Spielberg says next Indiana Jones should be played by a woman

Why not grow a little original imagination and think of sonething new.

Something new has been tried already. Movie remakes with reassigned gender or racial roles usually go over like a loud fart in a crowded movie theater with a broken ventilation system and the emergency exit doors locked.

I'm a huge comic book fan, (if nobody could tell) and I have never minded the rebooting of comic book movies. It happens all the time in the comics themselves. But when I heard they were rebooting the Fantastic Four with a black Johnny Storm I was immediately turned off. Johnny Storm has been white for something like 70 years. I don't need a black Human Torch. You could create decades of great comic book movies without reassigning race/genders.

I heard somewhere that Disney is rebooting "The Rocketeer" with a black female lead.

How do they come up with ideas like that? Write them down on little pieces of paper and draw one out of a hat?
That movie sucked

:laughing0301:

f4f4cfbd29334f9682b5e74121765783.jpg

Why not grow a little original imagination and think of sonething new.

Something new has been tried already. Movie remakes with reassigned gender or racial roles usually go over like a loud fart in a crowded movie theater with a broken ventilation system and the emergency exit doors locked.

I'm a huge comic book fan, (if nobody could tell) and I have never minded the rebooting of comic book movies. It happens all the time in the comics themselves. But when I heard they were rebooting the Fantastic Four with a black Johnny Storm I was immediately turned off. Johnny Storm has been white for something like 70 years. I don't need a black Human Torch. You could create decades of great comic book movies without reassigning race/genders.

I heard somewhere that Disney is rebooting "The Rocketeer" with a black female lead.

How do they come up with ideas like that? Write them down on little pieces of paper and draw one out of a hat?
It is simply the result of PC /SJW education showing up outside of the universities.

Now movie makers, producers and directors are no longer interested in making GOOD movies but in making social and political messages.

JJ Abrams made a terrible slew of new star trek movies and continued that with starwars. He complains that people are bigoted or racist when they do not watch his movies as much as he wishes or do not like his movies.

Paul Feig made the new ghostbusters which was openly a feminist political propaganda piece and a total flop. He literally accused people of being assholes for not seeing or liking it. Which probably cost him a million or so ticket sales.

The left wing is made up of perpetual victim hood status seeking cry babies and when those people make movies it is reflected in their work.

This is probably also why no one seems able to make a movie with an original story anymore but instead do nothing but reboot old ones.

When one is more interested in spreading a message it retards creativity.

Yes Kelly Brook is hot but no great action actor.

Her film roles usually invole getting naked in some way which is fantastic but not really action star material;.

What is really stupid about this whole feminist movie trend is that it ignores the powerful roles played by women in original films such as Raiders of the Lost Ark. Karen Allen was more than a co star or side kick she was as important to the film as Harrison Ford.

She also portrayed a tough woman who did not need a man in her life even if she was attracted to men.

The Same is true with Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts in ghostbusters and many other women in many great movies.

Yet today the narrative is that women are unfairly portrayed as weak in movies and we need to make terrible films which destroy franchises in order to make up for it.

Her film roles usually invole getting naked in some way which is fantastic but not really action star material;.

What is really stupid about this whole feminist movie trend is that it ignores the powerful roles played by women in original films such as Raiders of the Lost Ark. Karen Allen was more than a co star or side kick she was as important to the film as Harrison Ford.

She also portrayed a tough woman who did not need a man in her life even if she was attracted to men.

The Same is true with Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts in ghostbusters and many other women in many great movies.

Yet today the narrative is that women are unfairly portrayed as weak in movies and we need to make terrible films which destroy franchises in order to make up for it.

Sounds to me like Spielberg is trying to milk the Indiana Jones theme for every dime he can, by pandering to a more female audience.

Sounds to me like Spielberg is trying to milk the Indiana Jones theme for every dime he can, by pandering to a more female audience.
Could be.

However as we have seen from other movies that formula does not always work.

Women do not necessarily like or go to see movies just because it has a female star. That keeps getting proven over and over but somehow hollywood keeps living in denial.

Comic books tried the same thing and are desperately trying to reverse the trend as their female and other minority leads nearly destroyed the industry.

Except females prefer strong sexy men.

This is why they are trying to decide if the next James Bond should be black, female or gay.

Is she going to be played by someone who looks like they could pass the military requirements for infantry? Or is it going to be an little elf who punches someone and they fly into the air? How much you want to bet on a supermodel Barbie action hero?
Could professor jones pass your test? If not, why does she have to be more bad ass than he was?

Charlese Theron

Is she going to be played by someone who looks like they could pass the military requirements for infantry? Or is it going to be an little elf who punches someone and they fly into the air? How much you want to bet on a supermodel Barbie action hero?
Could professor jones pass your test? If not, why does she have to be more bad ass than he was?

Charlese Theron
Probably he could yes.

Jones was not really meant to be a super bad ass. He was tough but not much of a super man. He had the sense to shoot people when he needed to and came real close to getting his ass kicked more than once. Sometimes only being saved by dumb luck.

A woman would not be realistic in such a role.

Charlese Theron
Probably he could yes.

Jones was not really meant to be a super bad ass. He was tough but not much of a super man. He had the sense to shoot people when he needed to and came real close to getting his ass kicked more than once. Sometimes only being saved by dumb luck.

If There’s Going to Be a Female Indiana Jones, Who Should Play Her?

Charlese Theron
Probably he could yes.

I would like to see Christina Ricci take on the role.

The first actress that comes to my mind for the role is Demi Moore because of her doing that G.I. Jane film from back in the day.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back