Stigmatize

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
That is what the president is accusing many of you folks of. Stigmatizing Islam. One should note that in order to "stigmatize" a person or group you need to lie about them. So following that rule of thumb lets see how I do.

"When the Amish flew those planes into the World Trade Center"...
Oh, that was muslims.

"When the Baptists killed all those people in France"...
Oh, that was muslims.

"When the Quakers blew a hole in the USS Cole"...
Oh, that was muslims.

"When the Mormons killed all those people in Brussels"....
Oh, that was muslims.

"When the Catholics set off those bombs in Boston"...
Oh, that was muslins.

"When the Methodists killed all those people in Munich 72"...
Oh, that was muslims.

"When the Pentecostal's killed all those people in San Bernardino"...
Oh, that was muslims.

"When the Pagans killed all those children at an Easter egg hunt"..
Oh, that was muslims

"When the Atheists killed all those people in Mosul"...
Oh, that was muslims.

In order to "stigmatize" a person OR group of people you HAVE to lie about them. So WHO is lying? Me OR the president of the United States?

Fury

Last edited:
as much as I agree that islam (or any religion) is a plague on humanity, you have a terribly formed argument.

My advice, go watch any lectures or debates from Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Ayanni Ali, Maajid Nawaz, or Daniel Dennet. Then come back and say something intelligible

as much as I agree that islam (or any religion) is a plague on humanity, you have a terribly formed argument.

My advice, go watch any lectures or debates from Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Ayanni Ali, Maajid Nawaz, or Daniel Dennet. Then come back and say something intelligible
Truth is often very basic in its purest form. Honesty does not need flowery words. Honesty only requires truth.

ok then you are lying.

There are 1.6 billion muslims on earth, a very small percentage of that 1.6 billion has actually performed a terrorist act

Citing a specific trait does not create causation through an entire group.

Is it a useful tool to profile in order to save time and lives? Probably.

Is it 100% accurate? No

Can it harm a lot of people to make broad statements? Yes

The only way this is a positive is if Muslims self police more.

Well, we will get the predictable responses.

But but but...Christians. (code for white right wing republicans have blown up abortion clinics and they love bringing up McVeigh to highlight their warped point)

Or....

ALL RELIGIONS are bad. (Code for obfuscation from the BROWN stink bombs who commit all of these atrocities and suggest that atheists like them are the only rational thinkers and white christians are the real trouble makers.)

In fact it was in post two.

But but but...Christians. (code for white right wing republicans have blown up abortion clinics and they love bringing up McVeigh to highlight their warped point)

Or....

ALL RELIGIONS are bad. (Code for obfuscation from the BROWN stink bombs who commit all of these atrocities and suggest that atheists like them are the only rational thinkers and white christians are the real trouble makers.)

Now, do you have something to say on the topic, or are you just here to stigmatize other posters?

"One should note that in order to "stigmatize" a person or group you need to lie about them. So following that rule of thumb lets see how I do."

How about following a dictionary definition of the term 'stigmatize,' and not what you call 'a rule of thumb?'

Now what dictionary would you be using?

don't hold your breath

No "lies" are needed to "stigmatize".

"Stigmatize" means "to mark", generally in a negative context. It comes from the Ancient Greek practice of branding slaves and criminals with a "stigma". This is also where the word "stigmata" comes from - it's the plural form of "stigma".

In this context, Obama is warning against "marking" the entire religion of Islam due to the actions of the few - which is of course exactly what you clowns are doing.

"Stigmatize" means "to mark", generally in a negative context. It comes from the Ancient Greek practice of branding slaves and criminals with a "stigma". This is also where the word "stigmata" comes from - it's the plural form of "stigma".

In this context, Obama is warning against "marking" the entire religion of Islam due to the actions of the few - which is of course exactly what you clowns are doing.
Branding muslims? Sounds like something I could support. Great idea on your part!

Branding muslims? Sounds like something I could support. Great idea on your part!

Of course you would support that - because you're a terrible person.

Thankfully, your opinions are completely meaningless in the context of this country.

"One should note that in order to "stigmatize" a person or group you need to lie about them. So following that rule of thumb lets see how I do."

How about following a dictionary definition of the term 'stigmatize,' and not what you call 'a rule of thumb?'

Now what dictionary would you be using?

redneck-moon1.jpg

By calling Fort Hood Work place violence.............

Sorry............that dog doesn't hunt.............
Buldog-lazy-Dog-Wallpaper-wide-1680x1050.jpg

I'd love it if you can find a single quote of Obama's referring to the Fort Hood shooting as "workplace violence".

(Hint: You can't, because he never said those words)

Or....

Now, do you have something to say on the topic, or are you just here to stigmatize other posters?

Yeah, cause you people never stigmatize people. Oh wait a minute. The arrogant left do it, it is perfectly ok. Why? Cause we on the right are these flat earther knuckle dragging toothless members of the KKK.

Again, the hypocrisy of the left is just so......automatic.

Let us all know how "good" muslims are.

In the meantime let us see your predictable responses. Obfuscating from muslims to the horrible things Christians do.

Tell me. Have you have seem the charitable work that TRUE Christians have been doing for 2000 years? Want me to list those things.

Instead of going to the old abortion clinics being bombed (not nearly as as common as the deliberate targeting of random citizens and not worthy of any sort of comparison whatsoever), why don't we list the things Christians do all around the world for.......(like I said) 2000 years.

I know, to a left winger, a charitable deed is insisting that governments ought to be doing these things.

Anyway, let us see the attacks on Christians. I know what that is code for as I stated. You can deny it. That is when I snicker to myself.

I'd love it if you can find a single quote of Obama's referring to the Fort Hood shooting as "workplace violence".

(Hint: You can't, because he never said those words)
The DOJ and official stance was it was Work Place Violence..................That is how it was prosecuted.......(HINT.......you will ignore that)

Forum List

Back