please.

The most productive citizens are the laborers. The least productive ones are the very young, the retired, the disabled, and the shareholders. An inordinate amount of wealth (created by productive workers) is distributed among the very young, the retired, the disabled, and the shareholders. The fairness of this distribution ("theft," in some minds) is the gist of the American argument in our media-controlled discourse.

Still looking for that example of "stealing from and raping the middle class to enhance wealth concentrations in the top"

A SPECIFIC example please.

Stated differently, show us exactly how "an inordinate amount of wealth is distributed" to the rich.

Those rich folks are much better off with their money than us working folks

How about you earn your money and others earn theirs, and what anyone spends it on is up to their voluntary choices. Hey, there's a unique concept!

(1) "Trickle down" economics refers specifically to supply side economic policy as introduced during the Reagan term. George Bush famously referred to this policy as "voodoo economics" just prior to Reagan's election.

(2) I don't give a shit what anyone spends on anything--but, as a citizen, I certainly care about this nation's economic future. Stealing from and raping the middle class to enhance wealth concentrations in the top 0.5% will certainly damage/destroy the economy. (i.e., economies only work when economic circulation exists.)

The funny part about Liberals that hate "trickle down economics" is that they then believe that if Government takes in trillions that they will trickle it down to them... In fact Obama, Bush, Reps and Dems take in trillions the on top of that print trillions that add to our deficits and debts. After all that they hand the vast majority of that monies to the campaign doners and other 1%er friends.

The reason trickle down does not work when Government does it is due to the vast amount of corruption. Simply put, Government spends a billion on something that would cost the privet sector 1 million, leaving very little to fix the problem they claimed they needed the money for in the first place.

Example please.

Still looking for that example of "stealing from and raping the middle class to enhance wealth concentrations in the top"

A SPECIFIC example please.

Of course there is no example because it doesn't happen

Some people are convinced that if you let people other than them keep their own money that they are being robbed.

Last edited:
More like a tinkle

Are you describing the "jobs ready" part of the Government failed trickle down stimulus you put so much faith in?

Or maybe you can tell me how Government does a better job getting 3.5 trillion they spend every year to the middle class and poor than the privet sector does that makes up the economy.

yawn sowell....how boring

Sowell is an academic. Academics are often boring to nonacademics. For those of us with functioning minds we tend to discredit those we disagree with utilizing facts as opposed to discounting them as "boring." But carry on, "boring" it is.

Republicans.....

We never wanted "Trickle Down" we wanted "Supply Side"

Those rich folks are much better off with their money than us working folks

Hey ain't that an interesting thought. Does that mean that the corporate executive feels he is entitled to his employees money thereby justifying the moving of jobs for American workers off shore? Where those workers get paid very little.

And the executive gets a big bonus from the cutting or eliminating of wages for American workers.

How come those executives feel that they need to take the workers pay?

Forum List

Back