Steward Rhodes charged with seditious conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you know the DOJ only makes arrests when it has a strong case.
Youd also know that the Oath Keepers, from the top down, were caught conspiring to invade the Capitol and stop the process of electing Biden.
The DOJ doesn’t make any arrests, Fakey.

The DOJ does have a propensity to proceed with criminal charges when they convince themselves that they have a strong case. That doesn’t mean they do here

And, no. I most certainly don’t “know” that the indicted Oath Keepers were “caught” in any conspiracy. That’s the allegation. It is not the conclusion.

As a bit of an aside, as I have previously expressed, I believe there is a fair amount of evidence that their MOTIVE was quite the opposite of seeking to interfere with any part of the function of government. I believe that their intent was to PREVENT the illegal seizure of the Executive Branch. (By the way, this does not require that I agree that the election was “stolen.” But whether their beliefs were correct or badly mistaken, if they believed that the election was being stolen, then their intent was to PRESERVE our Republic.)

You, Fakey, will comprehend none of this.

The last people who were convicted of sedition where some Puerto Ricans who shot President Truman on the Capitol steps. This was around 1950.

So, this is a big deal.

Did trump think this turd was going to pop up when he created this shit storm?
Interference with Federal election by the Oathkeepers.

"According to a newly unsealed indictment against Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes and several co-conspirators, a group of Oath Keepers referred to as "Stack One" entered the Capitol, went south from the rotunda, and walked to the House of Representatives specifically to find Pelosi."

The last people who were convicted of sedition where some Puerto Ricans who shot President Truman on the Capitol steps. This was around 1950.
So, this is a big deal.
We may see this charge used against others, up the food chain.

So, this is a big deal.

Really, who was convicted then?

So, this is a big deal.

Only one turd I know of that keeps popping up.....

The DOJ doesn’t make any arrests, Fakey.

The DOJ does have a propensity to proceed with criminal charges when they convince themselves that they have a strong case. That doesn’t mean they do here

And, no. I most certainly don’t “know” that the indicted Oath Keepers were “caught” in any conspiracy. That’s the allegation. It is not the conclusion.

As a bit of an aside, as I have previously expressed, I believe there is a fair amount of evidence that their MOTIVE was quite the opposite of seeking to interfere with any part of the function of government. I believe that their intent was to PREVENT the illegal seizure of the Executive Branch. (By the way, this does not require that I agree that the election was “stolen.” But whether their beliefs were correct or badly mistaken, if they believed that the election was being stolen, then their intent was to PRESERVE our Republic.)

You, Fakey, will comprehend none of this.
There was no evidence that there was anything wrong with the election. If there was nothing wrong with the election, what was going on in the Capitol on January 6th wasnt an illegal seizure of the Executive Branch. Well, that is until the Oath Keepers showed up.
Even if they did believe the election was stolen, they have no legal right to do what they did. They are nothing more than a gang and have no legal authority to do anything. So it really doesnt matter what they believe. They have no legal authority to stop the US Congress from doing its duty.
The Oath Keepers just didnt like the result. So they were attempting to subvert democracy by stopping the election process. I'm sure the DOJ has looked into all of this...that's their job.
But all of this will be fleshed out in court. Nothing you or I say here really matter much.

Hundreds of left wing protesters have already been arrested. You'd know that if you stepped outside of Breitbart/Fox/whatever other right wing rag you read/watch.
...and charged....and con-victed. But the trump cult believes what they are told that summer rioters got off with nothing.

Oh...and that we have a bunch of burned down cities.

...and charged....and con-victed. But the trump cult believes what they are told that summer rioters got off with nothing.

Oh...and that we have a bunch of burned down cities.
I shut them up. One clown didnt even know one of the guys that tried to burn down a Federal Court in Portland plead guilty all the way back in August. Just shows how out of touch the right wing is with reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back