Spike Lee: Whitey stay out of our neighborhoods!

This is a pretty good argument against Lee's rant, some of which was down right racist IMO.

Lee’s torrent of cussing and complaints mostly focused on how well-heeled white newcomers have allegedly ruined Fort Greene, where he grew up. Much of what he said was hilarious (“Have you seen Fort Greene Park in the morning? It’s like the mother-effing Westminster Dog Show!”). But some of it was downright offensive (“You can’t just come in the neighborhood and start bogarting and say, like you’re mother-effing Columbus and kill off the Native Americans.”)

The author goes onto show Lee has done to other neighborhoods exactly what he is complaining about.

Read more: The gentrification of Spike Lee* - NY Daily News

Since Reggie Miller retired saying stupid stuff is the only way Spike Lee can get anyone to pay attention to him non basket ball fans probably won't get the Reggie Miller reference.

That's right . Another famous 'race whore' is pissed off that Whites are moving into Black neighborhoods and making them safe for a White mother to take her baby for a walk in a stroller at 3AM. Like he says, paraphrasing: "When that can happen our Black neighborhoods are becoming too safe AKA White". He doesn't want 'Whitey' moving in and making Blacks neighborhoods "bland".
But one Black responded with the truth: "Nothing will change with Blacks shooting each other".
Spike Lee?s Comments On NYC Gentrification Spark Debate In Fort Greene « CBS New York

What a hypocrite. Was asking $32 million for his Manhatten home a year ago.

Spike Lee Wants $32M For UES Home With Celeb-Studded Past - Celebrity Real Estate - Curbed NY

I never really like Spike Lee or his movies.....I know he won't have the gaul to move to my neck of the woods....

His movies are a mixed bag.

I liked "Do the Right Thing", "Malcolm X" and "Inside Man".

And he's not the only one angry by the Gentrification.

I live in Greenpoint which has a population of first generation Polish Immigrants.

And they are pretty furious.

I never really like Spike Lee or his movies.....I know he won't have the gaul to move to my neck of the woods....

His movies are a mixed bag.

I liked "Do the Right Thing", "Malcolm X" and "Inside Man".

And he's not the only one angry by the Gentrification.

I live in Greenpoint which has a population of first generation Polish Immigrants.

And they are pretty furious.

Problem is, unlike your response, Spikey dude doesn't see it as 'gentrification'.

He sees it as 'whitification', which is the racism the thread is pointing out.

His popularity with white libtards is what I would like to point out.

The saddest part of this story is that this man has absolutely destroyed his credibility by spreading hatred and discontent, when instead he could have used his influence to bring people together. He's caused so much damage already that it's unlikely he could turn it around.

Forum List

Back