Stocks Take Worst Losses Since 1987

Great example of why using the stock market as your sole source of retirement security is a fool's errand

This is twice in 12 years.
We experience a bear market every 7 years on average.
A. This is a bit more than a Bear Market

B. Exactly why putting all your retirement eggs in the SM basket is a really bad idea.

We NEED Social Security to be available and healthy

I don't disagree.

What we need to do is hand the bankers gobs of cash,,,,worked well the first time and for Gods sake dont prosecute anyone.

I hate to say it as a conservative, but all you Trumpers who we’re giving him kudos for the bloated market have to take your medicine. He didn’t make the market a bubble, the Fed did that, but he sure took credit for it. Dumb, very dumb.

Yep. So much truth to that.

To even attempt to make it about blue helmets versus red helmets is just plain ignorance. Both sides of the party of one have been faithful trustees in a predictably failing Keynesian economic model. To try to blame one side of the false paradigm or the other is just rejecting responsibility.

Last edited:
The buying opportunities created by this virus are starting to look very very appetizing.

You’re nuts! This market hasn’t hit bottom. Whatever you are thinking about buying now that has dropped 20-30% already will be cheaper in the future. There are a few, very few long opportunities right now. The economic effects haven’t even been felt. Wait until some of these highly leveraged companies start filing bankruptcy.

What buying opportunities do you see? Blue Apron? It was up over 50% today.

The buying opportunities created by this virus are starting to look very very appetizing.

You’re nuts! This market hasn’t hit bottom. Whatever you are thinking about buying now that has dropped 20-30% already will be cheaper in the future. There are a few, very few long opportunities right now. The economic effects haven’t even been felt. Wait until some of these highly leveraged companies start filing bankruptcy.

There are tons of deals out there...look at how low the energy sector is...if you are not researching a purchase or two you are not thinking....

Anyone noticed Dems are celebrating.

Why you continue to use this talking point?
Because you have No real response and have ZERO money in the market.

You think I want the market to fail? WHY?
You want Trump to fail...if it takes the market to do that...you won't lose any sleep. You are a partisan. As with any partisan any means justify the end result.

I don't think this situation will permit that. They are already pumping vaccines...real or imagined things like this will stabilize markets. Expect a rebound tomorrow. 'Vaccines' will be touted as a reason for stability.

There are tons of deals out there...look at how low the energy sector is...if you are not researching a purchase or two you are not thinking....
upload_2020-3-16_18-22-16.png

I've got blood flow.

They need to shutdown the stock markets until next Monday.
Why? Do you need the government to wipe your ass? Better stock up on Toilet paper!!

Wow...you’re an angry little person.

You're the one freaking out and calling for the stock market to be closed. Why?

Because people’s retirement savings are dwindling at no fault to the investors

Not the way it works. We don't get "saved" from losses due to pestilence.

Anyone noticed Dems are celebrating.

Why you continue to use this talking point?
Because you have No real response and have ZERO money in the market.

You think I want the market to fail? WHY?
You want Trump to fail...if it takes the market to do that...you won't lose any sleep. You are a partisan. As with any partisan any means justify the end result.

It doesn't take me to make trump fail. He is doing a fine job of failing himself.
I have plenty invested ( to you this number might be 200K, to me it's more) so I truly don't want the market to fail.
The Guy is an idiot.
When is enough enough?

Forum List

Back