Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America

So this guy goes into a Starbucks and orders a triple latte with sprinkles and the muppet behind the counter delivers the latte along with a sermon.

The guy puts a penny in the collection plate (tip jar) and walks away leaving the latte behind.

Is there anything wrong with that picture?

So this guy goes into a Starbucks and orders a triple latte with sprinkles and the muppet behind the counter delivers the latte along with a sermon.

The guy puts a penny in the collection plate (tip jar) and walks away leaving the latte behind.

Nope. Sounds like the right thing to me.

Ha see I knew it. The race card is all you have.

Majorities dont have the advantage or disadvantage in 2015...because race doesnt matter!!

So you're saying blacks simply cant compete on equal footing with whites? Why?

Wait...in a discussion about race, I cant bring up race? What kinda rules are these?

Because the playing field isnt level in the first place...remember? Majorities?

You're making my point. ALL you do is play the race card. Now...simply saying since whites are a majority that makes it racist.

So are blacks in Africa oppressing whites in Africa since blacks have a majority? Do African nations need affirmative action to ensure more whites get positions of influence there? Blacks are the majority. So....shouldnt the legislate some ways for whites to gain more power and influence in Africa?
Blacks in Africa did not enslave whites then use them to make them an economic power. Stay focused on the US instead of deflecting.

OH...so philosophical logic has borders? If..as your like minded buddy says...a simple racial majority means racial oppression. ..then logic would mean white folks in Africa need legislation to help them gain more power and influence in Africa?

What about American Jews? Shoud they get the same AA benefits and biased consideration? They were merely slaughtered throughout history...and kicked off of a few continents for the past 3, 000 years. And you bitch about a 400 year head start haha?
I just proved your logic was broken. No African nations enslaved whites and made themselves an economic power. Stay focused on apples.

What about the Jews? They got Israel and consistent help from the US government. Thats more than enough AA. BTW when did they lose their history and way of life due to the actions of the US?

And there were whites who marched with blacks in the Civil Rights marches. There were whites at all three of the Selma marches. My father was there. My mother was in the third march. To assume, by the color of my skin, that I need lessons in racism from some teenager writing catchy slogans on a coffee cup served to suburbanites and trendy urban types is beyond audacity.

But how do you leave when its "being forced upon you"? Poor child

You must have missed my earlier post. I would suggest you read the mans words as spoken from his own mouth.

The term "affirmative action" did not come into currency until after King's death and it was Jackson who initiated it along with the NAACP.

MLK's "Operation Breadbasket" was different than AA.
Operation Breadbasket 1962-1972
His way worked.
AA does the oppistie where it is forced.
Youre evading the point I was making. Let me help you out.

"Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree; but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic."-MLK

In the 50s and 60s thats true.

Today? WHAT...in particular. ..is holding any 12 year old black kid from achieving ANY dream in America? HIS future decisions could land him in the White House or leading the US Army or being CEO of Apple or living in a nice suburb with a wifeand kids and a dog and a nice job and peaceful life. OR...he could be dead or in jail.

HIS decisions determine all of that and all of us white devils cant stop him.

Right?
Your decisions come from your philosophy. Your philosophy comes from your reality or environment. If your environment is one without hope of opportunity chances are high that you wont make the right decisions. Since the reality has not changed that white racism is a problem what makes you think the results are going to change?

YES!!!! That 12 year old black kids future choices will very much be influenced by his surroundings and cultural upbringing.

THE BLACK COMMUNITY needs to change. Stop blaming whitey. Stop telling your future generation how hopeless it is being black and how everyone is trying to oppress them.

Because if you havent noticed...the 12 year old black kids from the last 20-25 years who ignored all that nonsense SOME in their community spew...have gone on to thrive in America.

YOUR philosophy is what holds back the next generation because you brainwash them into believing that shit.

It really isnt much different than Muslims in the ME who convince their kids how evil America is and their kids become terrorists. Well...no shit...you taught them that.

