stimulus check dead ?

is that what Trump did in 2017 with his tax giveaway or was that different? Just wondering.
That was Congress who cut taxes for the rich ... all of them got campaign money from the rich ... ten to one return on investment ... because only $20 trillion in debt is an excellent time to cut revenue ... although $30 trillion is debt is a better time to ... by this time next year ...

will there be a second stimulus check ?

The question is, for what? our unemployment rate dropped again in August to 8.4%, the market is steady and at times grows, new housing starts in July were up 22.5%. What do we need stimulated?

How would a stimulus help when these liberal cities and states are still virtually shut down?

At the rate we are currently going, unemployment will be in the 6% range come election day. No, that's not great, but it's very good considering the circumstances.
Our UE rate is disguised, with the small business bail out.... And other bail outs.

The business got the money if they agreed to paying their employees that were laid off, while they were unemployed.....thru August/September....

Many of these restaurants, and bars, movie theaters, gyms, etc etc etc....And airlines bailed out,

Will not reopen full force, if at all, and those employees will hit the UE lines, once the bailout/stimulus checks run out..... we should start seeing those permanent layoffs soon.

My, what hopes and dreams for the failure of our country. So surprising from a leftist.

You know, you share your parties intent here which is to see enough failure to get confused Joe into the White House. But let me fill you in on something: you're no financial genius.

These big-wigs don't invest in the market unless they are confident of profit. People don't purchase new homes unless they are confident they'll have the resources to pay for them. In other words, President Trump is giving us that confidence. And if all these tragedies were expected to take place, these things would not be happening.

To your chagrin, things are looking up for America. No, it will not be like it was a year ago, but progress is happening every single month. I think voters are satisfied that advancements are being made, even if it doesn't lead to perfection.

Last month I tried to buy a new washing machine since mine bit the dust. Couldn't get one for nearly a month due to backlog. I had to purchase a used one. We have a can shortage in this country. Can companies are working around the clock trying to keep up with demand, and new can companies are in the process of being built. I can't find Fantasik surface cleaner anywhere. I went to Sam's Club a few weeks ago. not one popular brand of paper towels available.

Bottom line is that there is plenty of need for workers, and plenty of need for products we don't have. The Democrat strategy is to lure those people away from those jobs with their additional $600.00 a week unemployment. After all, if you can make more not working than working, why look for work?

Donald Trump and the Republicans are aware of their intent and strategy. They met the Democrats with a $300.00 a month additional unemployment, but that came with no stimulus checks. The Democrats didn't like the offer.

Uncle Don will pass out more cash for votes very soon.
/-----/ Piglosi needs to sign off on it too, Dimwit. Any fake outrage over that?
I doubt her name will be on the check.
/---/ Being a good libtard, I know you'll drop your stimulus check into the shredder.
I don't get any checks from the government.

You don't deserve any. :auiqs.jpg:

/-----/ Piglosi needs to sign off on it too, Dimwit. Any fake outrage over that?
/---/ Being a good libtard, I know you'll drop your stimulus check into the shredder.

We all can't be as low income as yous guys.

This is so true. I haven't met a leftist here yet who doesn't own their own business, independently wealthy, or comfortably early retired. Me? I'm the only truck driver in the place.

The question is, for what? our unemployment rate dropped again in August to 8.4%, the market is steady and at times grows, new housing starts in July were up 22.5%. What do we need stimulated?

How would a stimulus help when these liberal cities and states are still virtually shut down?

At the rate we are currently going, unemployment will be in the 6% range come election day. No, that's not great, but it's very good considering the circumstances.
Our UE rate is disguised, with the small business bail out.... And other bail outs.

The business got the money if they agreed to paying their employees that were laid off, while they were unemployed.....thru August/September....

Many of these restaurants, and bars, movie theaters, gyms, etc etc etc....And airlines bailed out,

Will not reopen full force, if at all, and those employees will hit the UE lines, once the bailout/stimulus checks run out..... we should start seeing those permanent layoffs soon.

My, what hopes and dreams for the failure of our country. So surprising from a leftist.

You know, you share your parties intent here which is to see enough failure to get confused Joe into the White House. But let me fill you in on something: you're no financial genius.

These big-wigs don't invest in the market unless they are confident of profit. People don't purchase new homes unless they are confident they'll have the resources to pay for them. In other words, President Trump is giving us that confidence. And if all these tragedies were expected to take place, these things would not be happening.

To your chagrin, things are looking up for America. No, it will not be like it was a year ago, but progress is happening every single month. I think voters are satisfied that advancements are being made, even if it doesn't lead to perfection.

Last month I tried to buy a new washing machine since mine bit the dust. Couldn't get one for nearly a month due to backlog. I had to purchase a used one. We have a can shortage in this country. Can companies are working around the clock trying to keep up with demand, and new can companies are in the process of being built. I can't find Fantasik surface cleaner anywhere. I went to Sam's Club a few weeks ago. not one popular brand of paper towels available.

Bottom line is that there is plenty of need for workers, and plenty of need for products we don't have. The Democrat strategy is to lure those people away from those jobs with their additional $600.00 a week unemployment. After all, if you can make more not working than working, why look for work?

