Stand with Rand and lets dump the Patriot Act!

That's nice. Rand filibustered Obama's lawless drone program a few years back too, but he recently turned around and praised a drone strike that killed some Americans even after the administration admitted they didn't know who they were targeting in the strike in the first place. Forgive me if I sit this one out.
Rand has made his position very clear on drones. He doesn't oppose all use of drones, especially overseas where they are an invaluable asset. His view is an educated one.

The House of Representatives (your leaders who are supposedly looking out for your best interests) just passed a sham bill entitled the USAFA (USA Freedom Act) that will extend the Patriot Act.

As we all know, the Patriot Act has authorized the Federal Government to spy on all of us and allow us to be treated as Terrorists without a trial if the they so deem us to be one.

Let's get rid of this worthless piece of crap legislation once and for all and contact our senators and let them know we don't want this. We need more senators to stand up against this worthless piece of legislation. Rand Paul is planning to filibuster reauthorization of the so-called "Patriot" Act.
Amazing how the statist enemies of freedom title these laws with terms like "patriot" and "freedom".

Will you sit it out because you didn't like one of Rand's past decisions or because this particular issue is something you care nothing about? The fact that he is doing one thing right is good enough for me. I want the Patriot Act gone. If Rand is willing to do it, then at least someone is willing and I will back it.
Oh, I'm all for him filibustering the Patriot Act, and would like to see it gone. I'll praise him for that, but I don't trust him on the issue. Or any issue.

That's nice. Rand filibustered Obama's lawless drone program a few years back too, but he recently turned around and praised a drone strike that killed some Americans even after the administration admitted they didn't know who they were targeting in the strike in the first place. Forgive me if I sit this one out.
Rand has made his position very clear on drones. He doesn't oppose all use of drones, especially overseas where they are an invaluable asset. His view is an educated one.
How is it clear to oppose the use of drones to assassinate Americans without due process, and then compliment a drone strike that kills Americans, and Italians, who were being held hostage and after the administration admits they don't know who they were actually trying to target in the strike in the first place? The only thing clear there is that Rand will say whatever he thinks will be popular in the moment.

You, or Rand, have nothing to fear from the patriot act unless you are a terrorist of would-be terrorist.

The govt is not using the PA to listen to you and aunt martha talk about the family reunion.

How is it clear to oppose the use of drones to assassinate Americans without due process, and then compliment a drone strike that kills Americans, and Italians, who were being held hostage and after the administration admits they don't know who they were actually trying to target in the strike in the first place? The only thing clear there is that Rand will say whatever he thinks will be popular in the moment.
Enemy combatants in war theaters aren't entitled to due process, regardless of their nationality. Another Leftist myth destroyed.

You, or Rand, have nothing to fear from the patriot act unless you are a terrorist of would-be terrorist.

The govt is not using the PA to listen to you and aunt martha talk about the family reunion.
Yeah, except we know that's exactly what they're doing. You may have heard of a court recently ruling that their doing so is illegal.

Enemy combatants in war theaters aren't entitled to due process, regardless of their nationality. Another Leftist myth destroyed.
Wait... The captured Americans and Italians were enemy combatants?

Yeah, except we know that's exactly what they're doing. You may have heard of a court recently ruling that their doing so is illegal.

yes, sometimes mistakes are made. the fact remains that the PA may have saved YOUR life.

yes, sometimes mistakes are made. the fact remains that the PA may have saved YOUR life.
"Sometimes mistakes are made." If you or I made that mistake it'd be multiple counts of manslaughter and several years in prison. Interesting that the argument changed from them being enemy combatants to mistakes were made, however. That's a quick turnaround.

It's nice to be able to say things may have happened, but that's utter nonsense.

"Sometimes mistakes are made." If you or I made that mistake it'd be multiple counts of manslaughter and several years in prison. Interesting that the argument changed from them being enemy combatants to mistakes were made, however. That's a quick turnaround.

It's nice to be able to say things may have happened, but that's utter nonsense.

name the govt agency that has never made a mistake

All the more reason not to give them broad sweeping powers with the "patriot" act.

Bear witness that this argument is coming from a "conservative."

Funny to see a republican trying to destroy a republican program. It's like the republicans adding $12 trillion to the national debt, and then preaching Fiscal Responsibility after they destroyed the economy.

Funny to see a republican trying to destroy a republican program. It's like the republicans adding $12 trillion to the national debt, and then preaching Fiscal Responsibility after they destroyed the economy.
Not really. See people are individuals despite their party.

Over the years the PA as been subject to numerous Court rulings invalidating given provisions of the Act, where those provisions were rewritten or amended by Congress to pass Constitutional muster.

The PA isn't about the law, it's about politics, it's about the people's unwillingness to compel Congress to repeal the Act, and it's about unwarranted fear of 'terrorism,' surrendering one's freedom for the illusion of 'security.'

The House of Representatives (your leaders who are supposedly looking out for your best interests) just passed a sham bill entitled the USAFA (USA Freedom Act) that will extend the Patriot Act.

As we all know, the Patriot Act has authorized the Federal Government to spy on all of us and allow us to be treated as Terrorists without a trial if the they so deem us to be one.

Let's get rid of this worthless piece of crap legislation once and for all and contact our senators and let them know we don't want this. We need more senators to stand up against this worthless piece of legislation. Rand Paul is planning to filibuster reauthorization of the so-called "Patriot" Act.
would be nice but I just dont think Rand has honest intentions like his father since he endorced Romney.only way I would want to see Rand get in is if it came down between and the bushs and clintons.

If we don't support somebody beside the Bushes and Clintons, that may be the only non choice we have.

Forum List

Back