Speaker Mike Johnson: 'We have to blur' Jan. 6 vids to shield rioters from DOJ

Jizz, baby, jizz!

hair.gif

200w.gif

893E36FB5D1-7489D727819C.gif

View attachment 868448

The House speaker offered a remarkable statement in support of those who rioted at the Capitol in 2021.

WASHINGTON ― House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) said Tuesday that Republicans are blurring faces in security footage from inside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to protect rioters from prosecution.

“We have to blur some of the faces of persons who participated in the events of that day because we don’t want them to be retaliated against and to be charged by the DOJ,” Johnson said at a press conference.

The Department of Justice has long had access to the footage and has used it in some of the roughly 1,200 criminal cases against people linked to the riot, which saw participants fight police and storm the Capitol building.

Johnson’s comment is a remarkable statement of sympathy for supporters of then-President Donald Trump who illegally entered a restricted federal building as part of a violent attack on Congress.

Though prosecutors already have the video, blurring people’s faces could prevent amateur investigators from sending tips to the FBI. Online sleuths have previously used social media and facial recognition software to help the government track down a number of suspects.

Shortly after becoming speaker in October, Johnson announced that Republicans would release thousands of hours of footage from security cameras, fulfilling a pledge he made to the far-right flank of the House GOP conference. The video has previously been available to criminal defendants and reporters by request.

More at the link below...

MAGA MIKE: 'WE HAVE TO BLUR' JAN. 6 VIDS TO SHIELD RIOTERS FROM DOJ

Protect rioters from DOJ? Why is he trying to protect the rioters from identification, investigation and prosecution? What do you think?
OMG you don't think the DOJ hasn't id all they could? You really are ignorant to be pushing this fake news

I doubt that this 'blurring' of identities of the J6 Jackasses by will have that big of an impact on the ID'g, locating, and apprehension of those Jackasses who have not yet been arrested.
After all, the DOJ, the FBI, and a whole raft of defense lawyers for the Jackasses have these images....without Speaker Johnson's intentional obscuring of identities.

So there is that.

Where I have some likely regrets is that this obscuring of suspects engaged in criminal activity is that it may hinder....somewhat....the really admirable work of the amateur sleuths who have had such success in fingering those suspected criminals.

And notably, some of those 'suspected criminals' ----really WERE criminals, in fact.
As determined by their guilty pleas, and in a multitude of jury and bench determinations they really were criminals.

So there is that.

Now, responsible and patriotic citizens can still help in ID'g these perps and maybe bringing them to justice.

Do this: Go to the Sedition Hunters website. Peruse their 'perp sheets'. And if you see a family member, a friend, colleague, neighbor, et al.....well, contact Sedition Hunters and tell them who your friend is. Let them do their admirable work in bringing American suspected criminals to justice.

House Democrats excoriated House Speaker Mike Johnson's decision to blur the faces of those who breached the Capitol on Jan. 6, which the GOP said is intended to protect "retaliation against private citizens."

"Horrible move by the speaker," Rep. Robert Garcia, D-Calif., told The Messenger. "I think he's trying to politicize this. And I think him and the caucus every day get more extreme."

Johnson announced the decision at a Tuesday morning press conference — and his office later said in a statement that the blurring of the faces was needed to “prevent all forms of retaliation against private citizens from any non-governmental actor.”

The release of footage from the insurrection was a top priority of many House conservatives, who wanted the tapes released to clear up what they argue is a misconception that the Capitol breach was a violent attack.

Now, Republicans are going further to say they must conceal the identities of those in the videos.

I thought the whole point of releasing the videos was to be transparent to the American public. Why the blurring of faces? Since Republicans keep claiming that the FBI was involved, wouldn't blurring further fuel the rumor?

It's for safety, the Democrat regime is prone to violence, murders and rapes.
LOL We already saw you idiots making a fool of yourself on live TV. Not to mention - the selfies floating around.

But yeah, go with that. Any excuse is good enough. :itsok:

So the leftist vermin is not persecuting Jews? Do tell.
Actually, retard. You made the claim - you have to prove it. That's the way it works in the real world, unlike your right-wing echo chamber where you idiots are long on accusations and short on facts.

But you won't. Since you are a lying retard but hey - prove me wrong. Go.

But wait… I thought the whole point of this excersize was to show that there was no violence.. or something

Why hide faces of people who did nothing?

The DOJ has moved on from people who were actually there to those who weren't there but said mean things.

Forum List

Back