Stanley Cup Finals …

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Edmonton Oilers vs Florida Panther..

I’m pretty sure the Panthers are considered the favorite to win it all but if both teams remain fairly healthy I’m giving the edge to the Oilers, just because.. (in other words no reason, I just want Canada 🍁 to win a Stanley Cup for a change.)

(Montreal ..1993)

Last edited:

I’m pretty sure the Panthers are considered the favorite to win it all but if both teams remain fairly healthy I’m giving the edge to the Oilers, just because.. (in other words no reason, I just want Canada 🍁 to win a Stanley Cup for a change.)
They should stick to curling.

🤪

Living just across the Niagara from Queenston, Ontario for 3 years in the mid-1960s, and have rooted for the Maple Leafs since then. My 2nd favorite team became the Bruins once Bobby Orr was called up and he lived up to the billing upon his arrival. After those 2 teams when it comes to the Stanley Cup finals, I go for the other 4 teams that were in the league back during those years: Chicago, Detroit, Rangers, and even the Canadiens.

I don't care for any Florida teams in any sport, professional or college. Especially never could stand the Seminoles stupid tomahawk chop. I'm pulling for the Oilers.

Living just across the Niagara from Queenston, Ontario for 3 years in the mid-1960s, and have rooted for the Maple Leafs since then. My 2nd favorite team became the Bruins once Bobby Orr was called up and he lived up to the billing upon his arrival. After those 2 teams when it comes to the Stanley Cup finals, I go for the other 4 teams that were in the league back during those years: Chicago, Detroit, Rangers, and even the Canadiens.

I don't care for any Florida teams in any sport, professional or college. Especially never could stand the Seminoles stupid tomahawk chop. I'm pulling for the Oilers.
The young years started off in London, Ontario with plenty of trips to Kingston, Ontario.. of course a Leaf’s fan.
Then a Kings fan in Southern California, then a Sharks fan in the silicon valley, now a Vegas fan living in Oregon.
My wife picked Dallas and I’m going for the Oilers, just because.

Roll Panthers. Nothing like going the freezer in Florida, getting a Klondike Bar, and watching ice hockey.

Btw, what ever happened to Montreal? Seems they were once the Yankees of the league.

Last edited:
Roll Panthers. Nothing like going the freezer in Florida, getting a Klondike Bar, and watching ice hockey.

Btw, what ever happened to Montreal? Seems they were once the Yankees of the league.
Montreal.. a lot has changed since the original 6 teams.

Edmonton has a lot of offensive firepower with Hyman, Drisaital and the best player on both teams, McDavid, but the Panthers are bruisers, and they play hard defense, so it comes down to defense versus offense in this one. Barkov needs to have a big series for the Panthers, but more importantly, Bobrovsky is going to have to have a great series in goal against that Oilers scoring..

At that 3:30 mark left in the game last night, I really had hope. Oilers laying it on, Panther's goalie playing without a stick. Oh well, perhaps next year.

Go Leafs.
Rest in peace to our Arizona Coyotes.

(Montreal ..1993)
So anti American.

It was great. I didn't watch one full game this year. Not even 1 full period. Then, last night, I realized it was 2 to 1 in the 3rd. Game 7. Are you kidding me? It's like stumbling on a heavyweight championship fight in the 12th round. The only thing is, Canada didn't tie it up. Florida kept their 2 to 1 lead. Boring. No fucking way I could ever watch a regular season game.

We went once to a Red Wing game this year or last year. I forgot. They are coming close to making the playoffs again. Maybe I'll care more when they do.

But that was boring. 3rd period started 2 to 1 and ended that way. Basketball is way better.

So anti American.

It was great. I didn't watch one full game this year. Not even 1 full period. Then, last night, I realized it was 2 to 1 in the 3rd. Game 7. Are you kidding me? It's like stumbling on a heavyweight championship fight in the 12th round. The only thing is, Canada didn't tie it up. Florida kept their 2 to 1 lead. Boring. No fucking way I could ever watch a regular season game.

We went once to a Red Wing game this year or last year. I forgot. They are coming close to making the playoffs again. Maybe I'll care more when they do.

But that was boring. 3rd period started 2 to 1 and ended that way. Basketball is way better.
Nope .. just sympathetic for old time Canadians..

It was somewhat boring, not to many mistakes on either side..

Nope .. just sympathetic for old time Canadians..

It was somewhat boring, not to many mistakes on either side..
1719452486022.jpeg

Forum List

Back