Stephen Crowder, Top 5 AR-15 myths...banning them is a Trojan Horse...

Are you really trying to say that shooting an Ar 15 at 46 rounds per minute will cause the barrel to melt down?

Now I know you are either trying to be stupid or are just plain stupid

I'm leaning towards the latter.

In 30 + years of shooting rifles I have never seen any rifle melt a barrel because of firing too fast.

As I have said many times, It is more capable of combat type firing than most. You can nibble around the edges and say "but what if" all you want, but you can't change that fact.

It's a distinction without a difference. And since you have no experience with these type of rifles you can't understand that

Not real sure how you would have any idea of what experience I might have in anything.
Your posts tell me all I need to know.

You didn't know that the single most important defining attribute of a semiautomatic firearm is that it only fires one round per trigger pull

Link?
So now you deny questioning the FACT that ALL semiautomatics fire only one round per trigger pull?

You said that semiautos advertise different rates of fire but you haven't posted any of those advertisements have you?

As I have said many times, It is more capable of combat type firing than most. You can nibble around the edges and say "but what if" all you want, but you can't change that fact.

It's a distinction without a difference. And since you have no experience with these type of rifles you can't understand that

Not real sure how you would have any idea of what experience I might have in anything.

You didn't know that the single most important defining attribute of a semiautomatic firearm is that it only fires one round per trigger pull

Link?
So now you deny questioning the FACT that ALL semiautomatics fire only one round per trigger pull?

You said that semiautos advertise different rates of fire but you haven't posted any of those advertisements have you?

Only in your mind dumb ass. You spouted that several times as if you thought it could prove your point. Now go away. ou were wrong. All guns are not exactly the same.

Not a matter of the guns capibility at all. A dude shot a president with a bolt gun, pretty crappy one to. A slew of gun regulations came after that, why was it a President was shot again? Then you had Bobby Kennedy. He also got shot after all the new gun laws, then Regan. Columbine happened and it happened like 7 years after Clinton made it law. All the rules and regulations you want had been inplace yet the shooting happened. Not a guns capability at all.

That's one of the goofiest things I ever heard. We wear seat belts, but people still die in car wrecks. Does that mean seat belts aren't a good idea?

people still die in car wrecks yet no call to ban them

A car is not designed and built for only one purpose. To kill.

Not all guns are designed to kill, either. Shooting competition guns are designed solely to be as accurate as possible, not to kill.

Tiny niche market.

The largest market for guns is either self defense or hunting. In both cases, being designed to kill is desirable.

That's one of the goofiest things I ever heard. We wear seat belts, but people still die in car wrecks. Does that mean seat belts aren't a good idea?

Not all guns are designed to kill, either. Shooting competition guns are designed solely to be as accurate as possible, not to kill.

Tiny niche market.

The largest market for guns is either self defense or hunting. In both cases, being designed to kill is desirable.

That was kinda my point.

Link?

Only in your mind dumb ass. You spouted that several times as if you thought it could prove your point. Now go away. ou were wrong. All guns are not exactly the same.
So I was wrong to say that a semiauto

Link?

All right no quote where I said that.

I sad all semiautomatics of the same caliber perform the same

They all fire the same round at about the same velocity at the same rate of one round er trigger pull

You deny that a semiauto fires one round er trigger pull you don't post anything that proves that do you ?

Tiny niche market.

That was kinda my point.

Not really. Go back and read. You said the only thing an AR 15 can do is kill people. Fine, they was the idea when Eugene Stoner designed it. What you Fail to recognize is that ever since the us has been a country civilians typically used the exact same gun. For excample, the tommy gun not to mention the old bolt action Springfield’s, the M1 Garand the M1A (M15) the Krag Jurgenson the trap door Springfield conversion, not to mention a shit ton of hand guns and so on. You kind of changed what your implication was it seems which is that the AR15 is only a people killer.

Tiny niche market.

That was kinda my point.

Not really. Go back and read. You said the only thing an AR 15 can do is kill people. Fine, they was the idea when Eugene Stoner designed it. What you Fail to recognize is that ever since the us has been a country civilians typically used the exact same gun. For excample, the tommy gun not to mention the old bolt action Springfield’s, the M1 Garand the M1A (M15) the Krag Jurgenson the trap door Springfield conversion, not to mention a shit ton of hand guns and so on. You kind of changed what your implication was it seems which is that the AR15 is only a people killer.

You're adding words to my remarks. I said killing is the reason that gun was designed. Misrepresenting my words is the same as lying. Quit it.

Tiny niche market.

That was kinda my point.

And neither is a bad thing.

Nothing gives me a bigger smile than when you PUTIN enablers call those on the left commies and then Stalinists in the space of two short sentences.

