Speaking of the Popular Vote...

Was slavery preserved by the Constitution for good reason?

I'm not surprised a 'neck like you believes that.

11 million that seems way to high, thankfully due to the Electoral College California and NY aren't the only ones in the country who choose the President.

We can swear Hillary in as the loser if that would make you feel better.

Folks, that cements it! Carebear is NOT an illiterate out of the public schools, he is a DNC astro turfer, paid DNC poster.

How do we know this?

He proclaims how many more votes the left got for the senate, lol Is he NOW trying to suggest that senators be elected by popular vote? That is correct folks, the next senator from Alabama should be elected by those 6 or 7 million illegals in California. Typical lefty.

But more than that, he neglects to tell you something.......didn't you, you sneaky little Carebear of the DNC, lol..........what he forget to mention was, not every state had a senator up for re-election....and wouldn't you know that the State of Texas happened not to have one. Oh yes, it is true!

I would like ALL of you to check this out if you doubt me----------->every Republican senator that won re-election got more votes than Trump did in their state. Oh yes they did, true statement! So isn't it amazing the differential that Carebear just told you in the OP! Is he lying? No, unless you believe omission of some relevant facts are deceptive, but being a dnc paid astro turfing operative, he knows that Texas had no senate race, along with how big the California landslide was. Did the republicans even run a candidate?

Oh wait......you sneaky little Carebear you little WHINY the POOH you-) Is not the law in California that the two highest vote getters in the primaries face off against each other for the senate, regardless of party affiliation? Umm, exactly WHAT PARTY were the two senators from that faced off in California?

OMG, WHINY THE POOH, AKA Carebear; did I just screw up your whole thread. Sorry their Mr Pooh-Pooh, I am just trying to heeeeeeelp you, and Jakey the snakey, and the rest of your clan of losers-) Never fear, I will keep injecting reality into your liberal la-la land, hehehehehehehehe.

"lol Is he NOW trying to suggest that senators be elected by popular vote?"

WTF?

Senators are elected by popular vote.

As are congressfolks, as are governors as are state senators, etc. etc...

Are you dense?

I meant the popular vote across the country, not in the state, but you knew that.

But then, did you know the Senators were NOT supposed to be elected by popular vote? Yep, that is true. It needs to be changed back, but that will go the way of the do-do bird, just like far leftists wanting to do away with the EC.

We go by state when it comes to state senator elections. Derp.

Popular vote elections. And no, the right wing pipedream cake of abolishing the 17th amendment is not going to happy, Gomer.

And neither is the EC, DERP! (whatever a Derp is, I capitalized it, so I guess I out DERPed him, lol) But, we almost have enough states by ourselves to call, and control, an article 5, DERP! (out derped him again, hehehehe) When that happens, you will need a diaper, in fact a double diaper, because you will be crapping all over yourself, 5 times a day-)
We're not talking about the EC, nitwit.

We are talking about the popular *pure democratic* vote for senator.
Of which you stupidly said of the OP:

Go hang your head in shame.

So when are getting sworn into office?

The Democrats gained seats in the Senate. Jesus Christ pay attention.
Democrats couldn't even win back fucking Senate seats in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin during a presidential election season, moron.

14 Republicans were up for re-election and 12 of them were re-elected, you failed.
Did R's overall gain final seats -- or lose them?

Need the final number count? It's in the OP link.

That is NOT the question, or Mr Misdirection, the real question is-------------->who gained more power, the Dems, or the Repubs, lololol!

YOU are on the outside looking in EVERYWHERE in the federal government, and in MOST state governments.

Last election, you could veto anything, now you can not STOP ANYTHING. Good luck, and enjoy the next 1 or 2 Scalias also on the Supreme Court. Couldn't happen to nicer bunch of leftists-)

the dems gained 2 seats, the repubderps still have control... but not enough to break a senate filibuster ...

They need 8 Democrats to break a filibuster. Who might they be?

Democrats couldn't even win back fucking Senate seats in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin during a presidential election season, moron.

14 Republicans were up for re-election and 12 of them were re-elected, you failed.

That is NOT the question, or Mr Misdirection, the real question is-------------->who gained more power, the Dems, or the Repubs, lololol!

YOU are on the outside looking in EVERYWHERE in the federal government, and in MOST state governments.

Last election, you could veto anything, now you can not STOP ANYTHING. Good luck, and enjoy the next 1 or 2 Scalias also on the Supreme Court. Couldn't happen to nicer bunch of leftists-)

the dems gained 2 seats, the repubderps still have control... but not enough to break a senate filibuster ...

