Sterling and the Loss of the 1st Amendment

CorvusRexus

The Raven King
Mar 6, 2014
As the title reads, the entire Sterling case is a demonstration of the loss of freedom of speech in America and of the entirely lop-sided racial bias in the country.

So Sterling made some bad, questionable, and racist statements. So what? If you take offense, boycott his games and start a movement or something. But to ban a man from the NBA and fine him 2.5 million for exercising our freedom of speech as guaranteed by the 1st is outrageous! If those in the public spotlight are no longer allowed to use the 1st, I ask how long will we have before ours is gone?
Also, I beg the reader to consider the question, what if Sterling were black, and he made anti-white comments? I'll tell you. The president wouldn't get involved, the team wouldn't act like they have, and you bet the Commissioner wouldn't be issuing a lifetime ban. In fact, there would be greater outrage if the Commissioner did order a ban placed on the black owner.

The evidence clearly points to a serious flaw in our society as it stands today.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Especially when a so-called "president" puts his foot in things in which government has no constitutional role.

And you know Obama wouldn't care to interfere if Sterling was black.

Especially when a so-called "president" puts his foot in things in which government has no constitutional role.

Would He not feel compelled to jump to defend him? I don't think he has either the intelligence or discretion to sit idly by when there's racism of any kind to be exploited. Although, there IS the remote chance George might tell Him to cool it for a while.....

Would He not feel compelled to jump to defend him? I don't think he has either the intelligence or discretion to sit idly by when there's racism of any kind to be exploited. Although, there IS the remote chance George might tell Him to cool it for a while.....

Sorry, my mistake.
Obama would definitely be supporting the racism then.

Get some freaking perspective. The entire news media (including Fox) was focused on an old man losing his job as a result of racist comments recorded by his mistress. Meanwhile a former KKK member who once ran for office on the democrat ticket stalked and murdered three Jews in Kansas City because of what he claimed was a anti-Semitic rant by a left wing blog. Which story is more important?

As the title reads, the entire Sterling case is a demonstration of the loss of freedom of speech in America and of the entirely lop-sided racial bias in the country.

So Sterling made some bad, questionable, and racist statements. So what? If you take offense, boycott his games and start a movement or something. But to ban a man from the NBA and fine him 2.5 million for exercising our freedom of speech as guaranteed by the 1st is outrageous! If those in the public spotlight are no longer allowed to use the 1st, I ask how long will we have before ours is gone?
Also, I beg the reader to consider the question, what if Sterling were black, and he made anti-white comments? I'll tell you. The president wouldn't get involved, the team wouldn't act like they have, and you bet the Commissioner wouldn't be issuing a lifetime ban. In fact, there would be greater outrage if the Commissioner did order a ban placed on the black owner.

The evidence clearly points to a serious flaw in our society as it stands today.
No one from the government hung him. What he said cost him his team and his position. That's in the rules and he knew it when he bought the team. Welcome to actions, and words, have consequences.

I wonder how many more threads claiming freedom of speech is dead will be started in the next 24 hrs. No one's 1st amendment rights have been abridged, in any way.

I wonder how many more threads claiming freedom of speech is dead will be started in the next 24 hrs. No one's 1st amendment rights have been abridged, in any way.

This is true.

But apparently local government is striving to overcome that little hurdle.

Patience, Bucko, patience......

Forum List

Back