STATE COMPARES CHRISTIAN BAKER TO NAZIS

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
Believer forced to celebrate homosexual unions.

State compares Christian baker to Nazis

The Colorado Civil Rights Commission’s order to a baker to use his artistry to celebrate homosexual unions in violation of his Christian beliefs is under challenge, in part, because a commissioner likened Christians to slavers and Nazis.

Was the cake in the shape of a chocolate covered, slightly bent, cream filled long john?

Back when christians were forcing pagans to build churches on top of the pagan sites, the pagans built certain pagan symbols into the churches. Maybe the baker can figure out how to work in a guy hanging off a cross or something, you know, to protest.

I see this from a totally different angle. The Christian baker will be protected by the LORD in the days to come but what will happen to such people who are aggressively supporting the gay agenda? Even in government? There is a book out now identifying 35 Islamic terrorist training camps in the USA - training for the day of jihad - these people are advertising who they are and where they are. They will be among the first to go when that day comes. Sad but true. (Islamic penalty for homosexuality is death)

For now they are hunting down Christians with these ridiculous accusations - but what happens when the hunters become the hunted? You won't hear a word out of them in that day.

No right should trump any other right.

Mark

I agree.

You have a right to be a homophobe.

Your business does not.

businesses aren't people. they don't have rights.

There is nowhere in our constitution that states you have to forfeit your beliefs in order to make a living in this country.

Your "explanation" is not based in fact, but in emotion.

Mark

Not really sure how he could lose. How do we allow the government to tell people what to do based on religion? Isn't accepting of gay marriage a religion with the left? Certainly.

Assuming what is reported is correct here is a snippet from the article:

The commission member was Diann Rice.

“I would also like to reiterate what we said in the hearing or the last meeting,” Rice said. “Freedom of religion and religion has been used to justify all kinds of discrimination throughout history, whether it be slavery, whether it be the Holocaust, whether it be – I mean, we – we can list hundreds of situations where freedom of religion has been used to justify discrimination. And to me it is one of the most despicable pieces of rhetoric that people can use to – to use their religion to hurt others.”

This is a prime example of liberals knowing so much which isn't so. Slavery was never justified by the use of religion that is just plain flat out wrong. It was economics that justified American slavery. When I read crap like this from liberals it makes me shutter to think they are in any position of power.

Here is more from the same person proving again she knows so much that isn't so.

During the same hearing, ADF reported, Rice also erroneously stated “the U.S. Supreme Court has found over and over that you cannot discriminate on the basis of race, and sexual orientation is a status absolutely like race.”

The truth:

ADF noted the U.S. Supreme Court has never found that sexual orientation is a status equivalent to race. In fact, the high court has twice held that the First Amendment bars the government from relying on sexual orientation nondiscrimination laws to force people or groups to speak messages with which they disagree.

And did the baker refuse to provide his services to the gay couple? Not at all.

“Phillips politely declined to design and create a cake celebrating complainants’ same-sex wedding but assured complainants that he would design and create any other bakery product for them. Phillips did not make ugly comments, question the morality of complainants’ decision to marry or utter any comment that evinced animus toward complainants,” the brief states.

Read more at State compares Christian baker to Nazis

Mark

I agree.

Your business does not.

But don't businesses have the 'right to refuse service'? That's an information seeking question.

Its a lot of to-do over nothing except hate and bigotry.

Religions are hate groups and if it were me, I would never put a bite of that cake in my mouth.

Back when christians were forcing pagans to build churches on top of the pagan sites, the pagans built certain pagan symbols into the churches. Maybe the baker can figure out how to work in a guy hanging off a cross or something, you know, to protest.
True. The thumpers :eusa_pray: don't have a leg to stand on in the persecution department given the last 1000 or so years of their misdeeds

Mark

I agree.

Your business does not.

But don't businesses have the 'right to refuse service'? That's an information seeking question.

Its a lot of to-do over nothing except hate and bigotry.

Religions are hate groups and if it were me, I would never put a bite of that cake in my mouth.

I don't know what the rights of business's are as to refusal of services. I have run a tavern, and have refused to serve someone. In 13 years of running a garage, I don't remember ever doing it.

Mark

Mark
what chapter and verse in Mark?

Don't tell me you personally sign every one of your posts "Mark" :facepalm: If so, why & where did you pick up that habit? :eusa_eh:

Mark
what chapter and verse in Mark?

Don't tell me you personally sign every one of your posts "Mark" :facepalm: If so, why & where did you pick up that habit? :eusa_eh:

I have been "signing" my posts since I started posting, over 100,000 posts ago. I believe that in the first forum I ever visited, the handle "Mark" was taken. So, I simply picked "80 zephyr" because it was a car I was working on at the time.

I sign my name for two reasons. I want folks to know who they are talking to, and I want them to know my gender.

Mark

I have been "signing" my posts since I started posting, over 100,000 posts ago. I believe that in the first forum I ever visited, the handle "Mark" was taken. So, I simply picked "80 zephyr" because it was a car I was working on at the time.

I sign my name for two reasons. I want folks to know who they are talking to, and I want them to know my gender.

Mark
I don't care if you have a zillion posts on the interwebz, its :gay:Put it in your siggie drama boi.

Mark
I don't care if you have a zillion posts on the interwebz, its :gay:Put it in your siggie drama boi.

Funny, this is the only forum I have ever been to that has mentioned my posting style as to my signing my posts.

Why does it bother anyone?

Mark

Mark

Funny, this is the only forum I have ever been to that has mentioned my posting style as to my signing my posts.

Mark
ummm.....because its a drama queen move. :eusa_eh: You could simply put it in your siggie. See how that works Mark? We had two other people here doing that & they were drama queens :desk: as well. This isn't AOL chat. :talktothehand:

I'm just the messenger. Do w/ it as you wish :thup:

Before Rome fell, they used to say let's eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we may die.

Mark

Mark

It doesn't bother me at all. I used to sign mine too, Mark.

Before Rome fell, they used to say let's eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we may die.

Mark

Mark

You're not helping Mark because you are in the top 5 of the most irritating :banghead: posters here what w/ all your evangelizing :thup:

Mark

Mark

Is that you Mark? I thought your handle was 80zephyr?

Forum List

Back