Stand with your NFL team or stand with Trump?

Are you going to stand with your NFL team or stand with Trump?

• My NFL team

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Trump

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not surprising that Trump has been engendering animus toward the NFL. One of his failed ventures was the USFL New Jersey Generals. Trump is merely manifesting his long-held grudge over having drove the USFL to failure and, as is typical of Trump, he blames the NFL for it instead of seeing that he, quite simply, "screwed the pooch" himself. (These articles are well worth reading.)
Trump, from the very beginning, wanted to be an NFL owner, so he crafted a plan to create a competitor to the NFL that the NFL would later absorb, thus getting him into the NFL owners club. His plan didn't work and it destroyed the USFL.

I am getting real tired of the Trump show. So a man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no humility, no decency is going to dictate to the rest what Patriotism is? A man who is under investigation for Obstruction of Justice, and colluding with Russia to interfere into an American election is going to dictate to the rest what Patriotism is? A man who wrote in his book that his "personal VietNam" was avoiding sexually transmitted diseases is going to dictate to the rest what Patriotism is?

Trump had no reason to attack the NFL. The NFL & NBA always have handled their own disgruntled players. So instead of talking about Government issues--as he was elected to do--he decided to make a career move into Sports management. He does it all the time. He goes off rail--and goes out on personal attacks of American Citizens, John McCain, Ted Cruz, Women, other politicians, and even Boening Aircraft (whom I am certain hurt their business)--simply because the CEO of that company criticized one of his policies. Now it's the NFL & the NBA.
NFL, Roger Goodell respond to Donald Trump's 'divisive' comments
Golden State Warriors Refuse To Visit White House After Trump Trashes Steph Curry

So Trump stirred the pot and what was one protestor turned into many--whom are simply protesting his disrespect toward them. (not the Flag). In a couple of weeks after everyone has burned their team gear, he'll want more attention and find another victim--another American entity or person or group to attack to keep his supporters in line and their hysteria elevated. This is what a Narcissist does. Government issues are too boring for him.
A neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader

Furthermore, are we to ignore the 1st Amendment of the Constitution that gives everyone the right to protest--anywhere/anytime as long as it's peaceful now? Is this the new Trump country of America? Frankly--I would much prefer that our sports players WANT to stand during the National Anthem rather than being FORCED too. Isn't that really what the flag represents?

I am going to continue to support my team regardless if they're standing or kneeling, because I am a Patriot of this country.

This never belonged on the Football field.

They aren't standing, dumbass. They're kneeling.

This whole approach -- is just failed on basic facts and won't work out for you.

That stadium packed event might LOOK TO YOU like a public event, but it's not. It's a private event. Furthermore, those players on the field are not just invited people, they are EMPLOYEES and that is THEIR WORKPLACE.

Situation is -- that Trump understands this. Understands it's NOT a 1st Amendment issue, like the clueless left has been trying to assert. He never QUESTIONED their 1st Amendment rights, only suggested that their WORKPLACE RULES be enforced. And there's plenty of Rules and Contractuals about how they appear at their workplace.

So PLEASE -- don't appear clueless about how shit works. These millionaire players are certainly free to organize any event that doesn't conflict with their contracts. And maybe they SHOULD. But they should not be doing that when a PRODUCT/SERVICE is being delivered.

Taking a knee is "against the rules" of a workplace? Get the fuck over yourself, and stop sucking corporate cock you muppet.

I'm gonna buy this shirt for you. DONT SUCK CORPORATE COCK T-shirt

You're proving my theory that leftists have NO CONCEPTS of how shit works.

Does the NFL Require Players to Stand for the National Anthem?

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Yes moron. It's a WORKPLACE RULES issue. Not a 1st Amendment issue. Contracts and rules for PRIVATE events and workplaces.

"It's important to note the use of the word "may" here. The NFL is not considering punishing fines on players or teams who choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the national anthem, the spokesperson says."

Yeah -- that's true. So we will see what the NFL does --- won't we? Not a Federal issue. Not a Constitutional issue. The NFL has to figure out how "politically aligned and active" it wants to be.

According to your article they already have. The question is, will they change their mind in the face of the verbal assaults and tweeter onslaughts on their patriotism by Deferment Donnie?

The NFL were huge supporters of Trump during the campaign season-
-and they certainly are looking at him in a different light today. Many have gone on CNN & other stations to blast his comments--stating they didn't appreciate that they're players were called SOB's, etc.
Here are the NFL owners who have donated to Trump

And the NFL response to Trump was this:
NFL, Roger Goodell respond to Donald Trump's 'divisive' comments

But it's important to note that Trump will roll any of his supporters to get the attention he craves. And he'll continue to do it--to keep the hysteria within his group of supporters elevated--and attention drawn onto himself.

"What is it exactly that makes someone a certifiable narcissist and not simply a person who has a healthy amount of confidence and a burning desire to achieve great goals? According to the Mayo Clinic, narcissistic personality disorder is “a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for attention & admiration and a lack of empathy for others.”
A neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader

147318_600.jpg

And yes even his hairdo is to get attention.

Lol. Trump is smoking in OPs poll.

Hardly a surprise, this forum is a right wing cesspool.
And yet the boards are lit up with left wing BS.
Or are there just 5 of you with multiple profiles?
Seems the pages are about evenly divided. Much in line with the nation.

Here is a very good analogy from a Sports Announcer--out of Dallas, who did fight in the VietNam war.

