Sterling refuses to pay fine, plans to sue NBA

They have 100x that amount and time on their side.

They could probably run him out of money in 20 years or so. Considering that he is 83, and senile, I don't think that matters much to him. On the other hand, those other owners are going to be cutting into their profits and future earnings, and they are all younger, and saner, than he is.

Not if his family has him committed for spending up their trust fund. Money does strange things to people.

His wife, who happens to be sane, has already said that she will fight the order to sell her half of the team. Why don't you point out the part of the NBA contract that lets them sell the team out from an owner who didn't do a fucking thing?

I dont have to. You just admitted they have voided contracts. You need to prove they cant do it in this case.

Yes, they voided contracts because players violated the terms of the contract, they have never voided contract because they decided they didn't like the owner. The way it works in the real world is the person making the claim offers the proof, but you really don't care if anyone believes you, all you care about is making things up and posting them.

Show me where it says they cant do it? They have voided contracts before. There is nothing stopping them.

I don't have to show you where it says they can't because I didn't say that they can't, I said they haven't. You are the one making the claim they can, prove your point or admit you made it up.

They could probably run him out of money in 20 years or so. Considering that he is 83, and senile, I don't think that matters much to him. On the other hand, those other owners are going to be cutting into their profits and future earnings, and they are all younger, and saner, than he is.

Not if his family has him committed for spending up their trust fund. Money does strange things to people.

His wife, who happens to be sane, has already said that she will fight the order to sell her half of the team. Why don't you point out the part of the NBA contract that lets them sell the team out from an owner who didn't do a fucking thing?

From what I understand her half was not approved. The team is owned by a trust. Get your facts together. Why dont you point out the part where it says the NBA cannot void the contracts since they have already done it before?

Not really. They would cooperate with this as long as the players were signed elsewhere. You must be mad or out of your skull.

There aren't enough teams to pick up every single Clippers player without forcing the teams to cut other players. That proves I am the one using my brain, and you are using your racist scumbag lack of a brain.

You forget the NBA can expand 1 additional team to accommodate the players dummy. You are out of your skull like I said.

Yes, they could. That process would take, at a minimum, 5 years, during which time most of those players wold be getting payed squat.

There aren't enough teams to pick up every single Clippers player without forcing the teams to cut other players. That proves I am the one using my brain, and you are using your racist scumbag lack of a brain.

You forget the NBA can expand 1 additional team to accommodate the players dummy. You are out of your skull like I said.

Yes, they could. That process would take, at a minimum, 5 years, during which time most of those players wold be getting payed squat.

Actually they could have it done in a month or 2. Sterling doesn't own Staples Center. They could also expand all team rosters just in case it took 5 years at the most like you are wildly hoping. :lol:

From what I understand her half was not approved. The team is owned by a trust. Get your facts together. Why dont you point out the part where it says the NBA cannot void the contracts since they have already done it before?

You keeping talking about facts, yet you offer none. Where is your proof to back up the bullshit you've been spewing in this thread? You pretend like you know NBA contracts, but in reality you are just making shit up. Prove me wrong by showing PROOF of what you claim.

He cant do that because he lied.

You keeping talking about facts, yet you offer none. Where is your proof to back up the bullshit you've been spewing in this thread? You pretend like you know NBA contracts, but in reality you are just making shit up. Prove me wrong by showing PROOF of what you claim.

Google is freely available to check my facts. I choose not give you a link because you are an asshole.

From what you understand, the NPLA would roll over like dogs to let the NBS screw over their members.

Just to clear up your lack of understanding, Californian is a community property state, which means that any property bought during the marriage belongs to both spouses. In other words, she didn't need a approval to buy anything, it is a matter of law.

And, again, why should I prove something I am not saying? Why does it bother you that I don't believe you? If you are right, prove it, if you can't prove it, shut up.

As much of a **** as Sterling is, I find it ironic and saddening that people are more outraged by this guy's racist musings than they were by Sandusky fucking little boys.

True story :thup:

With all this stupid "You said" versus "He said" we're missing the point. NBA Teams are franchises!

fran·chise (frăn′chīz′)
n.
1. A privilege or right officially granted a person or a group by a government, especially:
a. The constitutional or statutory right to vote.
b. The establishment of a corporation's existence.
c. The granting of certain rights and powers to a corporation.
d. Legal immunity from servitude, certain burdens, or other restrictions.

In other words, they have to follow the rules of the governing body or they lose they right to operate as a franchised business.

The league has simply said that, as long as he owns them, The Clippers are not part of the league - something the media is not pointing out.

Buy a franchise for McDonald's and sell Burger King items out of it and Mickey D's will pull the plug.

From what you understand, the NPLA would roll over like dogs to let the NBS screw over their members.

