Student Debt Forgiveness knocked down

He didn't try.
Yea, he simply campaigned on it.....because he knew reactionary right-wing morons will lap it up and not give a fuck if it is constitutional or not....and what makes it funnier is.....Trump got the idea from Bush......which makes right-wingers even more full of shit....

"If the Trump administration decides to implement a registry for Muslims entering the United States, it has a model: the U.S. put a registration system in place after 9/11. During the presidential campaign, Donald Trump suggested that he might favor creating a database for Muslims who enter the United States. At other times, he has called for extreme vetting for people from terror-prone countries. The U.S. government actually once had a system that could serve as a model for this. After 9/11, the Bush administration established a registry called NSEERS."

I guess adopting the policies of the Bush admin isn't that bad if you sprinkle on some racist xenophobia on top....

Also for the lib loon liars
This does NOT preclude bankruptcy. Very very few are bankrupted by this. They just wanted a freebie way out because the wishes for it and felt it was”fair”. All this sappy emotive bullshit had taken three big hits this week!
Yea, more people are bankrupted by medical bills.......which is why if less people had access to healthcare in the first place, they wouldn't be having high medical bills in the first place...

Less access to health means fewer undeserving people clogging up our health care system and running up costs for real Americans...

My understanding of the original law was that in unusual and specific individual cases, the President can waive a student loan obligation, but that was not intended to be a blanket authorization for loan forgiveness for thousands or millions of people. I am not sure if Congress changes the law to allow that, would it be constitutional? But in any case, that is not the situation here cuz the current law does not allow it.

Am I correct that the President can still forgive a student loan (1) for sufficient reasons? I don't think anyone would bitch about that.

My understanding of the original law was that in unusual and specific individual cases, the President can waive a student loan obligation, but that was not intended to be a blanket authorization for loan forgiveness for thousands or millions of people. I am not sure if Congress changes the law to allow that, would it be constitutional? But in any case, that is not the situation here cuz the current law does not allow it.

Am I correct that the President can still forgive a student loan (1) for sufficient reasons? I don't think anyone would bitch about that.

In very limited cases, he can and he did.....but an all out forgiveness on debt, no.....it's not the end of the world, I understand why he did it politically because it did play well with younger voters...but the decision was the right one

Because the Court felt things like who pays what which is basically what student loan forgiveness is, is up to Congress since they are the ones who control the purse strings...

The Conservative justices even quoted Pelosi in their decision......because back when those to the left of her were pressuring her and Biden to just cancel student debt by EO -- she said he doesn't have the power.....she was right and the ruling is right

View attachment 800212
OK, thanks. But not a given such a law could ever be passed and second, no guarantee they would rule such a law constitutional (due to benefiting only a specific group thus issue with equal protection).

"About him" :rolleyes:
Show me HIS words.
Got it.....you suck dick until blindness..

Well when your sight comes back....here is what he said....

"Mr Trump said he said he would bring in “a lot of systems” that could track Muslims, after signing them up in various places across the country. When asked by NBC whether Muslims would be legally obliged to register on the database, Mr Trump replied: “They have to be, they have to be.” Asked to confirm whether he would introduce the policy against Muslims if he won the White House he said: “I would certainly implement that, absolutely.”

Funny how this unconstitutional act played well with right-wingers but a guy trying to cancel student loan debt is like a second holocaust to wealth class worshipping right-wingers

You guys and your "gender studies" bromides....don't you ever get tired of being a caricature?

Fewer Americans will go to college for any degree. What will corporate America do? Decide they don't need to hire engineers or systems analysts or the occasional gender studies graduate? Nope. They'll just import some from overseas and you'll be bitching that they are not hiring Americans.

Your self-fulfilling misery will never end.
My dad made a modest living, and I went to college - got a 4.0 in my engineering major. As a result, everyone wanted to hire me, and I paid off my college loan in my first year after graduation.

My kids went to college and I paid for it all without any assistance.

College pays for itself when it is worthwhile. The people who are unable to pay back their loans probably shouldn't have gone to college anyway. There are tons of jobs available.

And anytime you make something "free" (paid for by the taxpayer), the costs naturally increase.

PS: Yes, we engineers like to poke fun at Liberal Arts majors, but some of them call touche' and land jobs in HR and then make us do things like wear masks and stand on dots on the floor.

Last edited:
OK, thanks. But not a given such a law could ever be passed and second, no guarantee they would rule such a law constitutional (due to benefiting only a specific group thus issue with equal protection).
It won't be passed...

Which is why Biden doing something at the margins to give relief to some Americans made right-wingers so angry....

And which why this ruling brought them so much joy...this has been a very good week for conservatives tho.....supreme court picks matter...

Probably why so many mainstream democrats are upset with the 2016 "I'm voting for Trump because Bernie isn't the candidate" voters....

And anytime you make something "free" (paid for by the taxpayer), the costs naturally increase.
In addition, free things (including college) can be taken for granted:
My parents paid for my undergraduate degree and my grades were lackluster (to put in mildly).
I paid for half my Masters and took out loans for the 2nd half (which I paid back) - finished with a 3.9 GPA (damn research statistics).

Pass a law forgiving the debt, allocate the money to pay it.

Simple.

Create a whole generation of people who learned they don't need to be responsible for the obligations that they agreed to and were never forced into.

Simple

But that's the point. The government took over management of the loans. WHich means they SHOULD have the option of forgiving the debt, which is what Biden tried to do.

And SCOTUS never said the government can't do it. They said Biden isn't a dictator and simply can't wave his hand and forgive it. It has to be passed through Congress and I guarantee Biden knew that from Day One. He lied to get votes from gullible and desperate people.

oh, I agree.

Two years of national service, and free college for everyone.

Problem solved.

Fine by me

I am betting the Repubs hear a lot about this one during the Presidential election. I really thought this was just a campaign issue.
Yes, they will be thanked for not forcing the lower-middle class to pay off the loans of college-educated, six-figure earners who AGREED TO PAY THEIR OWN LOANS!

It won't be passed...

Which is why Biden doing something at the margins to give relief to some Americans made right-wingers so angry....

And which why this ruling brought them so much joy...this has been a very good week for conservatives tho.....supreme court picks matter...

Probably why so many mainstream democrats are upset with the 2016 "I'm voting for Trump because Bernie isn't the candidate" voters....
The “some Americans” he chose to give relief to are in the highest category of earners, while giving the middle finger to those in the working class.

In very limited cases, he can and he did.....but an all out forgiveness on debt, no.....it's not the end of the world, I understand why he did it politically because it did play well with younger voters...but the decision was the right one

But are you being serious, or is this just another one of your sarcasm cluster fucks?

Forum List

Back