Sparring

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
So, there is this one student in my homeroom this year - really good kid - who has expressed significant interest in the martial arts. I sometimes catch him at his desk sort of inconspicuously running through parts of wing chun forms during homeroom. Throughout the year I've let him borrow some books on various martial arts and since he showed particular interest, I've taken time now and then to teach him some taijichuan. I gave him a really old book of mine on Chen taijichuan as a graduation present. Too bad, I really liked that book. Anyway, the point of this OP is that he has said he is going to stop by my class after school one day this week for some sparring. This will probably just be limited to some push-hands, since he's a beginner and has one bad leg (and I'm sure the school would frown on it if he managed to hurt himself). Nonetheless, I'm proud of him for having the gumption to want to mix it up a little.

The next generation is not as bad as some make it out to be.

I had the privilege of sharing my knowledge of Catch Wrestling and Kick boxing with some interested classmates and others to see them go from timid to confident after learning some basic takedowns and throws was a real satisfying moment for me in my younger days.

Forum List

Back