Speculate about why DeSantis shipped migrants from Texas to Martha's Vineyard when he has so many in florida.

Desantis sent them with brochures promising them jobs and cash.
Published by the state of Mass-a-Chew-sits to induce refugees to move there.

Don't you think the wealthy Democrats of Martha's Vineyard owe the next several planeloads of Venezuelan refugees housing and cash, since many of them were profiteers of America's support of dictators in that country?

That is just silly. It is like saying, "We have more prison escapes the more guards we put on the wall.".
I you are referring to my statement "the tighter the restrictions, the more illegal immigration", your analogy fails. The harder we make it to entry the country legally, the more people that will attempt to enter the country illegally. The reverse is also true. Allowing more people to entry the country with green cards will reduce the number trying to come in illegally.

Most of these people are not coming from Mexico. They are coming from Central America and South America. Once they arrive they have no choice but to enter the US. They can't return and they can't stay in Mexico. They walk across the line sit down and wait for customs and immigration to pick them up so they can declare themselves as asylum seekers. That will get them up to a year or more in US and if they are denied asylum, they get a free ride back home.

Our problem is not border security it's our immigration laws. We reward these people with a free stay in the US and a free ride back home when they are denied asylum. Many of these people enter the US illegally because there is no way to enter legally, no matter how long they wait.

Don't you think the wealthy Democrats of Martha's Vineyard owe the next several planeloads of Venezuelan refugees housing and cash, since many of them were profiteers of America's support of dictators in that country?
Most of 17,000 full time residents are not that wealthy but yes they are mostly democrat. However, the thousands of absentee owners may or may not be. Anyway 15 illegal immigrants are not going to be a problem.

Most of 17,000 full time residents are not that wealthy but yes they are mostly democrat. However, the thousands of absentee owners may or may not be. Anyway 15 illegal immigrants are not going to be a problem.
Yes, well then don't tax the non-wealthy who live on Martha's Vineyard. They are likely the servants of the wealthy in one way or another. Tax the wealthy to build housing for the refugees, if they don't want to share their mansions with people in need.

I don't see how any Democrat can argue against that idea. I thought that was the basis of their whole economic philosophy.

I you are referring to my statement "the tighter the restrictions, the more illegal immigration", your analogy fails. The harder we make it to entry the country legally, the more people that will attempt to enter the country illegally. The reverse is also true. Allowing more people to entry the country with green cards will reduce the number trying to come in illegally.
We do need to issue more green cards, but first we have to secure the border or the process becomes a farce. When California legalized weed with restriction, people loved it. But then the restrictions became so burdensome that californians started texting their weed dealers again.

Same will happen for increasing legal immigration. We would have to vet people or it would be a sham. People who don't want to wait, or could not pass the screening will keep coming illegally.

Unless we secure the border. Secure the border and then we can decide who come in.

That's what every other single country in the world does, unless it is such a hellhole that no one wants to come in anyway.

Why shouldn't we?

We went over this. He's doing this because "owning the libs" cracks open Trumpster wallets.

We went over this. He's doing this because "owning the libs" cracks open Trumpster wallets.
Yeah, that's why he offered them the free flight to Martha's Vineyard, no doubt.

The question is why get them from Texas instead of sending some of the thousands that Biden flew to Florida?

We do not have open borders. If we did we would have far more immigrants entering the country. Also most democrats about 53% do not support the idea of open boarders. Although there is much talk about open borders, there is no country that has true open borders. The EU comes the closest. Many countries have relatively free movement across borders but with some restrictions.

The ultimate solution in US may well be to increase the permeant residents that is the number of green holders. To get a green card, you would have to have a clean criminal record and can demonstrate you have a skill so you can be self supporting. The number of green cards issued would have to be high enough to reduce the amount illegal border crossing such that the border control could handle it.
Another stupid comment. Please tell us what percentage is actually turned away

Yeah, that's why he offered them the free flight to Martha's Vineyard, no doubt.

The question is why get them from Texas instead of sending some of the thousands that Biden flew to Florida?
Why does it matter? All we're talking about is optics. This is a publicity stunt. It's not like there's any meaningful governance or leadership going on.

