Starbucks is testing a reusable cup program at London’s Gatwick Airport

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
Customers at its South Terminal location will be able to either request a free reusable cup or pay 5 pence (6 cents) for a paper cup. If customers opt for the reusable cup, they will be able to drop it off at five locations throughout the terminal before boarding their flights, the coffee giant announced in a press release Sunday.
Starbucks is testing a reusable cup program at London's Gatwick Airport

source.gif

275268-shake-it-up-say-no-to-milk.gif

Trying to limit the amount of waste they produce!? What monsters!

SB's coffee is overpriced and gross either way.

Mmmmm oli sludge in a glass. No thanks

Give me some Dunkin Donuts coffee in styrofoam any day

This will probably go by the boards, along with a lot of Starbucks initiatives, you never know however.

I remember a few years ago, the Starbucks in the Fort Myers Airport insisted that customer use the "grande" and "vente" terms instead of small, medium and large, and they wouldn't serve you unless you did.

A couple of years after, they abolished that policy, and they never did put it in at a lot of airport terminals.

I like Dunkin's quite a lot, but I only really drink coffee at home. Even when I go the diner down the street I order juice with breakfast instead.

I like Dunkin's quite a lot, but I only really drink coffee at home. Even when I go the diner down the street I order juice with breakfast instead.

I use Dunkin's at home too. But I can't get a donut....well actually our youngest can't get one. She loves her some Dunkin donuts

I use Dunkin's at home too. But I can't get a donut....well actually our youngest can't get one. She loves her some Dunkin donuts

At home, I drink Great Value coffee- its good stuff.

For years I insisted on premium bean like Chase & Sanborn, but this is just as good and costs less.

It was just National Doughnut Day, so I had little choice in the matter to eat one on Friday.

It's kinda sad you folks think dunkin donuts tastes good.

You've obviously never had a real donut. Those things taste like plastic. Come to south Louisiana. I'll hand you a real donut that will blow your socks off.

You've obviously never had a real donut. Those things taste like plastic. Come to south Louisiana. I'll hand you a real donut that will blow your socks off.

I don't eat them unless someone brings them in as a morning treat. We have far too wonderful local bakeries for me to purchase and eat a chain doughnut.

I don't eat them unless someone brings them in as a morning treat. We have far too wonderful local bakeries for me to purchase and eat a chain doughnut.

If you are out of town, always go to donut shops with police cruisers parked in the lot. The cops do this for a living, they know where all the best places are

A Beignet is so much better I don't even think of it as a doughnut.

But I'm not a fan of the coffee.

Cafe du Monde should be on everyone's Bucket List.

I'll pay the 5 pence, or better yet, I won't buy from Starbucks.

A Beignet is so much better I don't even think of it as a doughnut.

But I'm not a fan of the coffee.

Cafe du Monde should be on everyone's Bucket List.

That's not what I'm talking about. That's not a donut.

I have a Duncan Donuts 5 minutes from my house and I opt to drive 25-30 minutes to a bakery shop for my donuts.

If you are out of town, always go to donut shops with police cruisers parked in the lot. The cops do this for a living, they know where all the best places are

Asking the staff at the hotel is a good way as well. They know all the great spots for casual food and drink.

Screw ‘bucks. Save the five cents, take the reusable cop, but toss it in the trash just like a regular cup. You save money and stick it up a lefty’s ass at the same time. A win-win!

Screw ‘bucks. Save the five cents, take the reusable cop, but toss it in the trash just like a regular cup. You save money and stick it up a lefty’s ass at the same time. A win-win!

How much coffee do you want to drink at airport anyhow? If you are there, it means you will soon be boarding a plane and you can only rent coffee. I've always seen it as a pain in the ass to make it down a airliner aisle to use the can.

Forum List

Back