Just to clear up your lack of understanding, Californian is a community property state, which means that any property bought during the marriage belongs to both spouses. In other words, she didn't need a approval to buy anything, it is a matter of law.

And, again, why should I prove something I am not saying? Why does it bother you that I don't believe you? If you are right, prove it, if you can't prove it, shut up.

You cant be this ignorant? The trust that owns the Clippers supercedes community property. You have no clue what you are talking about. dont quit your day job to practice your dime store attorney skills.

Actually they could have it done in a month or 2. Sterling doesn't own Staples Center. They could also expand all team rosters just in case it took 5 years at the most like you are wildly hoping. :lol:

They have to open the process to bids, examine the bids to make sure they all qualify, approve the winning bid, and then award the franchise to the new owner. It would be up to the new owner if he wants to keep them as the second rate team in La, or move them to another market, which would take time, renegotiating TV contracts, and whatever the Clippers contract is with Staples.

But, sure, they could do that in a month.

They have to open the process to bids, examine the bids to make sure they all qualify, approve the winning bid, and then award the franchise to the new owner. It would be up to the new owner if he wants to keep them as the second rate team in La, or move them to another market, which would take time, renegotiating TV contracts, and whatever the Clippers contract is with Staples.

They call that expediting the process. I know you want it to not be so but it would be no problem for the league to accommodate the players on a new team in a pretty rapid manner. Since the Clippers are actually the better team in LA right now you must be one of the fools that like to talk without knowing your facts. Clipper were in the playoffs. Lakers didnt even make it.

As much of a **** as Sterling is, I find it ironic and saddening that people are more outraged by this guy's racist musings than they were by Sandusky fucking little boys.

True story :thup:

I think the difference is you heard Sterling on tape. What you heard about Sandusky was disturbing as hell but he never admitted it and no one recorded him.

You cant be this ignorant? The trust that owns the Clippers supercedes community property. You have no clue what you are talking about. dont quit your day job to practice your dime store attorney skills.

What trust are you talking about about? How does the fat that Sterling bout a portion of the trust nullify California state law on community property? Why hasn't any lawyer who isn't as stupid as you unaware of this mystical ability of trusts to nullify state laws?

It is written very vaguely- which is why it will be litigated. Also, the owners haven't voted yet.....I wonder why? Maybe they don't have the 3/4ths they need?

:lol:

Either way, I don't care. I am not an NBA fan.

You really think they don't have the 3/4ths vote needed? The NBA wouldn't have done this if they didn't have the votes. Silver most likely spoke with every other owner regarding this before laying down the decision.

Funny how people don't think this billion dollar league that has firms of attornies at their disposal didnt have this mapped out from day 1. :lol:

It doesn't matter how many attorneys they have. Few attorneys will tell a client he's full of crap. Even those that say it will still take their money and file whatever they can use to milk the client. Having a lawyer is not a comment on the merits of the case.

If Silver spoke to these owners at all few if any would go against the outrage tidal wave. They'd be next. A fly on the wall would report the conversation as "go ahead call the old man's bluff."

I hope the NBA has lots of lawyers and hemorrhage money. This case is going to settle. Sooner or later sanity will prevail once they see how much it's costing.

They call that expediting the process. I know you want it to not be so but it would be no problem for the league to accommodate the players on a new team in a pretty rapid manner. Since the Clippers are actually the better team in LA right now you must be one of the fools that like to talk without knowing your facts. Clipper were in the playoffs. Lakers didnt even make it.

You call it that, the law calls it illegal.

The NBA was hoping the media blitz and the pleas from people for him to step down quietly would sway him to just disappear. That isn't going to happen.

The biggest problem for the NBA is that they made it seem the issue was settled, when it clearly isn't even close to being settled. They went with the twitter timeline, less than a week from issue to resolution, and did not realize the real world (and especially the legal world) work far slower.

I also have a stinking suspicion that they do not have the votes among the owners to get rid of him. If they had the votes, they would have held it.

They have the votes, they wouldn't have announced he was losing the team without knowing the votes are there. I believe the other 29 owners all gave their support to the commissioner after he announced Sterling's punishment. Just as Sterling has powerful lawyers working for him, so does the NBA including Adam Silver himself.

Not to mention that collectively they have more money than Sterling as well and Sterling will pay court costs in the end.

Why would Sterling pay court costs?

Sterling actually has the better "case," legally.

The NBA should promptly seek to resolve this fiasco in a manner that AVOIDS court input. They are holding the losing hand in that regard.

What trust are you talking about about? How does the fat that Sterling bout a portion of the trust nullify California state law on community property? Why hasn't any lawyer who isn't as stupid as you unaware of this mystical ability of trusts to nullify state laws?

I'm talking about the one that owns the Clippers. You must be a retard if you dont know how trusts work. The ownership belongs to the trust not Sterling stupid.

Forum List

Back