Martha's Vineyard has a service based economy, restaurants, hotels, construction, and real estate. I expect that they will find jobs for them very quickly. However, if they get too many they can well afford to send them back to Florida.

Last edited:
Martha's Vineyard has a service based economy, restaurants, hotels, construction, and real estate. I expect that they find jobs for them very quickly. However, if they get too many they can well afford to send them back to Florida.
Hmmm.... maybe the airlines are behind this... 🕵️‍♂️

Another stupid comment. Please tell us what percentage is actually turned away
About million a year will be eventfully returned to their home country. Most of these people are now seeking asylum and our laws require they have their day in court which takes a long time and if they have a lawyer a long, long time.

Why does it matter? All we're talking about is optics.
I guess you're right, since I seem to be the only one interested in the fact that DeSantis flew refugees from Texas to the Sanctuary island instead of refugees from Florida. Well, one Democrat on here mentioned it, but they couldn't get their sister libs to comment on it any more than I can get my fellow non-libs to.
This is a publicity stunt. It's not like there's any meaningful governance or leadership going on.
Leadership, yes. Governance, no.

You can't really do any meaningful governance as a state leader when the opposing party president and congress are making a mockery of the whole idea of our American republic and the media is cheering them on for it. All you can do in a situation like that is publicity stunts that forces the media to cover what is really going on.

That's what leadership looks like until Trump-DeSantis defeats whatever two sacrificial lambs run against them in 2024. Then we can have leadership and governance.

What Democrats do you think could beat that ticket?

I guess you're right, since I seem to be the only one interested in the fact that DeSantis flew refugees from Texas to the Sanctuary island instead of refugees from Florida. Well, one Democrat on here mentioned it, but they couldn't get their sister libs to comment on it any more than I can get my fellow non-libs to.

You can't really do any meaningful governance as a state leader when the opposing party president and congress are making a mockery of the whole idea of our American republic and the media is cheering them on for it. All you can do in a situation like that is publicity stunts that forces the media to cover what is really going on.

That's what leadership looks like until Trump-DeSantis defeats whatever two sacrificial lambs run against them in 2024. Then we can have leadership and governance.

Beats me. But if no one can, we might as well throw in the towel.

We do need to issue more green cards, but first we have to secure the border or the process becomes a farce. When California legalized weed with restriction, people loved it. But then the restrictions became so burdensome that californians started texting their weed dealers again.

Same will happen for increasing legal immigration. We would have to vet people or it would be a sham. People who don't want to wait, or could not pass the screening will keep coming illegally.

Unless we secure the border. Secure the border and then we can decide who come in.

That's what every other single country in the world does, unless it is such a hellhole that no one wants to come in anyway.

Why shouldn't we?
I don't think we can secure the borders considering our politics, our laws, and the numbers coming to our borders. Trump's wall fiascos has shown we can't keep them out with walls. We can't even use the military to stop them since our laws give migrants the right to petition for asylum at our borders.

By the time the DOJ is done with him on espionage charges inciting the Capital break-in, the State of New York on fraud charges, and the State of Georgia on election tampering charges, he will likely have at least one felony conviction. I know republicans go a bit crazy when it comes to Trump but I serious doubt they are going to support a two time impeached candidate with criminal convictions, and clearly a huge problem when it comes to National Security. Now I might be wrong, and republicans will nominated him no matter what he did. That would at least guarantee a huge turnout from democrats and independents no matter who was running against Trump. I will be keeping my fingers crossed hoping that republicans nominate him.

Last edited:
By the time the DOJ is done with him on espionage charges inciting the Capital break-in, the State of New York on fraud charges, and the State of Georgia are done with him on election tampering charges, he will likely have at least one felony confection. I know republicans go a bit crazy when it comes to Trump but I serious doubt they are going to support a two time impeached candidate with criminal convictions, and clearly a huge problem when it comes to National Security. Now I might be wrong, and republicans will nominated him no matter what he did.
He won't have any criminal confection, I assure you.

In the unlikely event you are correct, who do you have in mind who could beat DeSantis in 2024?

The Democrat Sheriff of Bexar County (where San Antonio is) has bought into the "they were tricked!" line. Or he's just a famewhore:

Forum List

Back