Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America

Unless you can tell me why blacks and women somehow need these special considerations? Because I tend to think they're 100% just as capable as anyone else...and they dont need to be treated like they need some head start.

If you're equal...be fucking equal. Put on your big boy pants and let your qualifications ALONE speak for you....or explain to me why you cant compete equally with white males?

This is white boy thinking. This is like the Lion to telling the Porcupine to put down his quills to make it fair. LOL.

Whites are a majority...majorities have an advantage period.

Ha see I knew it. The race card is all you have.

Majorities dont have the advantage or disadvantage in 2015...because race doesnt matter!!

So you're saying blacks simply cant compete on equal footing with whites? Why?
I think its whites that cant compete. Thats why they needed all those years of slavery and Jim Crow to get ahead. We are just asking for the same amount of time of with legislated "help".

You really are vile. Most "whites" didn't have slaves. My Norwegian ancestors who moved to North Dakota in the 1880s certainly didn't benefit from slavery.

As for slavey, it exists in present day Africa. Perhaps your energy would be better directed towards liberating Real Slaves Today than blaming people who had nothing to do with slavery for your own personal problems.

Asswipe.

Ah...theres that side of you I always liked.

Unless you can tell me why blacks and women somehow need these special considerations? Because I tend to think they're 100% just as capable as anyone else...and they dont need to be treated like they need some head start.

If you're equal...be fucking equal. Put on your big boy pants and let your qualifications ALONE speak for you....or explain to me why you cant compete equally with white males?

This is white boy thinking. This is like the Lion to telling the Porcupine to put down his quills to make it fair. LOL.

Majorities dont have the advantage or disadvantage in 2015...because race doesnt matter!!

I think its whites that cant compete. Thats why they needed all those years of slavery and Jim Crow to get ahead. We are just asking for the same amount of time of with legislated "help".

Haha....now thats funny. Now you want whites to experience an equal hardship like slavery to even the playing field and you want government to do that?

Yeah. Absurd thinking like that is why we dont talk to you.

Its also why most of the suburban hard working black folks ive been around dont either. Somehow they got through whiteys trap and succeeded in America.

Their secret? Stay in school and out of jail. Keep a job and work their way up. Dont pop out babies they cant afford. Dont splurge on shit they cant afford and dont need....and wait until their career pays enough for them to do it.

Pretty racist stuff huh?
Who told you I want you to experience slavery? You didnt enslave me or my ancestors. I'm asking you why did whites need slavery and Jim Crow to get ahead at the expense of Blacks and now whine about partial AA for Blacks?

Oh God...Asclepias is about to regale us all with another of his posts about what a "bad ass" he is...how white men fear him and white women desire him!

All this from someone named Milkweed...

Gotta love the internet!

You really are vile. Most "whites" didn't have slaves. My Norwegian ancestors who moved to North Dakota in the 1880s certainly didn't benefit from slavery.

As for slavey, it exists in present day Africa. Perhaps your energy would be better directed towards liberating Real Slaves Today than blaming people who had nothing to do with slavery for your own personal problems.

Asswipe.
All whites in the US benefit or have benefited from slavery and Jim Crow. Some more than others. To think otherwise is a fools errand.

Back then..of course he was. We needed it back then. Not now.
You just said "MLKs philosophy would not support affirmative action.". How far are you going to back pedal on this one?

If MLK was asked that in 2015 would he like for employers and schools to still use a race based bias to determine who they accept? I bet he'd say...he hopes that practice would've ended by then.
If a cow had nuts it would be a bull.

You probably lose a lot of bets. The point was you claimed MLK was not supportive of the concept of AA. He was despite your warped perception of what he was about.

MLK was for voting rights and their rights to use the same public facilities as everybody else not for AA. That was Jessie Jackson's, after MLK was murdered.
You must have missed my earlier post. I would suggest you read the mans words as spoken from his own mouth.

The term "affirmative action" did not come into currency until after King's death and it was Jackson who initiated it along with the NAACP.

MLK's "Operation Breadbasket" was different than AA.
http://mlk-kpp01.stanford.edu/index.php/encyclopedia/encyclopedia/enc_operation_breadbasket/
His way worked.
AA does the oppistie where it is forced.

Oh God...Asclepias is about to regale us all with another of his posts about what a "bad ass" he is...how white men fear him and white women desire him!

All this from someone named Milkweed...

Gotta love the internet!

