Speaking of the Popular Vote...

It appears that liberals love to live in the cities. Personally, I am OK with them infiltrating states like New York and California. If we could fit all of them in those two states, they would be represented by a total of 4 senators. Even if they got 11 million more votes.

Mark

11 million that seems way to high, thankfully due to the Electoral College California and NY aren't the only ones in the country who choose the President.

Who wants to guess what the national total was for the Senate races in 2016.

Bzzzt...time's up!

The Democrats won by 11 million votes. Yes, the party that the nutcases around here would have you believe is disappearing, swamped the GOP.

United States Senate elections, 2016 - Wikipedia

The Democrats won by 11 million votes.

How many Senate votes did the Republicans get in California?

the party that the nutcases around here would have you believe is disappearing, swamped the GOP.

Of course, they swamped the GOP and gained.......2 seats.
While the GOP gained 2 governorships.

The Electoral College was put into the Constitution when it was originally written in 1789, for good reason. It has been more than 200 years since then. The American public has had all that time to decide whether they wanted to keep it. The Constitution has been amended 27 times in all that time, and never once has the public put any significant pressure on their congressmen to propose a Constitutional amendment to change or eliminate the Electoral College.

Clearly most normal Americans are just fine with it. Probably more so today than in previous elections. Clearly a large majority of the American people want to keep it just as it is, and NOT resort to electing a President by popular majority.

Sorry, liberals. I know you have no interest in following the law. But enough normal Americans do, that it is clear that a large majority of them want Trump elected just this way.

But keep please squalling and whining. It's one of the things that got you thrown out of office so hugely on Nov. 8, 2016. Your response seems to be to squall and whine even more. I'm happy with that, because it pretty much guarantees the same result in Nov. 2020.

Keep up the good work, liberals! :2up:

Was slavery preserved by the Constitution for good reason?

I'm not surprised a 'neck like you believes that.

11 million that seems way to high, thankfully due to the Electoral College California and NY aren't the only ones in the country who choose the President.

We can swear Hillary in as the loser if that would make you feel better.

Folks, that cements it! Carebear is NOT an illiterate out of the public schools, he is a DNC astro turfer, paid DNC poster.

How do we know this?

He proclaims how many more votes the left got for the senate, lol Is he NOW trying to suggest that senators be elected by popular vote? That is correct folks, the next senator from Alabama should be elected by those 6 or 7 million illegals in California. Typical lefty.

But more than that, he neglects to tell you something.......didn't you, you sneaky little Carebear of the DNC, lol..........what he forget to mention was, not every state had a senator up for re-election....and wouldn't you know that the State of Texas happened not to have one. Oh yes, it is true!

I would like ALL of you to check this out if you doubt me----------->every Republican senator that won re-election got more votes than Trump did in their state. Oh yes they did, true statement! So isn't it amazing the differential that Carebear just told you in the OP! Is he lying? No, unless you believe omission of some relevant facts are deceptive, but being a dnc paid astro turfing operative, he knows that Texas had no senate race, along with how big the California landslide was. Did the republicans even run a candidate?

Oh wait......you sneaky little Carebear you little WHINY the POOH you-) Is not the law in California that the two highest vote getters in the primaries face off against each other for the senate, regardless of party affiliation? Umm, exactly WHAT PARTY were the two senators from that faced off in California?

OMG, WHINY THE POOH, AKA Carebear; did I just screw up your whole thread. Sorry their Mr Pooh-Pooh, I am just trying to heeeeeeelp you, and Jakey the snakey, and the rest of your clan of losers-) Never fear, I will keep injecting reality into your liberal la-la land, hehehehehehehehe.

The Electoral College was put into the Constitution when it was originally written in 1789, for good reason. It has been more than 200 years since then. The American public has had all that time to decide whether they wanted to keep it. The Constitution has been amended 27 times in all that time, and never once has the public put any significant pressure on their congressmen to propose a Constitutional amendment to change or eliminate the Electoral College.

Clearly most normal Americans are just fine with it. Probably more so today than in previous elections. Clearly a large majority of the American people want to keep it just as it is, and NOT resort to electing a President by popular majority.

Sorry, liberals. I know you have no interest in following the law. But enough normal Americans do, that it is clear that a large majority of them want Trump elected just this way.

