Stephen Crowder, Top 5 AR-15 myths...banning them is a Trojan Horse...

Charles Whitman didn't have an AR-15. He used an M-1 carbine. People give the AR-15 too much credit.

So why did the US military pick the fully auto version of the AR to be their goto combat weapon? The AR and the M16 are identical other than the full auto capability. ARs weren't even built until the M16 patent ran out.
AR-15 was the prototype to the M-16. The AR-15 didn't have a forward assist assembly and the Army wouldn't buy it. A forward assist assembly was added, the Army bought it and the AR-15 was re-designated M-16 because Army weapons have an M preceding the number. I was issued one of the first M-16s in July 1965.

Bottom line, the AR15 is the same design as an M16 with the multiple fire disabled. The US military chose that design as it's goto combat weapon. If it's just like any other semiauto, why did the military pick that particular design over any other simiauto?
Bottom line the AR i5 is exactly the same as any other semiautomatic rifle but for the materials of the stock and a couple of accessories

Then why did the military pick a slightly modified version of that design for the M16? It's not the same as any other simiauto.
It is the same.

The firing mechanism of an AR works exactly the same as any other semiautomatic rifle.

The only differences between an AR frame or clone and any other semiauto available to civilians are the materials used for the stock and the frame

Charles Whitman didn't have an AR-15. He used an M-1 carbine. People give the AR-15 too much credit.

So why did the US military pick the fully auto version of the AR to be their goto combat weapon? The AR and the M16 are identical other than the full auto capability. ARs weren't even built until the M16 patent ran out.

If they don't have the full auto, and I don't even think the M4 has that anymore, then they aren't identical......you are such a doofus.

AR-15s are civilian rifles also used by police, they are the most common rifle in the country and so are the most obvious rifle protected by our 2nd Amendment....

You guys want all the rifles and all the pistols......we know this, and we are going to fight you all the way...

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. The AR couldn't have even been built until the M16 patents ran out.

HISTORY

INVENTIONS
Q:
Who invented the M16 rifle?
A:
QUICK ANSWER

Eugene Morrison Stoner is credited with inventing the American M16 while working as chief engineer for ArmaLite. The M16 became the standard-issue assault rifle of the U.S. military in 1963.

CONTINUE READING
KEEP LEARNING

[paste:font size="4"]LEARN MORE ABOUT INVENTIONS
Sources:

nytimes.com

en.wikipedia.org

I've done a bit of research on the AR15 today. Some of the things I thought were wrong. However, the fact that the AR 15 is a slightly modified clone of the military M16 assault rifle has not changed. We don't need military assault rifles on the street. even those that are slightly modified
AR 15 Rifle - A Brief History & Historical Time Line

It is not a military rifle and has never been used in war....

6 shot revolvers are actual war weapons.

Lever action rifles are actual war weapons.

Pump action shot guns are currently war weapons.

Bolt action rifles are currently war weapons.....

The AR-15 has never been used by the military and has never been used in war......kinda hard to call it a weapon of war when it has never been used by the military or been used in a war......you are such......

AR-15 was the prototype to the M-16. The AR-15 didn't have a forward assist assembly and the Army wouldn't buy it. A forward assist assembly was added, the Army bought it and the AR-15 was re-designated M-16 because Army weapons have an M preceding the number. I was issued one of the first M-16s in July 1965.

Bottom line, the AR15 is the same design as an M16 with the multiple fire disabled. The US military chose that design as it's goto combat weapon. If it's just like any other semiauto, why did the military pick that particular design over any other simiauto?

Dip shit.....a semi auto rifle takes a magazine, and fires one bullet for each pull of the trigger without having to manually reload after every single shot.......every single semi auto rifle......the AR-15 is no different from any of those other rifles...which is why you want to ban it...if you get the AR-15 that gives you the momentum to go after every other rifle and pistol that also takes a magazine and fires one bullet for each pull of the trigger...and that is your goal.....

The AR-15 is a civilian rifle, that the police also use....it is no different than any other rifle that is also a semi auto rifle....or a semi auto pistol.....

They picked the look of the rifle because it was the cheapest contract......the government bought it......you are such a doofus...

If it is no different, why are you so adamant that it is needed? The AR is a slightly modified clone of the M16. It's not the same as any other simi.

Moron...you know it is exactly the same thing as any other semi auto rifle......the exact same mechanism.....which is why you need to get it banned......then you can come back and state the other rifles need to go too......and the pistols......

You morons have already stated on various threads that you want all semi auto weapons banned....you let the truth out.....we already knew it, but the uninformed didn't know....

Liar. Post a link to me saying all semiautomatic rifles should be banned, or admit you are full of shit.
And you do not see the stupidity of banning a .223 caliber semiautomatic rifle for cosmetic reasons alone?

There is no difference between the AR 15 and any other semiautomatic .223 rifle other than cosmetics

Dip shit.....a semi auto rifle takes a magazine, and fires one bullet for each pull of the trigger without having to manually reload after every single shot.......every single semi auto rifle......the AR-15 is no different from any of those other rifles...which is why you want to ban it...if you get the AR-15 that gives you the momentum to go after every other rifle and pistol that also takes a magazine and fires one bullet for each pull of the trigger...and that is your goal.....

The AR-15 is a civilian rifle, that the police also use....it is no different than any other rifle that is also a semi auto rifle....or a semi auto pistol.....

They picked the look of the rifle because it was the cheapest contract......the government bought it......you are such a doofus...

