Store opens in NYC and the police go in and REFUSE to shut him down

Let's set aside truth from fiction. Pacemakers, chemo and tooth extractions are still going on. They're called essential services.

Dont need to read any farther because you have no fucking CLUE what''s going on.. EVERYTHING I said is true.. The ADA RECOMMENDED that dental offices close and they MOSTLY ALL did.. NO ONE is getting even EMERGENCY dental work.. The "line" that 911 uses is that if your face is not EXPLODING from infection - then THEY CANNOT help you... There are HUNDREDS of links on links on this from ALL around the country.,.

Similarly, I READ the guidelines for cardiovascular procedures -- and verified it with EMPTY radiology labs and the layoffs in hospitals all around the country.. Pacemakers were considered "non-essential" as were "balloon agioplasties" if the patient is NOT IN CRITICAL CONDITION...

You should NOT EVEN BE advocating positions on "opening up" if you're COMPLETELY naive about what the state of the country really is.. You can get better chronic care in Nairobi right now than anywhere in America.. The hospitals are EMPTY AND DYING.. My daughter is at Vanderbilt Med and its virtually empty. People are AFRAID to call 911 because they dont wantt to GO to the hospital..

Go research this and FIX your damn ignorance... I'm not gonna walk ya thru it...
/—-/ In NY, Dental offices are open for emergency work.

No amount of links will cure a sick mind

Dental emergencies including tooth extractions are occurring in hospital settings.
People have a God given right to tooth cleanings that reduce extractions

Bimboob

Good lord.
Hospitals are not allowed to do dental work kiddy

You are forgetful

Hospitals have on call dentists for emergency services. But its mainly for accident victims, not for routine abscessed teeth...

Abscessed teeth can easily be a dental emergency.

NORMALLY YES.. The folks making the news by pulling their own teeth say --

The father from the UK attempted to call his own dentist but didn’t get through. And when he called emergency services, he was told he “shouldn’t go in until it was restricting my breathing.”

TDS is destroying our healthcare system.. People are hurting.. Missing CHEMO appt. And YOU and the TDS "close it all down man" zero risk folks are killing and harming people...
That’s an article about someone from UK, so not sure what relevance that has in this country.

Emergency dental procedures are being done consistent with guidance from the ADA and the CDC. If some idiots want to pull their own teeth out, that’s their God given right.

The only derangement I see is people exaggerating and conflating.

F U Andy Chomo you gonna shoot him dead because the police are mocking you
People dying over this shit and these fucking retards are opening their businesses. Dont those fucking fools know all thats going to do is extend the stay inside rule?
Crowded Walmart, A Ok.
Small retail with minimal customers, Biblical plague.

Settle down, Francis.
Walmart sells things that are necessary for day to day living.

This guy sells expensive suits to upper class customers. Of course he isn’t going to be punished. We don’t have consequences for the wealthy segment of society.
/——-/ Walmart is banned from NYC, but not elsewhere in the state. Target and Costco that sell food and clothes, have NYC stores and are allowed to be open. These idiotic restrictions are forcing small businesses into bankruptcy, according to NY Lib rag Newsday.

People come out of bankruptcy. They don’t come back from death due to communicable disease.

Why y’all care more about money than lives?
because when our livelyhoods die , so will we

and slowly too

~S~

No amount of FACTS will EVER cure TDS..., In fact, given the degrading critical health services in our country right now -- TDS is gonna KILL a lot of people...

forkin' A !!!

~S~

Dental emergencies including tooth extractions are occurring in hospital settings.

Bimboob

Good lord.

You are forgetful

Hospitals have on call dentists for emergency services. But its mainly for accident victims, not for routine abscessed teeth...

The father from the UK attempted to call his own dentist but didn’t get through. And when he called emergency services, he was told he “shouldn’t go in until it was restricting my breathing.”

TDS is destroying our healthcare system.. People are hurting.. Missing CHEMO appt. And YOU and the TDS "close it all down man" zero risk folks are killing and harming people...
That’s an article about someone from UK, so not sure what relevance that has in this country.

Emergency dental procedures are being done consistent with guidance from the ADA and the CDC. If some idiots want to pull their own teeth out, that’s their God given right.

