Starting This Week, It’s Harder to Get an Abortion in 5 States

I'm pro-life and anti-govt. red tape. I don't know if these restrictions are good or bad w/o looking at them. But if abortion is the law, then there should only be common sense regulations; for instance, parents being permitted a time window to be informed of their daughter's pregnancy.

And what if the parent was the one who got them pregnant?

What if the parent would beat the daughter senseless for getting pregnant to start with?

These aren't "common sense", they are just cruel.

That's a little thing called a mitigating factor. Obviously, I wasn't pretending that such things don't exist. Do you think I'd argue for parental rights of someone who tried to murder their daughter? Use your head. Stop throwing out red herrings.

Okay, how do you establish "mitigating factors". Frankly, it sounds like you are setting the stage for a lot of false accusations.

You really don't think these things through, do you?

How's this for a crazy idea.

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

But otherwise, mind your own business.

I mean, isn't that like a crazy idea?

We have a case here in Toledo, there is a missing toddler. The mother is in jail, they were living in squaller and one day the father comes to get the kids and finds out his youngest has gone missing. Of course it is that mother who did something but perhaps she should never have given birth.

Some people are not meant to be parents, they haven't got a clue. Cons don't want abortion and they don't want contreception. They hate women and obviously the poor little ones that they are forcing them to have.

That's a lie....Cons put restrictions on abortions, which there should be or people would be using it as birth control (well, some most likely do), and where you got the idea we're against contreception is beyond me!! That would be pretty stupid!

How's this for a crazy idea.

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

But otherwise, mind your own business.

I mean, isn't that like a crazy idea?

Zimmerman is on trial for killing Martin.

So how's this for a crazy idea.

Just let him go and mind your own business.

If you're going to ignore killing, then ignore killing for everyone.

Fetuses aren't people.

Not in the law, not in science, not even in the Bible.

When do you believe it's no longer a fetus and it's now a child? After it's born? Is it only a child when it starts breathing on it's own?

I'm pro-life and anti-govt. red tape. I don't know if these restrictions are good or bad w/o looking at them. But if abortion is the law, then there should only be common sense regulations; for instance, parents being permitted a time window to be informed of their daughter's pregnancy.

I don't like that. If some ultra religious parents knew their daughter was wanting an abortion, they'd force her to carry it to term, which I consider child abuse.

So their 12 yr old daughter should just be able to go get an abortion without her parents knowledge....wow. This world is getting sicker by the day....

First and foremost, parents have the right to know what is going on in their child's life. I could argue other lesser points, but that's the reality. And any government that says otherwise, needs to fuck off.

They don't have the right to force their children to use their body in such a way that could pose a risk to their health.

I'm willing to debate you or agree with you on that point if you first admit that parents' should be made aware of potential medical procedures on their children.

Crickets...So many liberals had shitty parents and secretly want the state to raise children anyhow and make sure they all see the world through politically correct viewpoints.

[

When do you believe it's no longer a fetus and it's now a child? After it's born? Is it only a child when it starts breathing on it's own?

I believe in the exact same standard society uses.

When the woman wants it, it's a child.

When the woman doesn't want it, it's "that problem I need to take care of".

As a practical matter, no fetus can survive below 22 weeks, and you really don't get into good survival rates until much latter. Most premature births suffer a lifetime of disabilities.

Also- 99% of abortions occur BEFORE 18 weeks. The 1% that don't, there is usually a good medical reason, and I would trust women and their doctors before I'd trust a clinically retarded politician like Rick Perry.

What if the parent would beat the daughter senseless for getting pregnant to start with?

Imagine - having to get the permission of your father (who raped you) to see if you can abort his baby.

How sick.
Here is a crazy idea. If that wasn't one of the restrictions implemented. How about you ( in the words of Noomi) STFU. :cuckoo:

Republican men must have raging erections over this. Seems they think of nothing else but women's vaginas.

Because there are zero women who are pro-life, right?

Always with the sexualization.