:eusa_dance:

Good point. It was really shameful the way we colluded with the Kremlin in cooking up that Dossier in an attempt to rig the election, the way we rigged our primary. Then the way we used the DOJ and the FBI to commit treason by spying on the opposition campaign. Then the way we were so arrogant that we didn't even cover our tracks, so certain were we that the fix was in and it was "in the bag."

You Stalinists sure are smart....:shok:

Tiny niche market.

That was kinda my point.

You're adding words to my remarks. I said killing is the reason that gun was designed. Misrepresenting my words is the same as lying. Quit it.

Wasn’t trying to put words In your mouth. My bad, that shit is worse then lying.Point is, guns are obviously used solely for killing. And from the fist gun ever made to what we have now, every single gun ever made was designed to kill other people.

EVEN the AR15. But it is no more deadly then a Remington 700 in any caliber. It just ain’t.

Tiny niche market.

That was kinda my point.

Wasn’t trying to put words In your mouth. My bad, that shit is worse then lying.Point is, guns are obviously used solely for killing. And from the fist gun ever made to what we have now, every single gun ever made was designed to kill other people.

EVEN the AR15. But it is no more deadly then a Remington 700 in any caliber. It just ain’t.

Any gun will kill. Some are just more suited to killing as many as possible in as short a time as possible than others. Our military decided that the AR15/M16 format was the most effective for that. I trust their judgement.

That was kinda my point.

Any gun will kill. Some are just more suited to killing as many as possible in as short a time as possible than others. Our military decided that the AR15/M16 format was the most effective for that. I trust their judgement.

It also depends on the shooter. A larger caliber will do the same things, only better. But the weapons are heavier and have more recoil.

Our military also takes manufacturing capabilities into account. And the insisted on it being manufactured in the US. When the M14 was adopted, a specific US Army officer fought hard to get it adopted. Despite the fact that the FL-LAR was found to be a better, more suitable rifle by those doing the testing.

You seem to be under the impression that since the military selected the M16, that the AR is far more capable of killing. That is not true.

That was kinda my point.

Lie....the AR-15 is not a military weapon.....keep lying, we will keep correcting you....the AR-15 is a semi automatic, civilian and police rifle.....it was not a military weapon and has not been used in a war.....

The same is not true of these weapons...

The 6 shot revolver.....war weapon.

Lever action rifle....war weapon.

Bolt action rifle, current weapon of war.

Pump action shotgun....current weapon of war.

AR-15.....civiliain and police rifle, not a weapon of war.

That was kinda my point.

Lie....the AR-15 is not a military weapon.....keep lying, we will keep correcting you....the AR-15 is a semi automatic, civilian and police rifle.....it was not a military weapon and has not been used in a war.....

Th AR15 was designed for the military, and slightly modified for civilian sales. As a gun nut, you should know that.

Th AR15 was designed for the military, and slightly modified for civilian sales. As a gun nut, you should know that.

And yet the AR-15 is not a military weapon and has never been used in war.......every time you say the opposite you are lying.....the truth stands...the AR-15 is a civilian and police rifle, used for self defense, hunting, competition and collecting.....the 6 shot revolver was an actual war weapon.......and yes, you want to ban that too....

Armalite designated their new version of the Stoner design as the AR-15. It was a selective fire rifle, as the military specifications required. Armalite then sold the design to Colt, who produced the semi-auto version and designated it the AR-15. The two rifles are different enough to not be the same gun. The simple difference of one being capable of full auto fire, and the other is not, is difference enough.

The AR-15 being discussed is NOT capable of full-auto. That was a basic requirement of the military. So the AR-15, in this context, has never been used in a war.

Armalite designated their new version of the Stoner design as the AR-15. It was a selective fire rifle, as the military specifications required. Armalite then sold the design to Colt, who produced the semi-auto version and designated it the AR-15. The two rifles are different enough to not be the same gun. The simple difference of one being capable of full auto fire, and the other is not, is difference enough.

The AR-15 being discussed is NOT capable of full-auto. That was a basic requirement of the military. So the AR-15, in this context, has never been used in a war.

Thank you.

There is more that makes that platform better suited for combat than auto fire. An M16 used in semi mode still a military assault weapon, and essentially identical to an AR15.

There is more that makes that platform better suited for combat than auto fire. An M16 used in semi mode still a military assault weapon, and essentially identical to an AR15.

But the fact that the M16 CAN fire full auto makes it a different rifle. Period. When Eugene Stoner designed the rifle for military use, it was designed as a selective fire rifle. Producing one, even if identical in every other way, that is only capable of semi-auto fire makes it a different rifle.

And no Stoner designed rifle that is not capable of full auto has ever been used by our military in a war. None.

Forum List

Back