I know folks that use agri-cillin , as well as other agri-meds here

does that make them bad people because they can't afford decent HC?

~S~

No amount of FACTS will EVER cure TDS..., In fact, given the degrading critical health services in our country right now -- TDS is gonna KILL a lot of people...

forkin' A !!!

~S~

Exactly... I've been watching the feeds and cardiologist are just APPALLED at the drop off in patients presenting for heart pain or stroke... Some report 40% drops in ER arrivals.. Ambulance traffic WAAAAY down.. It's serious biz.. Doctors BEGGING people not to "fight it out" and CALL 911....

It's a mess....

forkin' A !!!

~S~

Exactly... I've been watching the feeds and cardiologist are just APPALLED at the drop off in patients presenting for heart pain or stroke... Some report 40% drops in ER arrivals.. Ambulance traffic WAAAAY down.. It's serious biz.. Doctors BEGGING people not to "fight it out" and CALL 911....

It's a mess....
The weird thing is that no heart attack or stroke patient really has the option to wait this out...................

That said something is wrong that is not humanly possible

Bimboob

Good lord.

You are forgetful

Excuses don't make the ACTUAL problem go away... So just for you I pulled a tear-jerking Obama mentioning, leftist approved article from the WashPost.. I became aware of this because 2 diff callers to a local talk show I listen to detailed their Covid at home DIY tooth extractions.. PRETTY MUCH -- the same experiences and comments from Emer. Services telling them nothing was gonna happen unless "their breathing was inhibited or they were running a temp.. ALSO TOLD you what the policy IS at my local dentist.. There close to ZERO support for dental emergencies right now.. Because dentists choose to close the practices COMPLETELY, rather than the risks of exposures both patient and doc and the fact that PPEquiptment is virtually NONEXISTANT for dental service suppliers right now...

April 13, 2020 at 8:18 a.m. CDT
The pain was going to be worth it. Easter Brown opened her mouth as wide as she could as a dentist yanked out the seven teeth she had left. At 77 years old, she was finally going to get a full set of dentures. She went home toothless that day in February and waited for the call saying her new smile had arrived.

But when her phone rang in March, Brown was told that her dental clinic in the District was almost completely shutting down. The risk of dentists and patients spreading the novel coronavirus was just too high. They promised Brown would get her dentures when the clinic reopened. They just weren’t sure when that would be.

In early April, the ADA extended its recommendation until the end of the month. Now, the dental industry and its patients are beginning to grapple with just how long they can manage without each other.

“Patients are not happy; dentists are not happy. Dentists are worker bees, and we’re not working,” said Steven Guttenberg, president of the D.C. Dental Society. “And when we do work, we’re at greater risk of getting covid-19.”

The nation’s 200,000 dentists are deferring mortgages, applying for loans and laying off staff, desperate to save their practices. Their patients are calling in similar states of panic, with chipped teeth, decaying molars and receding gums, their aching exacerbated by free time and dread.

Together, they are navigating a question becoming only trickier to answer as the virus spreads: When every interaction is a possible exposure, what counts as an emergency?

Two blocks away, her dental clinic at the nonprofit So Others Might Eat (SOME), sat empty, all appointments canceled. With every patient call or referral comes a calculation: How much pain are they in? Do they have an infection? Swelling? Bleeding?

“The last thing we want to do is treat one disease and give them another,” said Berinna Doggett, SOME’s chief clinical officer.

SOME has an entire nonprofit behind it. But three-quarters of dentists in the United States are small-business owners, whose income depends on the number of patients they see.

Raha Yousefi, who owns a general dentistry practice and a boutique periodontal firm in the District, treated up to 20 patients some days. Now, there are zero. And zero income.

She video-called patients and showed them how to take their own stitches out.

She and other dentists in the District keep calling Guttenberg with the same question: “What do we do?” He has no obvious answers or timeline, only requests. If they have extra personal protective equipment, donate it to a local hospital. And if they are willing, sign up to volunteer at those hospitals as backup medical professionals for when the worst of the pandemic comes.

Bimboob

Good lord.