Yeah -- that's true. So we will see what the NFL does --- won't we? Not a Federal issue. Not a Constitutional issue.

The NFL has to figure out how "politically aligned and active" it wants to be.

did you mean to say how POLITICALLY CORRECT ?? :laugh2:

Kneeling isnt disrespectful
(patiently)

The whole reason the players are doing it, is to show disrespect.

Ate you as obtuse as your statement indicates?

They are bringing attention to an ongoing problem that continually gets swept under the rug in a peaceful, open way.
Giving the finger, burning the flag, destruction of property, a comedians display of Trumps bloody head. Those are disrespectful.
This is only disrespectful for those who want it to be.

The NFL needs to stay our of politics, even though equal protection in the criminal justice system is lacking. But Trump typically chose a distraction that while it has no actual impact on society is something most people will disagree with. Kaepernicks a tool, and always has been a tool.

And there's not doubt that game attendance has dropped somewhat, BUT there is not evidence EVERY team is showing a drop. In fact, the more stable franchises are ... stable.

New York Giants average attendance 2008-2016 | Statistic

Denver Broncos home attendance 2006-2016 | Statistic

Dallas Cowboys average attendance 2008-2016 | Statistic

The measure of television viewership from network television and direct tv seas tix is down, and it's been trending down ... at least network television anyway. That trend predates Kaepernicks kaper. But, are less people actually watching? I don't see any measure of that. The nfl or someone may have a way to measure how many have linked onto direct streams. But I don't see it.

I don't think there's any doubt that the take a knee thing has made some people find other stuff to do. But typically Trump issues are tempests in teapots. Will there be a measurable, long term trend? I doubt it. Assuming the players stop being idiots.

(patiently)

They are bringing attention to an ongoing problem that continually gets swept under the rug in a peaceful, open way.
Giving the finger, burning the flag, destruction of property, a comedians display of Trumps bloody head. Those are disrespectful.
Read the quote in my signature. Kaepernick admits he intentionally disrespected the flag and the country.

(patiently)

Very True

How does anyone expect any AMERICAN to respect a man that has never exhibited an ounce of honor, respect, dignity, humility, decency, and the only loyalty he has ever shown anyone was to himself and Vladimir Putin. Trump--who wrote in his book--that his "personal Viet Nam" was avoiding sexually transmitted diseases. Trump who is currently under criminal investigation for Obstruction of Justice, regarding colluding with Russia to interfere into an American election---really is not going to command a lot of RESPECT from many Americans.

In fact, Trump is last person in this country that should be talking about Patiotism, let alone his regard for others lack of it.

Here is a comment from a VIET NAM veteran, who is a sports announcer ouf of Dallas, Texas, and hopefully it reminds people on this board what the flag is really all about.

There is an icon on the video for volumne in case you can't hear it.

The players have every right to take knee
Sure, on their own time.

But at their workplace (the football stadium), where they get paid umpteen million dollars by their boss to present a football game to the fans, if the boss says "No, don't do it here", then they do NOT have a right to take a knee at the stadium while the cameras are rolling, and where what the boss says, goes.

BTW, it's got nothing to do with the Constitution, which only forbids government from abridging their freedom of speech.

How about standing with Americans?

How about revering all the military men and women that fought to make us free?

Is it cool to deny their sacrifices?

IMO, no.

I expect the NFL to take a Yuge hit from this.

They can go jump in a lake as far as I'm concerned.

Congratulations, dummies, you screwed up something that was good for almost 100 years.

What's the next target?

Last edited:
Notice no outrage from the right about the Wall Street criminals that crashed the economy in 2008 and only had to take a knee because the gold from their severance was so heavy on their backs. Cons don't realize how easily they are manipulated because it requires knowledge to understand you can't see the entire forest if you are standing in the middle of it.

My team has shouted "... and the home of the Chiefs!" at the end of the National Anthem for as long as I can remember, so I'm thinking that our partisans don't have much of a leg to stand on (no pun intended) in this kneeling kerfluffle.

In any event, I'm not standing for or with Trump. He's merely the latest in a long line of petty tyrants to occupy the White House.

Trump drives yet another wedge issue.
No, the players who refuse to stand for the National Anthem are driving the issue.

Trump just pointed it out.

Naturally, the liberal fanatics get it 180 degrees backward (as usual). And they wonder why nobody listens to them any more.
Shit. Trump and the repugs are using this as a fundraising scam. They'll keep it front and center as long as it gets them $$$.

(patiently)

Very True

How does anyone expect any AMERICAN to respect a man that has never exhibited an ounce of honor, respect, dignity, humility, decency, and the only loyalty he has ever shown anyone was to himself and Vladimir Putin. Trump--who wrote in his book--that his "personal Viet Nam" was avoiding sexually transmitted diseases. Trump who is currently under criminal investigation for Obstruction of Justice, regarding colluding with Russia to interfere into an American election---really is not going to command a lot of RESPECT from many Americans.

In fact, Trump is last person in this country that should be talking about Patiotism, let alone his regard for others lack of it.

Here is a comment from a VIET NAM veteran, who is a sports announcer ouf of Dallas, Texas, and hopefully it reminds people on this board what the flag is really all about.

There is an icon on the video for volumne in case you can't hear it.

... and yet you have full respect and admiration for B.J. Bill and Hillary... interesting

images (57).jpg

I stand with those who stand against them kneeling during the anthem.

Trump is one of those who stood against them.

Voted Trump in your poll.

Forum List

Back