Strength of British military falls for ninth year

The UK no longer has a colonial empire to defend

They don’t need much to defend their island
Good they don´t mess with the Russian, right?
Don´t get me wrong. I am lucky those regimes have little power to raid other countries.

Russia is not the military powerhouse they once were
NATO can crush them

That is why Putin needs Trump to upset the alliance
I have serious doubts that Nato can crush Russia. In fact, the European militaries are not much of a help. You can hear Trump raging about that. He knows, he cannot take on Russia alone but with those European reserve gear armies it would be even harder.
..if Russia [ USSR ] FAILED, you trust their military is ''just as good''?
The USSR failed but that doesn´t affect the ability of planes to fly. Not anymore.

image.jpg
The table is useless. For example Germany does not have 408 tanks or 710 aircraft. We have twenty-nine Tornados and four Eurofighters ready for combat. 95 tanks ready for combat.
Not a single submarine is ready for combat.
Even brand new stuff is trash. Out of 97 tanks, planes and choppers newly delivered, only 38 were ready for combat.
The table also shows the impressive number of US aircraft but doesn´t take Russia´s exquisite air defense into consideration.

Less than half of German jets ready for action
Bundeswehr: Neue Panzer nur bedingt einsatzbereit - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Politik
Landesverteidigung ungenügend: Mehr als die Hälfte der Leopard-2-Panzer nicht einsatzbereit
Alle U-Boote kaputt - Deutschlands Flotte macht Zwangsurlaub
Russia is the king of empty numbers
Their tanks and planes are mostly targets
China has 750,000 troops, but their primary mission is to control the Chinese population
The ranking is based on all factors

Germany has modern equipment and is well trained

Don´t get me wrong. I am lucky those regimes have little power to raid other countries.

NATO can crush them

I have serious doubts that Nato can crush Russia. In fact, the European militaries are not much of a help. You can hear Trump raging about that. He knows, he cannot take on Russia alone but with those European reserve gear armies it would be even harder.
The USSR failed but that doesn´t affect the ability of planes to fly. Not anymore.

They may be able to fly “most” of the planes but most are obsolete, poorly maintained and the pilots are poorly trained

Targets

NATO can crush them

Russia is a paper tiger
They have large numbers of troops, tanks, planes, ships

But they are poorly trained, poorly maintained and obsolete.

Those allies could easily handle Russia
In fact, times of Jelzin are over and the Russian military is back.
Vladimir Putin says Russia's military is stronger than any potential foe

Do you really believe Putin thinks his military is stronger than the US?

NATO can crush them

They may be able to fly “most” of the planes but most are obsolete, poorly maintained and the pilots are poorly trained

Targets
Russia´s air force is modernizing. Not to be underestimated. However, before a plane can reach striking distance of a plane, a S-400 missile got it.

NATO can crush them

Russia is a paper tiger
They have large numbers of troops, tanks, planes, ships

But they are poorly trained, poorly maintained and obsolete.

Those allies could easily handle Russia
In fact, times of Jelzin are over and the Russian military is back.
Vladimir Putin says Russia's military is stronger than any potential foe

Do you really believe Putin thinks his military is stronger than the US?
All he needs to do is protecting his forces from air raids. And he has the means to do that.
You are talking about obsolete stuff but all your stuff is still from the cold war.

The table is useless. For example Germany does not have 408 tanks or 710 aircraft. We have twenty-nine Tornados and four Eurofighters ready for combat. 95 tanks ready for combat.
Not a single submarine is ready for combat.
Even brand new stuff is trash. Out of 97 tanks, planes and choppers newly delivered, only 38 were ready for combat.
The table also shows the impressive number of US aircraft but doesn´t take Russia´s exquisite air defense into consideration.

