Spy vs Informant

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
If you pay someone to hookup with somebody you don't like for the purpose of gaining information you can use against them, that's called spying. If you already know information about that someone and you go to the authorities and spill it, that's an informant. In the latest Washington scandal, we have one Stefan Halper who was hired by and paid pretty well by the FBI to obtain information that could be used against the Trump campaign by his opposition. An opposition which includes the Clinton campaign, the DNC, and the Obama Administration. Seriously, are we to believe that someone lower down in the FBI chain of command authorized and paid big money to a person(s) to spy on the other party's preidential campaign? Halper didn't know jack squat about any Russians, ergo he certainly was not an informant.

Some may say the spying was done to uncover criminality on the part of someone in the Trump campaign if not Trump himself. But to this point we have absolutely NOTHING that indicates any criminality; no evidence of wrongdoing that would or should warrant the FBI to resort to such measures as of July 31, 2016, which is when the FBI counterintelligence probe targeting the Trump campaign began. The FBI is not supposed to be doing this stuff without reasonable evidence to warrant the surveillance and spying. They can't just decide one day to go spy on the Trump campaign cuz we don't like him. It's been over a year, right, and so far they got NOTHING. This wasn't about wrongdoing, this was pure politics. To deny that is to deny reality.

Look - politics is a dirty business, we all know that. It would be nothing new for one side or the other to try to plant a spy inside the other campaign to find usable negative information against them. It's ugly but I doubt it is illegal, unless they resorted to illegal means or subverted somebody's freedom of speech or right to privacy, whatever. BUT - to use a gov't agency such as the FBI to spy on an opposition political campaign for political purposes? That's way over the top, and cannot be condoned.

So, we are left with certain questions that ought to be answered:

What was the legal basis for that surveillance and the authorization for someone to spy on the Trump campaign?
What evidence was there to support the decisions and actions taken?
Who approved it?
When did he/she/they approve it?
In short: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

oh boy.... you really need to inform yourself, with some place other than the propagandist Trump State TV (Fox)....

no one spied for political purpose, no one was planted in the campaign to spy for political purpose, no one got paid millions for the information.....no one from the FBI hurt Trump's political campaign.

The ONLY person the FBI hurt via the FBI Comey and McCabe was Hillary Clinton's campaign.

If you pay someone to hookup with somebody you don't like for the purpose of gaining information you can use against them, that's called spying. If you already know information about that someone and you go to the authorities and spill it, that's an informant. In the latest Washington scandal, we have one Stefan Halper who was hired by and paid pretty well by the FBI to obtain information that could be used against the Trump campaign by his opposition. An opposition which includes the Clinton campaign, the DNC, and the Obama Administration. Seriously, are we to believe that someone lower down in the FBI chain of command authorized and paid big money to a person(s) to spy on the other party's preidential campaign? Halper didn't know jack squat about any Russians, ergo he certainly was not an informant.

Some may say the spying was done to uncover criminality on the part of someone in the Trump campaign if not Trump himself. But to this point we have absolutely NOTHING that indicates any criminality; no evidence of wrongdoing that would or should warrant the FBI to resort to such measures as of July 31, 2016, which is when the FBI counterintelligence probe targeting the Trump campaign began. The FBI is not supposed to be doing this stuff without reasonable evidence to warrant the surveillance and spying. They can't just decide one day to go spy on the Trump campaign cuz we don't like him. It's been over a year, right, and so far they got NOTHING. This wasn't about wrongdoing, this was pure politics. To deny that is to deny reality.

Look - politics is a dirty business, we all know that. It would be nothing new for one side or the other to try to plant a spy inside the other campaign to find usable negative information against them. It's ugly but I doubt it is illegal, unless they resorted to illegal means or subverted somebody's freedom of speech or right to privacy, whatever. BUT - to use a gov't agency such as the FBI to spy on an opposition political campaign for political purposes? That's way over the top, and cannot be condoned.

What was the legal basis for that surveillance and the authorization for someone to spy on the Trump campaign?
Who approved it?

What is your job with FBI?

Only somebody within the FBI could have as much information about what they have and they don’t have as you seem to

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

oh boy.... you really need to inform yourself, with some place other than the propagandist Trump State TV (Fox)....

no one spied for political purpose, no one was planted in the campaign to spy for political purpose, no one got paid millions for the information.....no one from the FBI hurt Trump's political campaign.

The ONLY person the FBI hurt via the FBI Comey and McCabe was Hillary Clinton's campaign.

Hey sheep head to the barn CNN has some sweet feed for you today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is 100% right, and you aren't doing anything to persuade me otherwise. This was a criminal investigation, not political. If it had been political, something would have leaked out or at least the fact that there was an investigation going on would have been leaked, and there was NOTHING. There was absolutely nothing from this so called "spy" that interfered or hurt the campaign in any way. Nada.

She is 100% right, and you aren't doing anything to persuade me otherwise. This was a criminal investigation, not political. If it had been political, something would have leaked out or at least the fact that there was an investigation going on would have been leaked, and there was NOTHING. There was absolutely nothing from this so called "spy" that interfered or hurt the campaign in any way. Nada.

If the FBI wanted to tank the Trump campaign- they could have simply announced prior to the election that the Trump campaign was under investigation for collusion with Russia.

That would have been 100% accurate and it would have been wrong to do so.

But the FBI didn't do that. Really if the FBI wants to destroy a political candidate- it wouldn't be hard for them to do it.

What the Trumpsters don't like is that the FBI had reason to suspect the Trump campaign.

