🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Star Wars: Rogue One, trailer released today...is there anyone with an original idea today?

I like this guys take on it....

The Death Star is a stupid idea. Please stop making movies about it.

And though planet-crushing weaponry may terrify governments, it won’t work with the zealots of the Rebel Alliance. Princess Leia allowed General Tarkin to annihilate her home planet of Alderaan — billions of people lost — to protect a couple of robots in possession of Death Star blueprints. She could have made a copy and thrown it in the mail.

That last point is interesting......Star Wars came out before the internet.......but imagine now......she could have simply sent it into whatever they have in that universe and then the whole rest of the movie would be pointless....

And though planet-crushing weaponry may terrify governments, it won’t work with the zealots of the Rebel Alliance. Princess Leia allowed General Tarkin to annihilate her home planet of Alderaan — billions of people lost — to protect a couple of robots in possession of Death Star blueprints. She could have made a copy and thrown it in the mail.

That last point is interesting......Star Wars came out before the internet.......but imagine now......she could have simply sent it into whatever they have in that universe and then the whole rest of the movie would be pointless....

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised. The films are set into a continuity. That means they're going to have elements from an expanded universe. The Death Star is the spoke around which the middle three films spin. This seems much more a crime caper/political thriller than it does a 'destroy the big shooty death sphere' sort of film like 4 and 7.

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised. The films are set into a continuity. That means they're going to have elements from an expanded universe. The Death Star is the spoke around which the middle three films spin. This seems much more a crime caper/political thriller than it does a 'destroy the big shooty death sphere' sort of film like 4 and 7.

I understand the Idea...and it could work........but the quality of writers these days.....not expecting too much. If it were me.... I woudn't set it on the death star........I would have created a new location....the Imperial power seat.....have them go there...and then have Vader chasing them across the universe....or have a new character working for Vader........

It does give them a reason to bring Vader Back...will they?

I understand the Idea...and it could work........but the quality of writers these days.....not expecting too much. If it were me.... I woudn't set it on the death star........I would have created a new location....the Imperial power seat.....have them go there...and then have Vader chasing them across the universe....or have a new character working for Vader........

Oh, you're preaching to the choir on rehashing the same predigested drivel. But Marvel/Disney has a pretty good track record of adapting pre-existing material for some rather excellent movies. I strongly suspect they are going to apply the same formula to the Starwars films.

And I can understand your concerns, especially after the last film. It was gloriously derivative. But the last film was never meant to be an original story. It was meant to be a bridge *to* original stories. And Rogue One will be the first.

In my opinion, its the test.

Oh, you're preaching to the choir on rehashing the same predigested drivel. But Marvel/Disney has a pretty good track record of adapting pre-existing material for some rather excellent movies. I strongly suspect they are going to apply the same formula to the Starwars films.

And I can understand your concerns, especially after the last film. It was gloriously derivative. But the last film was never meant to be an original story. It was meant to be a bridge *to* original stories. And Rogue One will be the first.

You mean like the original Iron Man for the Marvel stories.......

It is just a shame that no one seems to be able to write completely new material.........

You mean like the original Iron Man for the Marvel stories.......

It is just a shame that no one seems to be able to write completely new material.........

Or Guardians of the Galaxy, which was a hell of a lot of fun. Or Captain America: Winter Soldier, which was excellent. Or Ant Man...which was hysterical. The worst Phase One or Phase Two Marvel movies are still pretty good films. The best are downright excellent.

And they have far less iconic source material to draw on than Starwars.

I'm pretty optimistic that Disney will continue its track record. As they demonstrated in 7, they get the source material.

Who needs a story, script and character development when you have a moronic audience who is satisfied with video game explosions on a big screen?

They really have to show they're with the times with a scene of the rebel men and rebel women peeing in the same urinals.

When they said the EU was no longer canon, it was disappointing. But from what I read behind the scenes they are consulting it for future Star Wars movies.

It's easy to see in the relationship between Kylo Ren and Han Solo.

As for female lead characters, Star Trek Voyager has Captain Janeway, a female lead. So don't complain.

Looks fucking awesome to me:

2aguy are you just mad because this one has a girl in it too?

And impressive to me......... Maybe 2aguy didn't notice the little girl has a cc permit to carry GUN in her waist to protect herself.

Last edited:
All I ask of Star Wars movies is to be substantially better than the vomitously acted, vomitously written, horribly done embarrassments that the Razzie-bait prequel trilogy was. That prequel trilogy is the most cinematic abomination I've ever seen so anything that "repairs" the Star Wars franchise is okay in my book.

Forum List

Back