Donald Trump and the Republicans are aware of their intent and strategy. They met the Democrats with a $300.00 a month additional unemployment, but that came with no stimulus checks. The Democrats didn't like the offer.
Wow Ray, you got all of that out of what I posted, eh? :lol:

That link is an example....

This is so true. I haven't met a leftist here yet who doesn't own their own business, independently wealthy, or comfortably early retired. Me? I'm the only truck driver in the place.
Missourian is also a truck driver, I believe...

Don't worry you'll get there soon just don't get fat and grow a beard like my eldest son who drives shuttle at JB Hunt in NW Arkansass. I could never set that long in one place.

I do pity the truly unemployed worker...that was a dirty thing Pelosi did. $300.00 on top of state benefits was very generous.

I don't consider myself "leftist" that word is nothing more than a pejorative used by the ignorant. However, I retired at 57 and my oldest son drives for UPS. He had degrees in Math and Computer Technology but found driving for UPS to have benefits Silicon Valley didn't offer, and his income is equal to what he earned at a desk without the benefits.

/——-/ I spent a decade in consumer products and I can’t understand what is wrong with the supply chain. I can’t find Lysol anywhere, yet the manufacture claims their factory is running 24/7. But there is no shortage of liquid dish detergent, or laundry detergent. I’ve read there is a shortage of the aerosol cans they need, but they could substitute a pump spray bottle. People would buy them. We make our own disinfectant spray with either diluted bleach or Pine Sol.

/——-/ I spent a decade in consumer products and I can’t understand what is wrong with the supply chain. I can’t find Lysol anywhere, yet the manufacture claims their factory is running 24/7. But there is no shortage of liquid dish detergent, or laundry detergent. I’ve read there is a shortage of the aerosol cans they need, but they could substitute a pump spray bottle. People would buy them. We make our own disinfectant spray with either diluted bleach or Pine Sol.

The theory behind the can shortage is that with so many people out of work, much more alcohol consumption is taking place. So besides that, people who used to frequent bars getting their beverages out of kegs are now drinking more, only out of cans at home. Same holds true with soda. People are not getting their fountain drinks at restaurants either.

You can find hand sanitizer, but a lot of them are on the FDA list for being dangerous. GoJo, the makers of Purell, are building a new factory in my suburb. It's supposed to open next month or so. They have other factories nearby, but you can't find it in any of our stores either.

I don't consider myself "leftist" that word is nothing more than a pejorative used by the ignorant. However, I retired at 57 and my oldest son drives for UPS. He had degrees in Math and Computer Technology but found driving for UPS to have benefits Silicon Valley didn't offer, and his income is equal to what he earned at a desk without the benefits.

UPS pays good money but their employees are generally treated like shit from what I've been told by many a driver. Their tractor-trailer drivers not so much because we are in high demand, but the parcel trucks, I've heard some stories from those folks.

Unlike your son, a lot of younger people don't want to get into anything that involves physical labor. They want to get a college education, and go to work in dress shirts. My nephew got a Masters and had a job waiting for him when he got out of college. It was a company owned by a friends mother. But with all the loans he needed to take out, he's still in his early 30's living with his mother until he pays all his bills off, and can comfortably live in his own place.

When I was his age, I already worked over 15 years full time, bought my rental property and home. I moved from my parents house at the age of 20 and never went back; never needed to. Of course, my nephew makes more money than I ever did, but in the scope of an entire life, will he be that much ahead of me?

UPS pays good money but their employees are generally treated like shit from what I've been told by many a driver. Their tractor-trailer drivers not so much because we are in high demand, but the parcel trucks, I've heard some stories from those folks.

Unlike your son, a lot of younger people don't want to get into anything that involves physical labor. They want to get a college education, and go to work in dress shirts. My nephew got a Masters and had a job waiting for him when he got out of college. It was a company owned by a friends mother. But with all the loans he needed to take out, he's still in his early 30's living with his mother until he pays all his bills off, and can comfortably live in his own place.

When I was his age, I already worked over 15 years full time, bought my rental property and home. I moved from my parents house at the age of 20 and never went back; never needed to. Of course, my nephew makes more money than I ever did, but in the scope of an entire life, will he be that much ahead of me?
/—-/ Almost the same story with me except I moved out at 18.

I neglected to mention my son didn't need to keep his gym membership, a good thing since 24 hour fitness has recently declared bankruptcy. He has a very expensive e-bike and he and his brother ride the Trails on the Mt. Diablo hills and has a cage in his garage along with an D3.23 Precor weight machine.

I neglected to mention my son didn't need to keep his gym membership, a good thing since 24 hour fitness has recently declared bankruptcy. He has a very expensive e-bike and he and his brother ride the Trails on the Mt. Diablo hills and has a cage in his garage along with an D3.23 Precor weight machine.

If he's delivering in a parcel truck, I don't know why he needs any fitness equipment at all. That's a pretty physical job.

:hands:

care4democrats: Please Lord, before the election, before the election, before the election ...

In the greatest economy the world has ever known, why would there be a need for stimulus checks?

Surely people stashed away enough of their tax cut money for a rainy day, no?

Forum List

Back