Speaking of Billionaires...Manipulation...Crony Capitalism...

Both sides do it and it needs to stop, but I doubt it will...

The SCOTUS decides which cases it will hear, and which it will not.

They continue to reduce limitations on contributions, ruling again just recently to remove limits on campaign contributions.

Outside of a visible quid pro quo, the moneyed can do whever they want.

Saying "it needs to stop" is just pissing in the wind.

Campaign funding and this thing which is nothing more than a bribe, are two entirely separate things.
Your savior. Your Chosen One, has been ruling, yes ruling, not governing by political fiat.
"I have a pen. I have a phone."

Now doubling down on bribery. Are you a Birther as well? @ Ropey

How can repubs be pro citizens united but anti politicians being bought?

Republican created and promoted the environment where this can happen then when the seeds sprout they act surprised. If you plant corn dont act suprised when corn grows.

@ Ropey

"Anyway, back to the politics. IMO, the OP is much ado about nothing. "

Because accusing Obama and Democrats of crime is nothing but same old same old. Just good ole boys, never meanin' no harm.

This is nothing new, just more out in the open with this regime that thinks it's above the law.

Note this one [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]

I still think it is important since you've built up a 'them' and 'they'. This way it's clear that the 'them' and 'they' doesn't apply to papageorgio.

He's not one of 'them' then. :)

And with all those responses, you didn't respond to this one.

:D

That's not a characteristic of the left. That's characteristic of you... so far.

It's easy to know which beliefs are left and right. And I can tell the subtle differences between left and hard left. But all of the right is a blur. I'm sure there are moderates here - just as there are guys who would be carrying m16's at the Bundy ranch, but I can't tell 'em apart. Everybody knows their own kind, just a bit better.

But what attracted me to this thread is the RW outrage that the left is using RW campaign financing tactics. Look how they call them crooks for being little Karl Roves!

Never said crook, more of the hypocrisy of the left. The left screams how bad the right is in accepting money and being controlled by the rich, when it is for a liberal, the left is silent.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

That's odd, I thought you said this, "Liberals chastise the right for the big money supposedly buying laws and votes, this seem to be what this liberal is doing ..."

Wouldn't buying laws and votes make one a crook?

Think about it and you tell me.

Yet many did. I was only addressing them, not papageorgio.

But the person you're discussing with didn't. Thanks for clarifying.

I counted one, that is many?

The op accuses the billionaire of buying Obama. Sounds like a criminal accusation to me! And 7 conservatives thanked that post.! Others wrote notes of agreement with the op, but none of you, including yourself, considered the postponement of the keystone construction, and the development of a Democratic super PAC to be two separate events.

And none, including yourself, offered any evidence supporting that conclusion.

Never said crook, more of the hypocrisy of the left. The left screams how bad the right is in accepting money and being controlled by the rich, when it is for a liberal, the left is silent.

That's odd, I thought you said this, "Liberals chastise the right for the big money supposedly buying laws and votes, this seem to be what this liberal is doing ..."

The 5 republican Supreme Court Justices have ruled, consistently, that buying advertising is not buying votes.

I'm guessing, that, until this point in time, you have agreed with them.

But that matters not. Those who you elect, and support, do think that unlimited campaign contributions and the incessant ads are just fine. The people you support have made it that way.

Now you chastise the Dems for playing with the same rules.

Note this one [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]

I still think it is important since you've built up a 'them' and 'they'. This way it's clear that the 'them' and 'they' doesn't apply to papageorgio.

He's not one of 'them' then. :)

And with all those responses, you didn't respond to this one.

:D

That's not a characteristic of the left. That's characteristic of you... so far.

I can't see everything on a 2 in wide screen! But surely both of you have caught my drift by now! :)

The 5 republican Supreme Court Justices have ruled, consistently, that buying advertising is not buying votes.

But that matters not. Those who you elect, and support, do think that unlimited campaign contributions and the incessant ads are just fine. The people you support have made it that way.

Again, your comprehension is lacking. It is the hypocrisy, the Dems claimed the GOP was corrupt and was swayed by the rich. The Dems are silent on this rich person swaying laws. You gave up the "principles" and went to justification.

I know you are trying to flip it, and it is a major fail.

Again, your comprehension is lacking. It is the hypocrisy, the Dems claimed the GOP was corrupt and was swayed by the rich. The Dems are silent on this rich person swaying laws. You gave up the "principles" and went to justification.

Indeed. You nailed it. It's just "they do it too, therefore it's OK...and I don't care" mentality. That's why we are in this mess. And besides the truth escapes these people because they don't want to hear it being brainwashed as they are.

Hey Conservatives, does this bother you, him saying he will help candidates who suffer monetarily for not supporting the pipeline? Does it bother you that he's got money to spend and he's going to do it on "lefty" policies? Do you hate it?

Marathon oil bought the Republicans for the pipeline
Guy with big bucks bought Obama against the pipeline

If we make them ALL pay for it, we can put a stop to it.

But if you excuse it for the people you support - you're just part of the problem.

Hey Conservatives, does this bother you, him saying he will help candidates who suffer monetarily for not supporting the pipeline? Does it bother you that he's got money to spend and he's going to do it on "lefty" policies? Do you hate it?

There is a Latin term, "quid pro quo." it means "this for that." A billionaire offering funds in return for Obama killing the Keystone is a quid pro quo situation, a matter of corruption. IF and I mean IF, there is evidence that Obama did exchange this act in return for the contributions, then he needs to be impeached and put in prison.

No you misunderstand....EVERYONE is swayed by the rich. The republicans are the only ones who say otherwise

Forum List

Back