If it is no different, why are you so adamant that it is needed? The AR is a slightly modified clone of the M16. It's not the same as any other simi.

Moron...you know it is exactly the same thing as any other semi auto rifle......the exact same mechanism.....which is why you need to get it banned......then you can come back and state the other rifles need to go too......and the pistols......

You morons have already stated on various threads that you want all semi auto weapons banned....you let the truth out.....we already knew it, but the uninformed didn't know....

Liar. Post a link to me saying all semiautomatic rifles should be banned, or admit you are full of shit.
And you do not see the stupidity of banning a .223 caliber semiautomatic rifle for cosmetic reasons alone?

There is no difference between the AR 15 and any other semiautomatic .223 rifle other than cosmetics

Did the military pick that design for strictly cosmetic reasons?

No, the M-16 was picked for practical reasons. It is shorter than the M-1 by 4'' (better for going thru jungle) and lighter by 3-4 pounds. ( better for being in hot climate) plus carrying more ammo.)

No, the M-16 was picked for practical reasons. It is shorter than the M-1 by 4'' (better for going thru jungle) and lighter by 3-4 pounds. ( better for being in hot climate) plus carrying more ammo.)

Yes,those are 2 of the reasons it is a more effective killing tool than other rifles.

If they don't have the full auto, and I don't even think the M4 has that anymore, then they aren't identical......you are such a doofus.

AR-15s are civilian rifles also used by police, they are the most common rifle in the country and so are the most obvious rifle protected by our 2nd Amendment....

You guys want all the rifles and all the pistols......we know this, and we are going to fight you all the way...

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. The AR couldn't have even been built until the M16 patents ran out.

HISTORY

INVENTIONS
Q:
A:
QUICK ANSWER

Eugene Morrison Stoner is credited with inventing the American M16 while working as chief engineer for ArmaLite. The M16 became the standard-issue assault rifle of the U.S. military in 1963.

CONTINUE READING
KEEP LEARNING

Sources:

nytimes.com

en.wikipedia.org

I've done a bit of research on the AR15 today. Some of the things I thought were wrong. However, the fact that the AR 15 is a slightly modified clone of the military M16 assault rifle has not changed. We don't need military assault rifles on the street. even those that are slightly modified

Who's "We"? You gotta mouse in your pocket?

HISTORY

INVENTIONS
Q:
A:
QUICK ANSWER

CONTINUE READING
KEEP LEARNING

Sources:

nytimes.com

en.wikipedia.org

No, that's not a mouse, but I didn't expect you to be staring at my crotch anyway. We is the citizens of the US.

HISTORY

INVENTIONS
Q:
A:
QUICK ANSWER

CONTINUE READING
KEEP LEARNING

Sources:

nytimes.com

en.wikipedia.org

No, that's not a mouse, but I didn't expect you to be staring at my crotch anyway. We is the citizens of the US.

No, it's just and your non-common-sense opinion. Dismissed!

HISTORY

INVENTIONS
Q:
A:
QUICK ANSWER

CONTINUE READING
KEEP LEARNING

Sources:

nytimes.com

en.wikipedia.org

QU Poll Release Detail
Support for universal background checks is itself almost universal, 97 - 2 percent, including 97 - 3 percent among gun owners. Support for gun control on other questions is at its highest level since the Quinnipiac University Poll began focusing on this issue in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre:

HISTORY

INVENTIONS
Q:
A:
QUICK ANSWER

CONTINUE READING
KEEP LEARNING

Sources:

nytimes.com

en.wikipedia.org

QU Poll Release Detail
Support for universal background checks is itself almost universal, 97 - 2 percent, including 97 - 3 percent among gun owners. Support for gun control on other questions is at its highest level since the Quinnipiac University Poll began focusing on this issue in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre:

The Poll that Matters: Hillary Clinton 97%, Donald Trump 6%

Oh the polls, yep.

QU Poll Release Detail

Oh the polls, yep.

Yep. She did get 3 million more votes.

QU Poll Release Detail

Oh the polls, yep.

Yep. She did get 3 million more votes.

Sure. :)

Ban the AR-15. Are the children any safer in school? Be honest.

If you can't honestly say they would be safer, why ban the gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The military model is a different gun.

I don't know how many times you have to be told that. What does it matter that a civilian .223 semiautomatic rifle has a plastic stock instead of a wood stock? No civilian rifle performs like a military rifle.

Now why don't you tell me what makes this gun
Typical-AR-15-1024x301.jpg

any different from this gun

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

Other than how they look. Both are civilian semiautomatic rifles chambered for .223. Both have comparable accuracy. Both fire the same one round per trigger pull.

There is absolutely no functional difference between the 2 rifles.

If you knew anything about the subject you would know this

Yes,those are 2 of the reasons it is a more effective killing tool than other rifles.
It is not a more effective killing tool than any other .223 semiauto

I don't know how many times you have to be told that. What does it matter that a civilian .223 semiautomatic rifle has a plastic stock instead of a wood stock? No civilian rifle performs like a military rifle.

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

Other than how they look. Both are civilian semiautomatic rifles chambered for .223. Both have comparable accuracy. Both fire the same one round per trigger pull.

I disagree. The Mini-14 is plagued with accuracy issues.

IMO, the M14 is a superior killing tool.

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

I disagree. The Mini-14 is plagued with accuracy issues.

The newer ones have greatly improved

IMO, the M14 is a superior killing tool.
The 7.62 round definitely more deadly

Forum List

Back