You are forgetful

Excuses don't make the ACTUAL problem go away... So just for you I pulled a tear-jerking Obama mentioning, leftist approved article from the WashPost.. I became aware of this because 2 diff callers to a local talk show I listen to detailed their Covid at home DIY tooth extractions.. PRETTY MUCH -- the same experiences and comments from Emer. Services telling them nothing was gonna happen unless "their breathing was inhibited or they were running a temp.. ALSO TOLD you what the policy IS at my local dentist.. There close to ZERO support for dental emergencies right now.. Because dentists choose to close the practices COMPLETELY, rather than the risks of exposures both patient and doc and the fact that PPEquiptment is virtually NONEXISTANT for dental service suppliers right now...

The pain was going to be worth it. Easter Brown opened her mouth as wide as she could as a dentist yanked out the seven teeth she had left. At 77 years old, she was finally going to get a full set of dentures. She went home toothless that day in February and waited for the call saying her new smile had arrived.

But when her phone rang in March, Brown was told that her dental clinic in the District was almost completely shutting down. The risk of dentists and patients spreading the novel coronavirus was just too high. They promised Brown would get her dentures when the clinic reopened. They just weren’t sure when that would be.

In early April, the ADA extended its recommendation until the end of the month. Now, the dental industry and its patients are beginning to grapple with just how long they can manage without each other.

“Patients are not happy; dentists are not happy. Dentists are worker bees, and we’re not working,” said Steven Guttenberg, president of the D.C. Dental Society. “And when we do work, we’re at greater risk of getting covid-19.”

The nation’s 200,000 dentists are deferring mortgages, applying for loans and laying off staff, desperate to save their practices. Their patients are calling in similar states of panic, with chipped teeth, decaying molars and receding gums, their aching exacerbated by free time and dread.

Together, they are navigating a question becoming only trickier to answer as the virus spreads: When every interaction is a possible exposure, what counts as an emergency?

Two blocks away, her dental clinic at the nonprofit So Others Might Eat (SOME), sat empty, all appointments canceled. With every patient call or referral comes a calculation: How much pain are they in? Do they have an infection? Swelling? Bleeding?

“The last thing we want to do is treat one disease and give them another,” said Berinna Doggett, SOME’s chief clinical officer.

SOME has an entire nonprofit behind it. But three-quarters of dentists in the United States are small-business owners, whose income depends on the number of patients they see.

Raha Yousefi, who owns a general dentistry practice and a boutique periodontal firm in the District, treated up to 20 patients some days. Now, there are zero. And zero income.

She and other dentists in the District keep calling Guttenberg with the same question: “What do we do?” He has no obvious answers or timeline, only requests. If they have extra personal protective equipment, donate it to a local hospital. And if they are willing, sign up to volunteer at those hospitals as backup medical professionals for when the worst of the pandemic comes.
Completely ridiculous that people have to go without teeth or live with pain.
If I got a bad tooth I could care less about the odds of getting Covid.

My wife is furloughed as she works in a surgical vein center and not allowed to open. They wear full protection during the procedure, but are not considered an essential procedure. Seems the person who has horrible leg veins bothering them and causing discomfort are just gonna have to wait. Bet the patient considers it essential though.

Bimboob

Good lord.

You are forgetful

Callers into local radio, huh. Sounds legit.

Just goes to show there’s plenty of idiots out there, doesn’t it.

If your dentist isn’t performing emergency procedures, that’s not my fault. No one mandated that. Guidance from the ADA and CDC is pretty clear.

Bimboob

Good lord.

You are forgetful

Callers into local radio, huh. Sounds legit.

Just goes to show there’s plenty of idiots out there, doesn’t it.

If your dentist isn’t performing emergency procedures, that’s not my fault. No one mandated that. Guidance from the ADA and CDC is pretty clear.
You are a programmed zombie, you are the moronic fool who watches TV and believes whatever the government mind control programmers tell you.

LOL are you still washing your hands 50 times a day to prevent getting an airborne virus? You are probably to dumb to even know that they stopped telling people to wash their hands at the same time they said to wear masks.....

LOL

Bimboob

Good lord.

You are forgetful

Lots of people suffering and dying BECAUSE of the lockdown.. Don't HAVE to exaggerate.. It will be clear in the aftermath of all this... I'm the one here that CARES about that. YOU are motivated to IGNORE all that.. Let's see who wins the compassion and atruism award from the DNC for this act..

Forum List

Back