Spy Balloon

Should the Biden admin have shot down the wayward Chinese spy balloon currently traversing the US?

• Yes, spy balloons should NOT be allowed in US airspace.

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • No. (state your reason)

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Would the reaction to this balloon by the us government be the same if it were 'floating' over Washington d.c. or new yawk city?
Its floating above our nuclear missile silos mapping the locations and our Red China infested pentagon says don't shoot it down....

A satellite in orbit versus a balloon that can be reached by airplanes are 2 very different things.

What would China have done to a US balloon?

What did I say we should do? Spying is spying though. It's quite hypocritical to condemn other countries what we so readily do ourselves.

Several things here...................

First off, the balloon is in unregulated air space, meaning that it could set off an incident if it was shot down.

Second, the F22's service ceiling is 50,000 ft. The balloon is floating at 60,000 ft, meaning it would be very difficult to take it down with an aircraft. The chances of shooting it down are very slim.

And no....................it's not being guided over our most sensitive areas. All a balloon can do is adjust it's altitude to ride whatever winds happen to be at that altitude. It's not "guided" in the traditional sense.

And even if they were floating over our sites, they're not gonna get much information from the photos that they probably don't already have. Most of what you see when you go by them is a fence with a small building, as most of the silo is underground. I know, because I lived in Great Falls MT (where Malmstrom AFB is), and would drive by the silos every now and again while traveling. My cousin is also married to someone in the AF who does work out on them, and when I go home, we talk a bit of shop (I'm retired Navy) and he tells me some of the stuff that he can that isn't classified when we talk.

Now...............if the balloon were equipped with some kind of bomb like the Japanese tried to do in WWII, THEN I'd be a bit concerned, but over a surveillance balloon? Not so much. They won't get much more data than what they can already get with satellites.

Every night when Barack Hussein was the Resident I went to sleep wondering if he would turn the Nuclear codes over to The Muslim Brotherhood while I slept.
I thought that Biden, while always on the wrong side of things, was not a traitor.
I admit he fooled me.

Wow...............you get scared easily, don't you? Really? You were scared that Obama was going to turn the nuclear codes over to the Muslim Brotherhood? Even if he did do that, what would they do with them? How would they get close enough to the gear to use them, and how in the hell would they be able to do anything with them before they were changed?

Close up of Chinese spy balloon.

FoDJ0MbaIAAIzH5

Forum List

Back