Strong and stable May cancels Queens Speech

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Theresa May could delay Queen's Speech after humiliating election result

Primarily because she hasnt got a deal with the Shankill Butchers.

One of their requests is that Farage is made part of the negotiating team. Oh and he gets a peerage as well.

Arise Sir Nigel de Knobhead !!
DUP could demand Nigel Farage plays role in Brexit negotiations

Meanwhile the start of the brexit talks is already 3 months overdue and the EU are concerned that time is running out to get any sort of deal.
Britain, EU fail to agree Brexit talks start date

European Commission spokesman Alexander Winterstein earlier declined to provide a likely start date.

"When will be the point from moving to talking about talks, to more detailed talks, I cannot say. This doesn't depend entirely on us," Winterstein told a daily briefing.

Brussels has warned that time is running out to start the talks on divorce terms and a future trade deal, with Britain set to leave the EU come what may in March 2019.

European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker said last Friday that Brussels would be ready "at half past nine" the next morning if Britain was ready.

London has said it wants the Barnier-Davis talks to start as scheduled next Monday, but since Thursday's election it has not formally committed to the date.

C-b2uxyXoAEBfFn.jpg

Update - they have now delayed the speech for what has to be the best excuse ever.

Queen's Speech delayed because it has to be printed on goatskin paper that takes days for ink to dry
The Queens Speech has been delayed many times, most recently in 2010 and ?1993 - it usually occurs when arrangements have to be made for coalitions and for confidence and supply arrangements. Surely you knew that, Tammy?
But this is because....................the ink wont dry !:badgrin:

Lets be honest it will take them weeks to think up anything that they can put in it. They could write it on a fag packet in crayon.

Update - they have now delayed the speech for what has to be the best excuse ever.

Queen's Speech delayed because it has to be printed on goatskin paper that takes days for ink to dry
The Queens Speech has been delayed many times, most recently in 2010 and ?1993 - it usually occurs when arrangements have to be made for coalitions and for confidence and supply arrangements. Surely you knew that, Tammy?

Lets be honest it will take them weeks to think up anything that they can put in it. They could write it on a fag packet in crayon.
Like I said, the Queens speech has been delayed many times before, and this is expected when coalitions and confidence and supply arrangements have to be hammered out. It can't even be put to paper until these negotiations have been finalised, so how can there be a Queens speech before that has happened?. The fact you don't know this is not at all surprising to me.

Like I said, the Queens speech has been delayed many times before, and this is expected when coalitions and confidence and supply arrangements have to be hammered out. It can't even be put to paper until these negotiations have been finalised, so how can there be a Queens speech before that has happened?. The fact you don't know this is not at all surprising to me.
Tilly you crack me up. Keep deflecting old girl. Wot Wot !!

Deflecting? You mean you have never noticed that the Queens Speech is delayed whilst coalitions and similar post election arrangements are made? Really? Do you want links to all the times this has happened? Do you really live in the U.K.? Lol.

Deflecting? You mean you have never noticed that the Queens Speech is delayed whilst coalitions and similar post election arrangements are made? Really? Do you want links to all the times this has happened? Do you really live in the U.K.? Lol.
Yup,ok. What do you think will be in this speech if it ever happens ?

Have you now given up trying to misrepresent and spin this delay as something completely out of the ordinary?

Have you now given up trying to misrepresent and spin this delay as something completely out of the ordinary?
Where are you going with this Tilly ? The delay is because the tories fucked up. They pissed away a 20 point lead and are now sucking up to terrorists. You enjoy your "victory" girl because its not fair that I should have all the fun.

Where are you going with this Tilly ? The delay is because the tories fucked up. They pissed away a 20 point lead and are now sucking up to terrorists. You enjoy your "victory" girl because its not fair that I should have all the fun.
So you do now realise the Queens Speech is always delayed when post election coalitions and similar arrangements are made? You do finally accept that there is nothing remotely unusual (or indeed interesting) about this fairly frequent occurrence?
Yes?
So glad to be of help :)

So you do now realise the Queens Speech is always delayed when post election coalitions and similar arrangements are made? You do finally accept that there is nothing remotely unusual (or indeed interesting) about this fairly frequent occurrence?
Yes?
So glad to be of help :)
Because the tories fucked up.

Heres an article referring to the delays. Put a spin on that.

#DUP dismay causes #QueensSpeech delay as tensions and fears rise in NI
There's nothing to spin. The Queens Speech is always delayed whilst coalition and other post election arrangements are made. It's happened many times before, most recently in 2010 when Cameron got fewer votes than May. You can't have a Queens Speech before all arrangements are finalised and put to parchment. And Then the ink has to dry! ;)
Why are you so uniformed about such procedures, Tammy? :eusa_think: Lol.

Forum List

Back