Less than half of German jets ready for action
Bundeswehr: Neue Panzer nur bedingt einsatzbereit - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Politik
Landesverteidigung ungenügend: Mehr als die Hälfte der Leopard-2-Panzer nicht einsatzbereit
Alle U-Boote kaputt - Deutschlands Flotte macht Zwangsurlaub
Russia is the king of empty numbers
Their tanks and planes are mostly targets
China has 750,000 troops, but their primary mission is to control the Chinese population
The ranking is based on all factors

Germany has modern equipment and is well trained
Their tanks are considered the best, alongside their air defense. The Chinese military numbers 2 million by the way.

NATO can crush them

Targets
Russia´s air force is modernizing. Not to be underestimated. However, before a plane can reach striking distance of a plane, a S-400 missile got it.

Very true
Fighter planes and bombers are becoming obsolete
But stealth technology makes planes harder to intercept
Drones and cruise are the future

Targets

Very true

Drones are the future
The US military will never abandon manned aircraft. Drones are upcoming but easily downed. Many drones were downed in the Syrian war for example.

Targets

Very true

Drones are the future
The US military will never abandon manned aircraft. Drones are upcoming but easily downed. Many drones were downed in the Syrian war for example.
That is why we are fielding stealth technology

Our drones are not designed for air to air combat. But taking a pilot out of the equation allows the drone to be smaller, more maneuverable and withstand more G forces
Also, nobody cares if a drone is lost
We do care if a pilot is lost

Targets

Very true

Drones are the future

Our drones are not designed for air to air combat. But taking a pilot out of the equation allows the drone to be smaller, more maneuverable and withstand more G forces
I thought they would use them in tandem??
like they would drone and manned tanks?

Targets

Very true

Drones are the future

The Russians say stealth is overestimated and their air defense can hit stealth planes. Also, in a war Russia vs USA, the most expensive stuff doesn´t count but the most available stuff. So it will be a war of F-16 and F-15.

Targets

Very true

Drones are the future

The Russians say stealth is overestimated and their air defense can hit stealth planes. Also, in a war Russia vs USA, the most expensive stuff doesn´t count but the most available stuff. So it will be a war of F-16 and F-15.

Can’t hit what you can’t see
They say it is overestimated because they don’t have it

The most expensive stuff will provide the most lethality and be the least vulnerable

Russia Makes Some of the Deadliest Weapons on Earth (But There Is a Problem)

Very true

Drones are the future

The most expensive stuff will provide the most lethality and be the least vulnerable

Stealth is overestimated. Serbian S-200 shot down stealth bombers and Syrian S-200 even defeated a F-35i.
The more expensive stuff becomes the less combat power you get per buck.
However, Russians have to deal with the sanctions, I don´t think they will forget.
I hoped, the whole scenario would become obsolete with Trump becoming US President but as we can see, the who doesn´t matter.

Our economy is the engine of the fucking planet. SOrry that we can't always be pulling you along as much as you would like.

We would improve it if we could. We are trying. But we have a lot of morons who want to just give up.
The vast share of the US economy is subjected to US consumption. How can that affect us? In fact, when there is a decline of German money making in the US, that doesn´t affect us, as well. I will still go out and buy my stuff, do exactly like I did before. That´s fear mongering of US agents. If the US goes down, we won´t have a real problem.

I'm sure that you just happen to have a 70 billion a year trade surplus with US, and that you don't care about that money at all.

The typical nonsense from Trump - he is not calculating the US-services as for example operating systems, internet companies like Amazon and so on. Asides: The shareholders of German companies are in most cases not Germans. Germans are in general not big shareholders - nowhere - in no country - also not in the own country. Indeed we are not a rich country - we are hard workers, that's all.

1. Standard government data, nothing to do with Trump at all.

... No. I say nothing about Trump and what he lies or what he reads ... Everything is so unbelievable stupid what this man says and what he is doing ... A waste of time ...

Your words, from above. :"The typical nonsense from Trump "

And then you come back at me, can claim that you "say nothing about Trump"?