Imagine - having to get the permission of your father (who raped you) to see if you can abort his baby.

How sick.
Here is a crazy idea. If that wasn't one of the restrictions implemented. How about you ( in the words of Noomi) STFU. :cuckoo:

But it is what Gatsby was suggesting as policy.

Oh NO...now doctors have to examine women seeking an abortion first before handing out medication. Tragedy...now women have to wait 72 hours after consulting an abortion doctor and abortions can only be performed during normal business hours. Gasp...women can no longer deduct abortions from their income taxes.

You ding bats are funny when you run off at the mouth before even reading the article. :lol::lol:

Last edited:

That's a little thing called a mitigating factor. Obviously, I wasn't pretending that such things don't exist. Do you think I'd argue for parental rights of someone who tried to murder their daughter? Use your head. Stop throwing out red herrings.

So you would force a teenage girl to dob her father in to the cops, even though she has been threatened if she tells?

Ok...I need to understand this. You're saying that the teenage girl gets pregnant by her own father, she should be able to secretly go have an abortion....because she'd been threated by her father if she told anyone. So then she has the abortion, and because nobody knows how she got pregnant, she then goes back to the house she was living in, and her father most likely will continue to rape her....which could end up in more abortions. Wow....and yes, If I knew what was going on I would force the girl to turn her father in! So what she's been threatened, she'd be taken to a safe place and the father most likely put away. It's better than living with him every day in fear of being raped again!

Oh NO...now doctors have to examine women seeking an abortion first before handing out medication. Tragedy...now women have to wait 72 hours after consulting an abortion doctor and abortions can only be performed during normal business hours. Gasp...women can no longer deduct abortions from their income taxes.

You ding bats are funny when you run off at the mouth before even reading the article. :lol::lol:

Why should they have to do any of these things.

How many doctors were involved in making these rules?

You must have been one whiny ass child when you were growing up. :cuckoo:

No, I just asked obvious questions.

Like "Sister, if God is good, why did he drown every baby in the world in Noah's Flood?"

Sister Mary Butch "Because they were WIIIIIIIIICKED babies."

No shit. This actually happened.

Why should they have to do any of these things.

How many doctors were involved in making these rules?

How many engineers are consulted when they make up asinine EPA rules?

Not enough. They run to the lawyers and the bugs and bunnies enviroweenies.

But why should a woman be able to abort just because she doesn't want it? It's a child whether a woman wants it or not, just because she doesn't want it doesn't make it any less of a child.

Also, there should be a good medical reason for an abortion at any time, not just because the child is not wanted. There's always adoption.

You must have been one whiny ass child when you were growing up. :cuckoo:

No, I just asked obvious questions.

Like "Sister, if God is good, why did he drown every baby in the world in Noah's Flood?"

Sister Mary Butch "Because they were WIIIIIIIIICKED babies."

No shit. This actually happened.

I'm sorry you had to endure going to a Catholic school/church.....no wonder you're so against religion!

Considering all the methods for birth control available these days I fail to see why it's necessary for the thousands of abortions performed every year. There's everything from "No!" to "promise rings" to pills, morning after pills, intrauterine devices, condoms, etc.

Kids today seem to get an explicitly thorough sex education from kindergarten forward and are handed out condoms and God knows what else in the classroom. Parental advice or teaching seems to be just one more thing that has been stripped from parents.

Again, what is the majority - not all - but the majority class of the population who seek abortions? Children, lower income, less educated people? Those people considered by the "elite" to be "undesirable?" Abortion is nothing more than euthanasia in reverse - it has everything to do with population control. It has nothing at all to do with "women's rights," but women's rights is a good selling point to the less educated/less wise population.

I realize "shit happens," but what about all those people who are desperate to adopt children? But prospective adoptive parents have to go through years of red tape and BS before they are deemed "suitable" to adopt. Another thing is that when you teach a population they can do anything they want with no consequences for anything, you ultimately create the atmosphere for the decline of that population and its morals.

Forum List

Back