I wouldn't put it past the ArrrgR fucknuts to go nuclear.

We shall see.

When Republicans regained control of the Senate in 2015, they opted to keep the ban on nomination filibusters. Republicans internalized the new parliamentary regime quickly. As Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) argued, “I think it’s well within the traditions of the Senate for a majority to decide nominations and a supermajority to decide legislation.” Will Republicans still distinguish between nominations and legislation? Democrats’ behavior will shape a GOP decision about going nuclear, as will Republican calculations about their own electoral interests, party goals and the potential burden of carrying legislative water for President Trump.

Killing off filibusters to secure the Trump agenda is not a done deal.

So when are getting sworn into office?

Until 2018.....

Don't believe him PTBW, he is again, using a misdirection. Did the Democrats have a filibuster proof majority when they put in Obamacare?

Of course not! Harry (the far leftist) Reid, got with her heind-end Nancy, plastic surgery Pelosi, and concocted a way to go around regular rules. They were warned that it could come back to bite them, so after they pulled that one off, they decided to use EOs to implement most of the rest of their agenda.

What they never thought was possible has happened, the roles are now reversed, and THEY have set the rules on how to over ride. The difference is-------->after seeing how EASY it is to over ride EOs, the Repubs will pass laws, meaning if the Democrats don't control all 3 branches, they are screwed.

Why?

Because this time they WILL get an activist Supreme Court, but it will be installed by the Repubs. Without 3 branches, the Dems will be tied up for years, which is why immigration is sooooo important. By the time the Democrats break that log jam......if ever.....those here will be assimilated into American culture, and laugh at the far leftists, just like we do-)

(man, that has to gall them.......and how do I know it is true? Because I am 2nd generation Hispanic, and all of us laugh at them, along with most all the 2nd generation Hispanics we know. We are hard working capitalists, and want to keep our money too, lol)

Until 2018.....

Don't believe him PTBW, he is again, using a misdirection. Did the Democrats have a filibuster proof majority when they put in Obamacare?

Of course not! Harry (the far leftist) Reid, got with her heind-end Nancy, plastic surgery Pelosi, and concocted a way to go around regular rules. They were warned that it could come back to bite them, so after they pulled that one off, they decided to use EOs to implement most of the rest of their agenda.

What they never thought was possible has happened, the roles are now reversed, and THEY have set the rules on how to over ride. The difference is-------->after seeing how EASY it is to over ride EOs, the Repubs will pass laws, meaning if the Democrats don't control all 3 branches, they are screwed.

Why?

Because this time they WILL get an activist Supreme Court, but it will be installed by the Repubs. Without 3 branches, the Dems will be tied up for years, which is why immigration is sooooo important. By the time the Democrats break that log jam......if ever.....those here will be assimilated into American culture, and laugh at the far leftists, just like we do-)

(man, that has to gall them.......and how do I know it is true? Because I am 2nd generation Hispanic, and all of us laugh at them, along with most all the 2nd generation Hispanics we know. We are hard working capitalists, and want to keep our money too, lol)

BINGO!!!.......:desk:

Folks, that cements it! Carebear is NOT an illiterate out of the public schools, he is a DNC astro turfer, paid DNC poster.

How do we know this?

He proclaims how many more votes the left got for the senate, lol Is he NOW trying to suggest that senators be elected by popular vote? That is correct folks, the next senator from Alabama should be elected by those 6 or 7 million illegals in California. Typical lefty.

But more than that, he neglects to tell you something.......didn't you, you sneaky little Carebear of the DNC, lol..........what he forget to mention was, not every state had a senator up for re-election....and wouldn't you know that the State of Texas happened not to have one. Oh yes, it is true!

I would like ALL of you to check this out if you doubt me----------->every Republican senator that won re-election got more votes than Trump did in their state. Oh yes they did, true statement! So isn't it amazing the differential that Carebear just told you in the OP! Is he lying? No, unless you believe omission of some relevant facts are deceptive, but being a dnc paid astro turfing operative, he knows that Texas had no senate race, along with how big the California landslide was. Did the republicans even run a candidate?

Oh wait......you sneaky little Carebear you little WHINY the POOH you-) Is not the law in California that the two highest vote getters in the primaries face off against each other for the senate, regardless of party affiliation? Umm, exactly WHAT PARTY were the two senators from that faced off in California?

OMG, WHINY THE POOH, AKA Carebear; did I just screw up your whole thread. Sorry their Mr Pooh-Pooh, I am just trying to heeeeeeelp you, and Jakey the snakey, and the rest of your clan of losers-) Never fear, I will keep injecting reality into your liberal la-la land, hehehehehehehehe.