STOP corrupting the minds of young black kids with that victimhood mindset and they'll thrive.
I disagree. My view put me where I am at today al in one generation. Its also put my children on the path to exceed my gains. I will continue teaching children my view regardless of what whites do. Thats the only way they will get ahead is by knowing the truth. Once they have the understanding that whites cant stop them no matter how hard they attempt to, as long as you dont quit you can beat them at their own game. Sorry if you dont like that but you didnt really expect me to take the advice of someone that cant even properly articulate MLK's dream did you?

Starbucks wants a national dialogue about race relations and the Conservatives hit the roof! Why? What are they afraid of? If their stance on race relations is a healthy one, one that accepts all races as equal, they should have absolutely no problem exchanging a few words with a barista. But if the Conservative is also a racist (no real stretch of the imagination there), I can understand why they are so upset with a coffee shop.

I wonder what the folks working at Hobby Lobby or Chic-fil0a are thinking today?

Ha see I knew it. The race card is all you have.

Majorities dont have the advantage or disadvantage in 2015...because race doesnt matter!!

So you're saying blacks simply cant compete on equal footing with whites? Why?

Wait...in a discussion about race, I cant bring up race? What kinda rules are these?

You're making my point. ALL you do is play the race card. Now...simply saying since whites are a majority that makes it racist.

So are blacks in Africa oppressing whites in Africa since blacks have a majority? Do African nations need affirmative action to ensure more whites get positions of influence there? Blacks are the majority. So....shouldnt the legislate some ways for whites to gain more power and influence in Africa?
Blacks in Africa did not enslave whites then use them to make them an economic power. Stay focused on the US instead of deflecting.

OH...so philosophical logic has borders? If..as your like minded buddy says...a simple racial majority means racial oppression. ..then logic would mean white folks in Africa need legislation to help them gain more power and influence in Africa?

What about American Jews? Shoud they get the same AA benefits and biased consideration? They were merely slaughtered throughout history...and kicked off of a few continents for the past 3, 000 years. And you bitch about a 400 year head start haha?
I just proved your logic was broken. No African nations enslaved whites and made themselves an economic power. Stay focused on apples.

What about the Jews? They got Israel and consistent help from the US government. Thats more than enough AA. BTW when did they lose their history and way of life due to the actions of the US?

You're right African nations didnt enslave whites. They enslaved BLACKS...and to this day still do. Why do blacks still enslave people?

No...the Jews had their culture and way of life destroyed by the Arab world and by the Nazis and the Asians and...well...3000 years of oppression basically.

And America fought a war to free the Jews.

OH WAIT...we fought a war to free blacks also.

Yay America!!

Well, I guess we have to write a check.

Hey, white liberals, how much will assuage your guilt so we can all get on with our lives?

Race relations talk is interfering with your life now? Do you need medical assistance?
No, just give a number, enough bitching.

I was worried you couldnt continue living.
I'm great, but I appreciate your concern.

So how much? What's the number?

Also, will just whites be paying up? How about Hispanics, I'm half, do I get a discount? Asians?

I assume Muslims get a discount and Christians have to pay more?

Lay it out for us so we figure this out, all the whining from the PC Police is old.

Did you notice that so far in a thread about race relations white people say they are tired, cant live, forced to listen etc etc.

No one is forcing you guys to do anything. God its like you're being tortured by blacks wanting equality and stuff. How aggravating for you

No...you have equality. What cant you do?

The Jews get an entire land and 3 billion a year from the US and blacks got Affirmative Action thats being used up by white girls. So yeah, equal and shit

Cool boycott Starbucks then cons. Add it to the list of hundreds of companies that support things you'll never understand.

In fact better yet, just stay home all day. Less risk of accidentally supporting some cause us lesser people support.

You don't support better race relations...if you did you'd stop fostering unemployment, welfare, abortions, and drugs in the projects. You don't want an end to that...you want more of that to keep them voting for your racist pol hacks. Knock off the phony concern....you've got blacks right where you want them.

You're right African nations didnt enslave whites. They enslaved BLACKS...and to this day still do. Why do blacks still enslave people?

No...the Jews had their culture and way of life destroyed by the Arab world and by the Nazis and the Asians and...well...3000 years of oppression basically.