But keep please squalling and whining. It's one of the things that got you thrown out of office so hugely on Nov. 8, 2016. Your response seems to be to squall and whine even more. I'm happy with that, because it pretty much guarantees the same result in Nov. 2020.

Folks, that cements it! Carebear is NOT an illiterate out of the public schools, he is a DNC astro turfer, paid DNC poster.

How do we know this?

He proclaims how many more votes the left got for the senate, lol Is he NOW trying to suggest that senators be elected by popular vote? That is correct folks, the next senator from Alabama should be elected by those 6 or 7 million illegals in California. Typical lefty.

But more than that, he neglects to tell you something.......didn't you, you sneaky little Carebear of the DNC, lol..........what he forget to mention was, not every state had a senator up for re-election....and wouldn't you know that the State of Texas happened not to have one. Oh yes, it is true!

I would like ALL of you to check this out if you doubt me----------->every Republican senator that won re-election got more votes than Trump did in their state. Oh yes they did, true statement! So isn't it amazing the differential that Carebear just told you in the OP! Is he lying? No, unless you believe omission of some relevant facts are deceptive, but being a dnc paid astro turfing operative, he knows that Texas had no senate race, along with how big the California landslide was. Did the republicans even run a candidate?

Oh wait......you sneaky little Carebear you little WHINY the POOH you-) Is not the law in California that the two highest vote getters in the primaries face off against each other for the senate, regardless of party affiliation? Umm, exactly WHAT PARTY were the two senators from that faced off in California?

OMG, WHINY THE POOH, AKA Carebear; did I just screw up your whole thread. Sorry their Mr Pooh-Pooh, I am just trying to heeeeeeelp you, and Jakey the snakey, and the rest of your clan of losers-) Never fear, I will keep injecting reality into your liberal la-la land, hehehehehehehehe.

You sound even more confused than usual, and that is quite a bar to clear.

Bzzzt...time's up!

The Democrats won by 11 million votes. Yes, the party that the nutcases around here would have you believe is disappearing, swamped the GOP.

The Democrats won by 11 million votes.

How many Senate votes did the Republicans get in California?

the party that the nutcases around here would have you believe is disappearing, swamped the GOP.

Of course, they swamped the GOP and gained.......2 seats.
While the GOP gained 2 governorships.

We get it. Votes don't matter to you people.

lol.

How do we know this?

You sound even more confused than usual, and that is quite a bar to clear.

Nope there Whiny the Pooh-Pooh, you know exactly of what it is I speak. I know it, and you know it, lol. If you can convince others, be my guest. I have no problem with the dumb following the dumber, hehehehehehehehe!

Bzzzt...time's up!

So when are getting sworn into office?

The Democrats gained seats in the Senate. Jesus Christ pay attention.
Yes, because the GOP had to defend many more seats than the Dems. Two years from now, the shoe will be on the other foot, and we'll see what happens.

Mark

Bzzzt...time's up!

So when are getting sworn into office?

The Democrats gained seats in the Senate. Jesus Christ pay attention.
Democrats couldn't even win back fucking Senate seats in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin during a presidential election season, moron.

14 Republicans were up for re-election and 12 of them were re-elected, you failed.

The loser will be sworn in.

Anomalies in our election process won't save conservatism.
:itsok:

What did conservatives get out of the last Republican president who got elected?

Be specific.

Not much. Its why we stayed home in droves when McCain and Romney ran. If I wanted to vote for a Democrat, I would have voted for Obama.

Mark

And speaking of Senate races, get ready for 2018.........................
Dims have to defend 25 Senate seats !!!
Reeling Democrats confront brutal 2018 Senate map
A filibuster-proof majority isn't out of the question if things break right for the GOP.

The sprawling, 10-person Democratic leadership team that Chuck Schumer assembled on Wednesday will allow him to hear from everyone from Bernie Sanders to Joe Manchin.

And Democrats are going to need all the wisdom they can summon — from all quarters of the party — to survive what’s coming at them in 2018.

snip

Republicans are bullish about padding their majority in the midterms. While Democrats may take back seats in the House, winning back the Senate is almost impossible, given that they will be on offense in just two battlegrounds, Arizona and Nevada, and defending 25 seats.

Reeling Democrats confront brutal 2018 Senate map

Forum List

Back