Speaking of Billionaires...Manipulation...Crony Capitalism...

I don't need to provide your position. You'll do that. I've just come back in and started reading the political section so I'll soon learn where you stand.

You didn't seem to mind the term 'leftist' and accepted it as if you are one and there is a clear delineation between the two so I wondered. Time will provide it.
I haven't made an impact in the political section, because a certain person has kept me tied up in the flame zone! Now, who do you think that would be? :)

I wasn't even here when that was started up. Maybe you can keep your mind on the politics while you're not in there.

Anyway, back to the politics. IMO, the OP is much ado about nothing.

The Republicans have a greater grasp of the finances in the business sector while POTUS has the margins and they're losing the margin and youth vote as well as some minority votes.

I don't keep an eye on this money. I'm keeping an eye on the overall economy as it relates to the middle class. As it lowers, the Republicans chance of winning grows.

Time will tell this and your position. :)
Not really. Many of my posts are skewed strongly left, far past my actual beliefs. I take some strong stances for the sake of conversation, when I might actually be indifferent. That's particularly true in the political poems. Quite a bit of poetic license being taken there!

Hell, must we have an opinion on everything? Doesn't anybody read my signature? :)

Last edited:
I haven't made an impact in the political section, because a certain person has kept me tied up in the flame zone! Now, who do you think that would be? :)

I wasn't even here when that was started up. Maybe you can keep your mind on the politics while you're not in there.

The Republicans have a greater grasp of the finances in the business sector while POTUS has the margins and they're losing the margin and youth vote as well as some minority votes.

I don't keep an eye on this money. I'm keeping an eye on the overall economy as it relates to the middle class. As it lowers, the Republicans chance of winning grows.

Not really. Many of my posts are skewed strongly left, far past my actual beliefs. I take some strong stances for the sake of conversation, when I might actually be indifferent. That's particularly true in the political poems. Quite a bit of poetic license being taken there!

Hell, must we have an opinion on everything? Doesn't anybody read my signature? :)

Fortunately, my I-pad program blocks out signatures. It makes life nicer.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Hell, do we have to have an opinion on everything? :)

:lol:

Opinion on everything? This is the OP in question and I'm wondering if you're leftist or liberal Democrat.

We're in the political section. Not the poetry section, not poetry or prose, not the flame zone. So you've got a strongly left skewed posting style that's quite a bit farther than your real or actual beliefs in the Political section?

As far as the poetry and flame zone? There's nothing too small that it can't be exaggerated and there's nothing to big that it can't be minimized.

It's rather different in the political section.

Opinion on everything? This is the OP in question and I'm wondering if you're leftist or liberal Democrat.

We're in the political section. Not the poetry section, not poetry or prose, not the flame zone. So you've got a strongly left skewed posting style that's quite a bit farther than your real or actual beliefs in the Political section?

As far as the poetry and flame zone? There's nothing too small that it can't be exaggerated and there's nothing to big that it can't be minimized.

No, it's not! :)

Not if you want to make it fun!

I said rather different. It can still be fun.

Personally, I look for people's real beliefs in here.

You can make it fun by making positions that are not your real ones in this section if you wish. Thanks for clarifying. :)

You can make it fun by making positions that are not your real ones in this section if you wish. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Stop and think about it. How do you know that anything you read, from any poster, is a true belief? You don't. You can only respond as if it is true. :)

Stop and think about it. How do you know that anything you read, from any poster, is a true belief? You don't. You can only respond as if it is true. :)

Consistency.

Consistency.
It's easy to know which beliefs are left and right. And I can tell the subtle differences between left and hard left. But all of the right is a blur. I'm sure there are moderates here - just as there are guys who would be carrying m16's at the Bundy ranch, but I can't tell 'em apart. Everybody knows their own kind, just a bit better.

But what attracted me to this thread is the RW outrage that the left is using RW campaign financing tactics. Look how they call them crooks for being little Karl Roves!

There's enough faux outrage to go around. When I start seeing a lot of they and them's I usually know it's time to move on.

Thanks for your time.