Maybe you should inform yourself with aome place other than MSNBC and the NY Times.

no one spied for political purposes? Yeah, they did. There was never any evidence of criminality from the Trump campaign, and you're kidding yourself if you think there was any other reason for what the FBI did, other than to defeat Trump.

no one was planted in the campaign to spy for political purpose? Please. Tell me what verified information did the FBI have against the Trump campaign? Yeah, NOTHING then and NOTHING now.

no one got paid millions for the information? Didn't say millions, I said he was paid pretty well, which he was.

no one from the FBI hurt Trump's political campaign. True, I didn't say they did. You know why? Cuz he didn't do anything illegal, that's why.

The ONLY person the FBI hurt via the FBI Comey and McCabe was Hillary Clinton's campaign. Maybe if she had not installed and used her own private server for official gov't business, to include the transmission of classified documents in direct and flagrant disregard for gov't policies and regulations, she wouldn't have had a problem with the FBI.

EVERYTHING in this time is politically driven to a greater or lesser degree. A common MO to undermine free nations prior to takeover.

If the FBI wanted to tank the Trump campaign- they could have simply announced prior to the election that the Trump campaign was under investigation for collusion with Russia.

But the FBI didn't do that. Really if the FBI wants to destroy a political candidate- it wouldn't be hard for them to do it.

What the Trumpsters don't like is that the FBI had reason to suspect the Trump campaign.
What bothers me is that way too many people are buying this bullshit, Syriusly. It kinda scares me that something so obviously partisan crap is being pushed even by our elected officials in Congress. This is too much.

EVERYTHING in this time is politically driven to a greater or lesser degree. A common MO to undermine free nations prior to takeover.
You dream of our takeover do you, or your role in shooting the Russkies out the window?

at that time, it was simply a counter intelligence investigation...

they did not know if the Russian operatives were trying to recruit these people in the Trump campaign to act as their agents....

They did their job, by trying to find out.

Instead, we have a president now abusing his power, to help himself..... and making America less safe in the future.

You mean like Comey destroyed Hillary.

I listened carefully to Comey's interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC. Comey is a pompous, self-serving asshole! He needlessly cost Hillary the presidency. He negated the millions of voters who voted for Hillary - 3 million more than Trump. Why didn't he also mention right before the election that Trump had also been under FBI investigation since July 2016? He didn't tell us that fact until March 20, 2017 - after Trump had been president for 2 months. Comey's Daffy Duck stupidity has set America back decades.

March 20, 2017: Comey Confirms FBI Investigation of Trump

Oh yeah? And what reason(s) are those? Surely you're not going to trot out the Steele Dossier are you? That BS that was unverified and paid for by the Clinton Campaign and the DNC? Give me a link that shows what the FBI actually had that was worth a shit.

You dream of our takeover do you, or your role in shooting the Russkies out the window?

Merely noting a common pattern. Kill education, kill history, kill national sovereignty. Bury them in ridicule and laws, and off you go.

What bothers me is that way too many people are buying this bullshit, Syriusly. It kinda scares me that something so obviously partisan crap is being pushed even by our elected officials in Congress. This is too much.
it's a propaganda network....

it worked in the campaign, with Russian bot help.... and the same is happening right now.... Trump says it, then Rightwing media regurgitates it, and Russian bots spread it to ALL right wing media at lightening speed.

Oh yeah? And what reason(s) are those? Surely you're not going to trot out the Steele Dossier are you? That BS that was unverified and paid for by the Clinton Campaign and the DNC? Give me a link that shows what the FBI actually had that was worth a shit.
No. It was this.

By KATHRYN WATSON CBS NEWS December 30, 2017, 3:37 PM
Report: Papadopoulos' comments to Australian diplomat key factor in Russia probe
Last Updated Dec 30, 2017 6:46 PM EST

In May 2016, then-Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos told Australia's top diplomat in Britain at a London bar that Russia had political dirt on rival Hillary Clinton, according to a report published Saturday in The New York Times.

Two months after Papadopoulos' conversation with Alexander Downer, when emails from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) emails emerged online, Australian officials passed the information concerning Papadopoulos to their American counterparts, the Times reports, citing four current and former American and foreign officials with direct knowledge of the Australians' role. It was that information, the Times reports, that was a factor in the beginning of the FBI's investigation of Russian election meddling and any ties to Trump associates.

A former U.S. official with knowledge of the intelligence collected during the campaign told CBS News the information provided by Australia way key to U.S. investigators in realizing Russia might be attempting to interfere significantly in the U.S. presidential election. U.S. intelligence was seeing lots of different intelligence related to Russian meddling in the U.S. election.

Report: Papadopoulos' comments to Australian diplomat key factor in Russia probe

Who approved it?

If you don't want to be labeled an IDIOT, explain this:

WHY would the FBI first warn Trump before "SPYING" on his campaign???
Is that how spying is done?

FBI warned Trump in 2016 Russians would try to infiltrate his campaign

FBI warned Trump in 2016 Russians would try to infiltrate his ...

upload_2018-5-23_16-10-40.jpeg
https://www.nbcnews.com/.../fbi-warned-trump-in-2016-russians-wo...
Dec 18, 2017
NBC News has learned that in the weeks after he secured the Republican nomination, FBI officials warned ...

The FBI warned Trump that Russia would try to infiltrate his campaign ...

You know, there isn't much here. There was a dude that was paid to interview 2 people working in the Trump campaign who were suspected of money laundering. He wasn't embedded in the campaign staff, he simply interviewed 2 of them to see if they were laundering money for the Russians.

That hardly constitutes "spying". If they were truly spying on the Trump campaign as a way to keep him out of office, it would have been a lot more than just 2 people being interviewed.

Forum List

Back