I see this from lefties all the time. THey attack Trump for "lies" or saying "unbelievable stupid", but in their statements and claims, they end up lying and saying unbelievable stupid shit.

And always, without the slightest hint of self awareness.

Our economy is the engine of the fucking planet. SOrry that we can't always be pulling you along as much as you would like.

We would improve it if we could. We are trying. But we have a lot of morons who want to just give up.
The vast share of the US economy is subjected to US consumption. How can that affect us? In fact, when there is a decline of German money making in the US, that doesn´t affect us, as well. I will still go out and buy my stuff, do exactly like I did before. That´s fear mongering of US agents. If the US goes down, we won´t have a real problem.

I'm sure that you just happen to have a 70 billion a year trade surplus with US, and that you don't care about that money at all.

The typical nonsense from Trump - he is not calculating the US-services as for example operating systems, internet companies like Amazon and so on. Asides: The shareholders of German companies are in most cases not Germans. Germans are in general not big shareholders - nowhere - in no country - also not in the own country. Indeed we are not a rich country - we are hard workers, that's all.

... No. I say nothing about Trump and what he lies or what he reads ... Everything is so unbelievable stupid what this man says and what he is doing ... A waste of time ...

2. If you have a link making the case that such numbers are wildly inaccurate, I would be happy to take a look.

Make a link to your brain and learn to think on your own.

Got it, you can't back up your claim.

2. If you have a link making the case that such numbers are wildly inaccurate, I would be happy to take a look.

Make a link to your brain and learn to think on your own.

3. Until then, you guys seem to have a policy of large Trade surplus, presumably because your citizens vote for politicians who think that is good for your citizens. I understand why you would deny this.

What for heavens sake has Germany to do with the USA? Nothing at all, isn't it? So how comes your unbelievable stupid president to the idea he has to tell Germany what it has to do or not to do? When he likes not to buy something then no one forces him to buy something. His problem - not the problem of anyone else in the world.

BLEIPRIESTER was complaining about how economic problems of the US, were effecting or going to be effecting Germany.

That is what the topic was, when you jumped into the thread.

The surplus is good for looking at it but it has no effect here on the ground. The most German exports go to EU member states, anyway.

Where you also have a healthy surplus.

Don't get me wrong. I think you guys are on to something. I've often cited your trade balance as something we should try to emulate.

AND your manufacturing employment.
In fact, those morons are exporting a lot of production means to China, burying their own market. You shouldn´t emulate that.

Interesting. First I have heard of this.

The surplus is good for looking at it but it has no effect here on the ground. The most German exports go to EU member states, anyway.

Where you also have a healthy surplus.

Don't get me wrong. I think you guys are on to something. I've often cited your trade balance as something we should try to emulate.

AND your manufacturing employment.
In fact, those morons are exporting a lot of production means to China, burying their own market. You shouldn´t emulate that.

Interesting. First I have heard of this.
It is not new. It would be better for us if they would buy products not productions means that will make us buy their products. That´s all due to short term profit maximization. However, that´s the "free" market. It is always looking for the cheapest labor.

Export of machines from Germany to China

Very true

Drones are the future

Stealth is overestimated. Serbian S-200 shot down stealth bombers and Syrian S-200 even defeated a F-35i.
The more expensive stuff becomes the less combat power you get per buck.
However, Russians have to deal with the sanctions, I don´t think they will forget.
I hoped, the whole scenario would become obsolete with Trump becoming US President but as we can see, the who doesn´t matter.

Did a Russian Made S-200 Missile Strike an Israeli F-35 Back in 2017?

However, the evidence cited by Southfront seems rather tenuous. Hours after the Israeli military announced the strike on the Syrian missile battery, Israeli media reported that an Israeli F-35 had been damaged by a bird strike two weeks before (Google translationhere). The plane reportedly landed safely, but the Israeli Air Force did admit that it wasn’t sure whether the plane will fly again. Israel has taken delivery of only seven F-35Is so far, with a total of fifty on order.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back