:)

Consistency.
It's easy to know which beliefs are left and right. And I can tell the subtle differences between left and hard left. But all of the right is a blur. I'm sure there are moderates here - just as there are guys who would be carrying m16's at the Bundy ranch, but I can't tell 'em apart. Everybody knows their own kind, just a bit better.

But what attracted me to this thread is the RW outrage that the left is using RW campaign financing tactics. Look how they call them crooks for being little Karl Roves!

Never said crook, more of the hypocrisy of the left. The left screams how bad the right is in accepting money and being controlled by the rich, when it is for a liberal, the left is silent.

Consistency.

Never said crook, more of the hypocrisy of the left. The left screams how bad the right is in accepting money and being controlled by the rich, when it is for a liberal, the left is silent.

It isn't hypocrisy to be against relaxation of campaign finances laws, then begin to operate by the new rules - it is survival.

It's the same in business, where in the absence of strict regulation, all are forced to utilize the same tacics for their survival.

Consistency.

I note that this wasn't addressed.

+2

+2

Yet many did. I was only addressing them, not papageorgio.

+2

Yet many did. I was only addressing them, not papageorgio.

But the person you're discussing with didn't. Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks. Seems the left doesn't wish to address this...and that's fine. It just bolsters my point and topedos ANYTHING else I hear coming from the left regarding "Republicans and the RICH". It happens on BOTH SIDES.

Yes but even more so with the leftists. There are more rich Democrats in Washington then rich Republicans. The political class (includes both parties) gets rich off of stealing the liberties of us commoners.:mad:
And PROFIT...from LAW(s) they make that impede our liberty...that they make themselves IMMUNE to. It has to cease...one way or another. And since they aren't listening? You know OUR options grow few as to action...but then ME, YOU...would be called "TERRORISTS" by the likes of Dingy Harry Reid...one of the biggest offenders of ALL.

Current campaign finance law as written by 5 Republican Justices.

This is nothing new, just more out in the open with this regime that thinks it's above the law.

Note this one [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]

I still think it is important since you've built up a 'them' and 'they'. This way it's clear that the 'them' and 'they' doesn't apply to papageorgio.

He's not one of 'them' then. :)

It isn't hypocrisy to be against relaxation of campaign finances laws, then begin to operate by the new rules - it is survival.

It's the same in business, where in the absence of strict regulation, all are forced to utilize the same tacics for their survival.

Not hypocrisy, not sticking with principles, just justification. Thanks, got it now.

Consistency.

That's odd, I thought you said this, "Liberals chastise the right for the big money supposedly buying laws and votes, this seem to be what this liberal is doing ..."

Wouldn't buying laws and votes make one a crook?

A San Francisco Billionaire Just Bought Obama and Delayed the Keystone XL Pipeline

Obama being bought...just in time for the Mid-Terms...Isn't he telling he wants to deal with Republicans regarding the economy...rather than focus on ObamaCare...?

Bunch of threads around here decrying the KOCH Brothers and Billionaires being for the rich Republicans....Hey Statist Libs...WHERE are you on this? Deany? Anyone...?

The corruption continues...

What's the problem?

I thought corporations were people and money was speech!

Are you denying his money the right to talk?

What kind of republicans are you?

It's one thing to believe that a candidate has what it takes to tackle this country's problems and get behind them with support and money. It's quite another to offer up the "support" as a bribe to receive special favors from those who are supposed to be serving the people.

Campaign money is to help get people elected, but in an honest world, it would mean once the people are in office, they carry on with their campaign promises. Those promises are why we vote and we should expect them to live up to their word.

In this case, it's sheer corruption where money talks and what's good for the people doesn't get considered. It's all about taking money for their own greedy purposes and those handing the money over have just purchased power of the government.

Big difference and it does matter why people donate money and what they expect for it. I donate to campaigns, though not a lot. Point is that I support candidates who have good ideas. All I want is for them to do everything in their power to live up to the promises made on the campaign trail. The wealthy should expect the same and nothing more. I would give millions if I could afford it and do it simply to put the best people in Washington.

It's not fair to the little people when someone can buy votes or influence decisions made by elected officials. They should go to jail.

"Bribe, greed , corruption, jail".
But just as well
Didn't say "crook"
So you're not on "Ropey s hook

Last edited:

Forum List

Back