🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Strict ID voter law approved in Michigan house

She's like, "Holy shit. How did he know my hair was dirty?"

This reminds me..

We need to bring back the lunatic asylums. Put people to work building them, then fill them up with the crazy people who pose a threat to normal, decent people.

Sounds waaaay too Stalinist to me. Just sayin...

I know, they ruined it for everybody.

But there is a place for loony bins..we need them.
Blame the conservative Republicans. Reagan got rid
of mental health facilities in order to save money and now you want them back.

No, it wasn't Reagan. It was the dem congress. You lose again.
Oh boy are you full of sh*t.

Did Reagan’s Crazy Mental Health Policies Cause Today’s Homelessness? – Poverty Insights

Over 30 years ago, when Reagan was elected President in 1980, he discarded a law proposed by his predecessor that would have continued funding federal community mental health centers. This basically eliminated services for people struggling with mental illness.

He made similar decisions while he was the governor of California, releasing more than half of the state’s mental hospital patients and passing a law that abolished involuntary hospitalization of people struggling with mental illness. This started a national trend of de-institutionalization.

"The records show that the politicians were dogged by the image and financial problems posed by the state hospitals and that the scientific and medical establishment sold Congress and the state legislatures a quick fix for a complicated problem that was bought sight unseen."

"Dr. John A. Talbott, president of the American Psychiatric Association, said, ''The psychiatrists involved in the policy making at that time certainly oversold community treatment, and our credibility today is probably damaged because of it.'' He said the policies ''were based partly on wishful thinking, partly on the enormousness of the problem and the lack of a silver bullet to resolve it, then as now.''

"The original policy changes were backed by scores of national professional and philanthropic organizations and several hundred people prominent in medicine, academia and politics."

"One of the most influential groups in bringing about the new national policy was the Joint Commission on Mental Illness and Health, an independent body set up by Congress in 1955. One of its two surviving members, Dr. M. Brewster Smith, a University of California psychologist who served as vice president, said the commission took the direction it did because of ''the sort of overselling that happens in almost every interchange between science and government.''

''Extravagant claims were made for the benefits of shifting from state hospitals to community clinics,'' Dr. Smith said. ''The professional community made mistakes and was overly optimistic..."

"Charles Schlaifer, a New York advertising executive who served as secretary-treasurer of the group, said he was now disgusted with the advice presented by leading psychiatrists of that day. ''Tranquilizers became the panacea for the mentally ill,'' he said. ''The state programs were buying them by the carload, sending the drugged patients back to the community and the psychiatrists never tried to stop this. Local mental health centers were going to be the greatest thing going, but no one wanted to think it through.''

HOW RELEASE OF MENTAL PATIENTS BEGAN

I get you, but the only reason these laws are passed is to suppress the vote. It has been proven that voter fraud is extremely rare.

You know that's not true, but you're saying it anyways. It's not rare. Even the president was openly encouraging illegals to vote.

Take Detroit for example. Who is gonna suppress black vote in the city where blacks are controlling everything.

And in the same city, as last election shows, half of precincts have number of votes different than number of ballots. They can claim old and broken machines, and other excuses, but that didn't prevent them from verifying the results anyway. Democrats were so sure they will win that they didn't care about recount.

Do you see benefit of voter ID there?
I can't find a single reputable source that doesn't acknowledge that voter fraud is rare.

Please provide me with ONE link from a source that isn't heavily biased to the right that shows voter fraud is common

Do you mind if I ask, what would be for you reputable source from where you'd accept the information?

Forum List

Back