Black men only think white women want them and usually the white women they end up with no self respecting man would want anyway

So back to the topic...,good idea or bad? Tensions being what they currently are even an innocent well meant comment could lead to violence.
Its a good idea if people want to talk. If not they can just simply decline.
And how are employees to discern that.......
Body language. All discussions should start off with a question not a statement.
I think they're asking to get sued by either an offended customer or injured employee.
On what grounds would a offended customer sue? An employee doesnt have to have a discussion. Its up to them.

Asswipe.
All whites in the US benefit or have benefited from slavery and Jim Crow. Some more than others. To think otherwise is a fools errand.

If all whites today benefit from slavery, then so do all people from all races in the U.S., bub.

Haha....now thats funny. Now you want whites to experience an equal hardship like slavery to even the playing field and you want government to do that?

Its also why most of the suburban hard working black folks ive been around dont either. Somehow they got through whiteys trap and succeeded in America.

Their secret? Stay in school and out of jail. Keep a job and work their way up. Dont pop out babies they cant afford. Dont splurge on shit they cant afford and dont need....and wait until their career pays enough for them to do it.

Pretty racist stuff huh?
Who told you I want you to experience slavery? You didnt enslave me or my ancestors. I'm asking you why did whites need slavery and Jim Crow to get ahead at the expense of Blacks and now whine about partial AA for Blacks?

:rofl:

Great point...they spent the better part of 400 years keeping the black people down. Then 50 years go by and they ask why havent blacks caught up when they only had a 400 year head start. I mean, blacks are fast runners and all but damn....lol

Wait...in a discussion about race, I cant bring up race? What kinda rules are these?

Because the playing field isnt level in the first place...remember? Majorities?

You're making my point. ALL you do is play the race card. Now...simply saying since whites are a majority that makes it racist.

So are blacks in Africa oppressing whites in Africa since blacks have a majority? Do African nations need affirmative action to ensure more whites get positions of influence there? Blacks are the majority. So....shouldnt the legislate some ways for whites to gain more power and influence in Africa?

Pretty racist stuff huh?

Great point...they spent the better part of 400 years keeping the black people down. Then 50 years go by and they ask why havent blacks caught up when they only had a 400 year head start. I mean, blacks are fast runners and all but damn....lol

So in 350 years you'll stop whining?

You just said "MLKs philosophy would not support affirmative action.". How far are you going to back pedal on this one?

If MLK was asked that in 2015 would he like for employers and schools to still use a race based bias to determine who they accept? I bet he'd say...he hopes that practice would've ended by then.
If a cow had nuts it would be a bull.

You probably lose a lot of bets. The point was you claimed MLK was not supportive of the concept of AA. He was despite your warped perception of what he was about.

MLK was for voting rights and their rights to use the same public facilities as everybody else not for AA. That was Jessie Jackson's, after MLK was murdered.
You must have missed my earlier post. I would suggest you read the mans words as spoken from his own mouth.

The term "affirmative action" did not come into currency until after King's death and it was Jackson who initiated it along with the NAACP.

MLK's "Operation Breadbasket" was different than AA.
Operation Breadbasket 1962-1972
His way worked.
AA does the oppistie where it is forced.
Youre evading the point I was making. Let me help you out.

"Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree; but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic."-MLK

Wait...in a discussion about race, I cant bring up race? What kinda rules are these?

You're making my point. ALL you do is play the race card. Now...simply saying since whites are a majority that makes it racist.

Not true I also play piano. Listen slowly....Whites have an advantage because they are the majority. Do you disagree with that statement? (of course you do because now you have to go full out silly)

So are blacks in Africa oppressing whites in Africa since blacks have a majority? Do African nations need affirmative action to ensure more whites get positions of influence there? Blacks are the majority. So....shouldnt the legislate some ways for whites to gain more power and influence in Africa?

I dont know whats going on in Africa between whites and blacks.

Asswipe.

If all whites today benefit from slavery, then so do all people from all races in the U.S., bub.
Not Black people. They were the ones enslaved without compensation. Since whites own most of the resources then whites benefited the most. I guess you have a hard time with the concepts of legacy and fortune.

Pretty racist stuff huh?

So in 350 years you'll stop whining?

No, We'll do like the Jews at Passover and talk about slavery for 4000 years

Blacks in Africa did not enslave whites then use them to make them an economic power. Stay focused on the US instead of deflecting.

Asswipe.

Not Black people. They were the ones enslaved without compensation. Since whites own most of the resources then whites benefited the most. I guess you have a hard time with the concepts of legacy and fortune.

What about black people who own stuff? There are plenty of rich black people in the U.S.

I'll also note that most white people didn't inherit their wealth (if they have any). They worked for it.

Forum List

Back