Starbucks implements gun-free zones in stores - and gets robbed at gunpoint

Gun free zones DO NOT MEAN SQUAT to this particular concealed weapon permit carrier. I carry 24/7 - unless I am flying. Even then, I believe law-abiding CWP holders like me should be permitted to carry. Should some towel-head fucking Libberhoid jihadist "announce" he's hijacking the plane mid-flight, I should have every right, and the ability/arms necessary, to blow his stupid fucking brains out.

Thanks.

You mean you can't kill the fucking terrorist hijacking your plane with your bare hands?

What a fucking puss.

You mean you can't spit in his eye and murder him by whispering his name? What a puss.

:lol:

Looks like Starbucks is finding out the hard way: When you ban people who obey laws and rule, from carrying guns in your stores, people who DON'T obey laws and rules come in with guns.

But the leftists will continue to insist, their laws will work if only we have enough of them. WHen they fail, that's simply a sign we need more.

-----------------------------------------

Blog: How's that gun-free zone working out for Starbucks?

How's that gun-free zone working out for Starbucks?

by Thomas Lifson
December 19, 2013

Three months ago, Starbucks' CEO Howard Schultz proudly announced a gun-free zone policy for his company's stores.

So, how's it working out? KKTV TV in Colorado Springs reports:

Police are searching for a man who held up at Colorado Springs Starbucks Sunday morning.

Employees told officers that after the suspect walled in, he pulled out a gun and demanded money from the register. He left after employees gave him money. No one was injured.

The suspect is described as a black man in his early-to-mid 20s, slim and about 6 feet tall to 6-foot-2. He was dressed in all black. Police say he may have left the area in a black Subaru-style vehicle.

----------------------------------------

Your assumption is that if one of the staff or customers had been armed, they would have been able to stop the robbery. That simply is not an absolute result. A staff member or customer being armed may have had no effect, or it may have had the effect of an innocent person getting hurt or killed. Also, it is a simple robbery for a few hundred dollars. What you people want is for the robber to get the death penalty for that. You want him to die, to be shot down for a robbery. In the vast majority of such robberies, as in this one, no one is injured or killed, yet the pro-gun people always want the robber to die, to essentially get the death penalty. Having guns around causes more death and injury, not less.

True.

This of course compounds the idiocy of the OP’s premise, the notion that an armed customer would have somehow ‘prevented’ a robbery.

May I suggest that you put a "Gun Free Zone" sign in your front yard and wait for the results. You might get a surprise sooner than you think.

Gun free zones DO NOT MEAN SQUAT to this particular concealed weapon permit carrier. I carry 24/7 - unless I am flying. Even then, I believe law-abiding CWP holders like me should be permitted to carry. Should some towel-head fucking Libberhoid jihadist "announce" he's hijacking the plane mid-flight, I should have every right, and the ability/arms necessary, to blow his stupid fucking brains out.

Thanks.

You mean you can't kill the fucking terrorist hijacking your plane with your bare hands?

What a fucking puss.

HA! You'd scream like a little school girl and piss your pants.

Thanks.

What a fucking puss.

HA! You'd scream like a little school girl and piss your pants.

Yeah, but what you don't realize is that my scream would shatter his eardrums and my piss would melt his skin. You can't do that? What a puss.

actually quite a few of my friends and me included stop going to Starbucks after it was declared a gun free zone.
not because I want to punish the owners, they have the right to have their own rules, but because Starbucks just declared that it is not safe anymore.
I don't want to risk and go to the stupid gun-free zone which is a sole unifying factor for any mass shooting spree in the US.

I stopped going to Starbucks after my first visit, which ended with me paying way too much for a cup of absolutely horrible coffee.

This guy tells it how he sees it....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DyG60KT-MY]The Kid From Brooklyn - Starbucks Stick it up Your @$$ - YouTube[/ame]

He forgot to mention there isnt a gun free zone at Starbucks. But he says it a lot so I guess thats his proof :eusa_shifty:

Starbucks policy makes sense when you realize that their prices constitute robbery. By their gun politics they discourage anyone from accusing them of ARMED robbery.

It would make sense or not only if they had a policy. They dont

Starbucks policy makes sense when you realize that their prices constitute robbery. By their gun politics they discourage anyone from accusing them of ARMED robbery.

When the CEO makes a request, most employees interpret that as company policy.

An Open Letter from Howard Schultz, ceo of Starbucks Coffee Company

For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

I stopped going to Starbucks after my first visit, which ended with me paying way too much for a cup of absolutely horrible coffee.

This guy tells it how he sees it....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DyG60KT-MY]The Kid From Brooklyn - Starbucks Stick it up Your @$$ - YouTube[/ame]

He forgot to mention there isnt a gun free zone at Starbucks. But he says it a lot so I guess thats his proof :eusa_shifty:

The video illustrates the undesirability for middle class and poor people as well as the inflated cost of Starbuck's merchandise.

For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

Ohhhhhh....

A request is the same as policy now. Now I get it, you have to change what things mean and what things are in order to be angry.

Now I understand, when you say policy you mean...not a policy :eusa_shifty:

Ohhhhhh....

A request is the same as policy now. Now I get it, you have to change what things mean and what things are in order to be angry.

Yeah cause the CEO doesn't make rules change by asking. CC walk into Starbucks and show everyone your gun. Then let me know if they ask you to leave or if they give you free coffee.

Ohhhhhh....

Yeah cause the CEO doesn't make rules change by asking. CC walk into Starbucks and show everyone your gun. Then let me know if they ask you to leave or if they give you free coffee.

I know I know you just said it was a request but you are saying again its a policy. Like this keyboard...I call it a horse but that doesnt stop people from laughing when I straddle it and yell "Yee haw"

Ohhhhhh....

I know I know you just said it was a request but you are saying again its a policy. Like this keyboard...I call it a horse but that doesnt stop people from laughing when I straddle it and yell "Yee haw"

You can call it a horse but you'll still type with it. You can also consider it a request but you still can't take guns into Starbucks.

You can call it a horse but you'll still type with it. You can also consider it a request but you still can't take guns into Starbucks.

yes you can because no one is stopping you. Thats the difference between a request and a policy

Ohhhhhh....

Yes. There are instances where a carefully worded 'request' is actually a demand.
Such as when a supervisor or manager 'highly recommends" your presence at a non mandatory meeting. That means, "be there or else"
Or when a restaurant website says "reservations suggested"...That means, "those without reservations will not be seated".
Or when Titleist, makers of premium golf balls 'suggests' the retail price, what that means is "if you are caught selling our merchandise at a price lower than our 'suggested number', you'll no longer be selling our products".

Forum List

Back