ST's BP Rantings

A fisherman, who was among nine cleanup workers airlifted to New Orleans-area hospitals with signs of illness last week, filed a complaint in federal court Sunday alleging that BP made him take a decontamination shower and confiscated his clothes before he entered West Jefferson Medical Center. The fisherman, James Wunstell of Galliano, is asking a federal judge to order BP to stop taking items that could provide evidence of the dispersants' toxic effect.

"At West Jefferson, there were tents set up outside the hospital, where I was stripped of my clothing, washed with water and several showers, before I was allowed into the hospital," said Wunstell in a sworn statement from his hospital bed Saturday. "When I asked for my clothing, I was told that BP had confiscated my clothing and it would not be returned."

BP clashes with critics on Gulf of Mexico oil crisis response | NOLA.com

Yeah...it's always sound policy after DECONTAMINATING SOMEONE that you return their contaminated clothes to them so they can re-contaminate themselves....:cuckoo:

no kidding.

A fisherman, who was among nine cleanup workers airlifted to New Orleans-area hospitals with signs of illness last week, filed a complaint in federal court Sunday alleging that BP made him take a decontamination shower and confiscated his clothes before he entered West Jefferson Medical Center. The fisherman, James Wunstell of Galliano, is asking a federal judge to order BP to stop taking items that could provide evidence of the dispersants' toxic effect.

"At West Jefferson, there were tents set up outside the hospital, where I was stripped of my clothing, washed with water and several showers, before I was allowed into the hospital," said Wunstell in a sworn statement from his hospital bed Saturday. "When I asked for my clothing, I was told that BP had confiscated my clothing and it would not be returned."

Yeah...it's always sound policy after DECONTAMINATING SOMEONE that you return their contaminated clothes to them so they can re-contaminate themselves....:cuckoo:

Decontaminated? From what? Corexit isn't on the federal list of hazardous substances - and BP maintains it is safe - so why would they need to decontaminate someone from a chemical they think is safe? Hmmmmmm.

Last edited:

Decontaminated? From what? Corexit isn't on the federal list of hazardous substances - and BP maintains it is safe - so why would they need to decontaminate someone from a chemical they think is safe? Hmmmmmm.

Once again you have failed....Look up the MSDS sheet on the chemical on line and read it...hmmmmmm...thought someone with extensive lab experience would know what a goddam MSDS sheet is....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....but since you are apparently incapable of rational thought and a fan of knee jerk reactionary thinking I will provide it for all to see.
http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/posted/2931/Corexit_EC9527A_MSDS.539295.pdf

Last edited:
Man oh man, is that all the people do down in Louisiana is, bitch?

what a bunch of whiny assed people.

First Katrina, now this.

Don't you have a cock to suck you fat whore bitch?

tickledpink.gif

Once again you have failed....Look up the MSDS sheet on the chemical on line and read it...hmmmmmm...thought someone with extensive lab experience would know what a goddam MSDS sheet is....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....but since you are apparently incapable of rational thought and a fan of knee jerk reactionary thinking I will provide it for all to see.
http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/posted/2931/Corexit_EC9527A_MSDS.539295.pdf

those evil bastards from BP acted correctly-damn them, damn them all
:lol:
from the MSDS:
Keep an eye wash fountain available. Keep a safety shower available. If clothing is contaminated, remove clothing and thoroughly wash the affected area. Launder contaminated clothing before reuse.

I know what an MSDS sheet is, thanks. After you get over your amazement with yourself, please explain why you brought it up.

from the MSDS:
Keep an eye wash fountain available. Keep a safety shower available. If clothing is contaminated, remove clothing and thoroughly wash the affected area. Launder contaminated clothing before reuse.

Where does it say to confiscate contaminated clothing and never return it to the owner?

from the MSDS:

Where does it say to confiscate contaminated clothing and never return it to the owner?

oh, you've got me there. there's no mention of it on the MSDS sheet. good for you. :thup:

unfortunately, your own link points out that BP was following OSHA regulations:

"BP spokesman John Curry declined to comment on pending litigation, but it appears that BP was simply following federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, which require decontamination of people working in hazardous materials zones and proper collection and disposal of their protective clothing."

:rofl:

dope

from the MSDS:

oh, you've got me there. there's no mention of it on the MSDS sheet. good for you. :thup:

"BP spokesman John Curry declined to comment on pending litigation, but it appears that BP was simply following federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, which require decontamination of people working in hazardous materials zones and proper collection and disposal of their protective clothing."

dope

OSHA does not require decontamination for Corexit
. In fact, if you read the MSDS sheet that dickface linked a few pages ago, you'd see OSHA doesn't consider Corexit hazardous.

OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION RULE, 29 CFR 1910.1200 :
Based on our hazard evaluation, none of the substances in this product are hazardous.

So why is BP decontaminating people from something neither they nor OSHA thinks is hazardous?

Its interesting how you take any word from a BP officials mouth as truth - simply because its coming from a mega-corporations mouth. What reason would they have to lie?

Last edited:

I know what an MSDS sheet is, thanks. After you get over your amazement with yourself, please explain why you brought it up.

You claimed BP is stealing the clothing of clean up workers for no good reason...I slapped you back into reality and you can't figure why I posted the MSDS sheet clearly stating the chemicals present require decontaminating people with prolonged exposure???

Dude...I hope none of your professors read this board...you will end up with a Doctorate in Dumbassedness.

Last edited:
from the MSDS:

dope

Just imagine the hysterical rants that we'd have from Whinyman if BP did not follow OSHA. It appears that, to Whinyman, whatever BP does he will criticize and whine about. He's funny.

Forum List

Back