#Stopthetires - There is a grassroots movement by truckers to strike on Nov 29th for 24 hours

Not sure it will come together, but they are trying.

I'm off that day. I might drive up to LA...less traffic. Cool.

No, I think they are planning to clog the streets. The exact opposite.

Even better. I have a vacation shortly after that. With all of those trucks impounded... nice!

You would starve to death first. You are a incompetent twit. If the truckers stopped for two weeks the country would grind to a halt. It would be catastrophic.

Might be worth to see traitors like candy here whine and snivel.

Yeah jim bob; that isn't going to happen. When these guys do this and are summarily fired for not doing their jobs and Wal Mart has their trucks impounded....they will simply hire new truckers and life will go on....

Don't you ever get tired of being angry, pissed off, and losing?

Great idea. Worked well for air traffic controllers. :rolleyes:

Entirely different. These are independents. The ATC's were government employees.

I thought you were smart?
One group drives trucks the other lands planes. Lots of differences. The main one being air traffic controllers won’t be replaced by drones in 5 years. But they are/were similarly bad ideas.

Even better. I have a vacation shortly after that. With all of those trucks impounded... nice!

You would starve to death first. You are a incompetent twit. If the truckers stopped for two weeks the country would grind to a halt. It would be catastrophic.

Yeah jim bob; that isn't going to happen. When these guys do this and are summarily fired for not doing their jobs and Wal Mart has their trucks impounded....they will simply hire new truckers and life will go on....

Wow, you really don't know ANYTHING, about ANYTHING, do you!

You're a sad little angry pissant...we all know that.

Entirely different. These are independents. The ATC's were government employees.

I thought you were smart?
One group drives trucks the other lands planes. Lots of differences. The main one being air traffic controllers won’t be replaced by drones in 5 years. But they are/were similarly bad ideas.

Yet another simpleton who doesn't understand anything. Pilots are the comparison you silly twat. Not ATC's.

And no, automated trucks are decades on the future. One accident and the company developing them is toast.

I am pretty sure they will be employed on closed properties within 5 years. But the cost is so high that they won't expand beyond them for a while.

You're a sad little angry pissant...we all know that.

Angry? Nope. I am enjoying watching you flail. Your comeuppance is going to be epic.

And no, automated trucks are decades on the future. One accident and the company developing them is toast.

I am pretty sure they will be employed on closed properties within 5 years. But the cost is so high that they won't expand beyond them for a while.
Did you know that about every 15 minutes, a person is killed or seriously injured in an accident caused by tractor trailers, also called 18-wheelers or big rigs or semi-trucks? In fact, around 500,000 trucking accidents occur each year in the United States, with about 5,000 per year resulting in death.

Seems like your simpleton mind can’t do math. Truckers will be replaced faster than you can find a girlfriend (or BF, I don’t want to assume).

Did you know that about every 15 minutes, a person is killed or seriously injured in an accident caused by tractor trailers, also called 18-wheelers or big rigs or semi-trucks? In fact, around 500,000 trucking accidents occur each year in the United States, with about 5,000 per year resulting in death.

Seems like your simpleton mind can’t do math. Truckers will be replaced faster than you can find a girlfriend (or BF, I don’t want to assume).

Yeah, but lawyers love lawsuits, and if you take away those thousands of small ones, they are left with going for the knockout.

Seems you don't understand anyrhing.

We are a long way off. We don't even have reliable autonomous cars yet. Uber was getting them until a few crashed and killed their riders. Currently they are using autonomous trucks for strictly highway use. You will never see one in our lifetime that could drive in a city. And remember you don't just send these things off on their own. You still need a licensed driver with each one in case something goes wrong and a human driver needs to take over. Cost wise, I really don't see the advantage of it, but companies are having a harder and harder time getting people to do the job.

When it comes to drivers, companies kiss our ass, not the other way around. Even in this economy, our transportation industry is still short tens of thousands of drivers. When a company gets somebody that's willing to work, they hold on to them no matter what. I could walk into my bosses office, piss on his desk with him sitting there, and I'd have another job tomorrow.

I can assure you it's not going to happen. If a couple politically motivated drivers do shutdown, it won't make a difference on your store shelf or meat department. How do I know this? Because our industry has been starving for drivers for over a decade. When they can't find American drivers, they hire foreigners to do the job.

There never was a toilet paper shortage.

There was fear and hype by the little Goebbels which cause panic buying. What a 24 hour general strike does is create a sense of what COULD happen. Even if only 20% of drivers participated, it would have a MASSIVE impact. The CCP media won't cover it, so word has to get out through alternative media.

They have to get mostly owner operators to head this.
Most company drivers usually dont partake.

They can't, they would lose their jobs, so you're right that only owner operators can do this. Also, PERCEPTION is the key. I don't expect anyone to dump a load and suffer financial ruin, but to just not take loads and get it publicized by the free media would be huge. The CCP media will not cover it, of course.

From mexico?

No, they won't be replaced anytime soon. This is retard think.

Forum List

Back