WTF?

Are you dense?

I meant the popular vote across the country, not in the state, but you knew that.

But then, did you know the Senators were NOT supposed to be elected by popular vote? Yep, that is true. It needs to be changed back, but that will go the way of the do-do bird, just like far leftists wanting to do away with the EC.

Popular vote elections. And no, the right wing pipedream cake of abolishing the 17th amendment is not going to happy, Gomer.

And neither is the EC, DERP! (whatever a Derp is, I capitalized it, so I guess I out DERPed him, lol) But, we almost have enough states by ourselves to call, and control, an article 5, DERP! (out derped him again, hehehehe) When that happens, you will need a diaper, in fact a double diaper, because you will be crapping all over yourself, 5 times a day-)

What is the problem SNOWFLAKE, you butt hurt-) Go melt, you have no power for 2 years at the least, so go spit into the wind. Come back and be threatening when you get some power back. Right now, you and your far leftist friends, can't do a thing, cya, wouldn't want to be ya-)

Who wants to guess what the national total was for the Senate races in 2016.

Bzzzt...time's up!

The Democrats won by 11 million votes. Yes, the party that the nutcases around here would have you believe is disappearing, swamped the GOP.

United States Senate elections, 2016 - Wikipedia

The Democrats won by 11 million votes.

How many Senate votes did the Republicans get in California?

the party that the nutcases around here would have you believe is disappearing, swamped the GOP.

Of course, they swamped the GOP and gained.......2 seats.
While the GOP gained 2 governorships.

We get it. Votes don't matter to you people.

lol.

We get it. Votes don't matter to you people.

Electoral votes matter.

How many Senate votes did the Republicans get in California?

11 million that seems way to high, thankfully due to the Electoral College California and NY aren't the only ones in the country who choose the President.
Yes, we don't need crazy Cali and nutcase New York determining the president of United States...

WTF?

Are you dense?

What is the problem SNOWFLAKE, you butt hurt-) Go melt, you have no power for 2 years at the least, so go spit into the wind. Come back and be threatening when you get some power back. Right now, you and your far leftist friends, can't do a thing, cya, wouldn't want to be ya-)

Ah, Ok. You were shown to have a vapid argument, so Ah Hom is your route.

I don't give a shit if this is your punt, but you sure as hell don't understand facts and history, and I intent to highlight your idiocy when you say stupid things like this:

NYCabinQueer flunked basic civics (and has alot of butt-hurt company). They do not know the difference between a representative Republic and a direct Democracy. Obla dee, oblah dah, our political system goes on..........

NYCabinQueer flunked basic civics (and has alot of butt-hurt company). They do not know the difference between a representative Republic and a direct Democracy. Obla dee, oblah dah, our political system goes on..........
The OP was specifically about the Senate race.

Tell us genius, are Senators elected by direct democratic vote?

Think on this.

Hard.

Think on this.

Hard.

I am not responsible for the hallucinations that you are currently having over what you thought I said or what you thought I might have inferred. Get help quick!, if you can afford it.

Think on this.

Hard.

You bet. By state. So the fact that nationally the Dems got more votes in the Senate doesn't mean a thing.

Ah, Ok. You were shown to have a vapid argument, so Ah Hom is your route.

I don't give a shit if this is your punt, but you sure as hell don't understand facts and history, and I intent to highlight your idiocy when you say stupid things like this:

Another MISDIRECTIONIST, trying to take something out of context, so they don't have to answer to the real problem.

What is the real deal/problem?

They are screwed for 2 years at the least, the OP also MISDIRECTED by NOT telling you that Texas did NOT have a senate race, nor that 2 DEMOCRATS ran for Senate in California.......meaning EVERY vote cast there was for a Democrat, lol.

Now, what do you as a person wanting to be informed think is more important-------->

1. That I was taken out of context, and that what I ADMIT I meant was is that the OP is now suggesting that the popular vote ACROSS THE COUNTRY elect senators........or

''''''''''''rather.........

that your OP author, and his obvious friend "toiletpaper," keep attempting to try and NOT let you know that every vote cast for senator in California this election was a vote for a DEMOCRAT, and that there was not a senate race in Texas, which means no votes for a Republican was cast there!

I will ADMIT that I misposted, if they admit that all senate votes in California in 2016 were for Democrats, and that not 1 vote for senate was posted for a republican in 2016 in Texas-)

Now ya see, who is trying to mislead you? Me, or these far leftists-)

Forum List

Back