And America fought a war to free the Jews.

OH WAIT...we fought a war to free blacks also.

Yay America!!
You must feel like your losing again. You typically deflect when you cant offer a valid view on the topic.

The term "affirmative action" did not come into currency until after King's death and it was Jackson who initiated it along with the NAACP.

MLK's "Operation Breadbasket" was different than AA.
Operation Breadbasket 1962-1972
His way worked.
AA does the oppistie where it is forced.
Youre evading the point I was making. Let me help you out.

"Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree; but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic."-MLK

In the 50s and 60s thats true.

Today? WHAT...in particular. ..is holding any 12 year old black kid from achieving ANY dream in America? HIS future decisions could land him in the White House or leading the US Army or being CEO of Apple or living in a nice suburb with a wifeand kids and a dog and a nice job and peaceful life. OR...he could be dead or in jail.

HIS decisions determine all of that and all of us white devils cant stop him.

Right?
Your decisions come from your philosophy. Your philosophy comes from your reality or environment. If your environment is one without hope of opportunity chances are high that you wont make the right decisions. Since the reality has not changed that white racism is a problem what makes you think the results are going to change?

YES!!!! That 12 year old black kids future choices will very much be influenced by his surroundings and cultural upbringing.

THE BLACK COMMUNITY needs to change. Stop blaming whitey. Stop telling your future generation how hopeless it is being black and how everyone is trying to oppress them.

Because if you havent noticed...the 12 year old black kids from the last 20-25 years who ignored all that nonsense SOME in their community spew...have gone on to thrive in America.

YOUR philosophy is what holds back the next generation because you brainwash them into believing that shit.

It really isnt much different than Muslims in the ME who convince their kids how evil America is and their kids become terrorists. Well...no shit...you taught them that.

STOP corrupting the minds of young black kids with that victimhood mindset and they'll thrive.
I disagree. My view put me where I am at today al in one generation. Its also put my children on the path to exceed my gains. I will continue teaching children my view regardless of what whites do. Thats the only way they will get ahead is by knowing the truth. Once they have the understanding that whites cant stop them no matter how hard they attempt to, as long as you dont quit you can beat them at their own game. Sorry if you dont like that but you didnt really expect me to take the advice of someone that cant even properly articulate MLK's dream did you?

So you're raising your kids to see whites as the opponent who is trying to oppress them? What a great father.

you know so little of our culture that I am afraid you will just never get it. The More it's forced, the harder it will be resisted
You cant resist much longer. Its coming regardless of you being willfully ignorant. Its not that I dont understand your culture. I do. It more like you cant stop us.

Can't stop "you" from doing what exactly?

:lol:
Forcing the issue. This isnt the 50's.

What issue? Damn. It's like pulling teeth with you.

We know what year it is, thanks all the same.

Well, I guess we have to write a check.

Hey, white liberals, how much will assuage your guilt so we can all get on with our lives?

Race relations talk is interfering with your life now? Do you need medical assistance?
No, just give a number, enough bitching.

I was worried you couldnt continue living.
I'm great, but I appreciate your concern.

So how much? What's the number?

Also, will just whites be paying up? How about Hispanics, I'm half, do I get a discount? Asians?

I assume Muslims get a discount and Christians have to pay more?

Lay it out for us so we figure this out, all the whining from the PC Police is old.

You're being silly, I dont make policy I'm just some guy on the internet

But how do you leave when its "being forced upon you"? Poor child

How would I leave Starbucks? By walking out of the door.

That of course, assumes I would enter a Starbucks in the first place, which is purely hypothetical in my case. I can't stand their coffee; and their race-baiting hectoring only adds to my conviction to avoid them at all costs.

And there were whites who marched with blacks in the Civil Rights marches. There were whites at all three of the Selma marches. My father was there. My mother was in the third march. To assume, by the color of my skin, that I need lessons in racism from some teenager writing catchy slogans on a coffee cup served to suburbanites and trendy urban types is beyond audacity.
Who said you were getting racism lessons? What did that have to do with my post you responded to?

Forum List

Back