Student Debt Forgiveness knocked down

Jonathan Turley: students will now view themselves as "chumps" or "victims", they were "played", this was a "Cynical overreach", Biden needs to go back and do it through Congress if he can

But are you being serious, or is this just another one of your sarcasm cluster fucks?
In limited cases, he could forgive student loan debt, more broadly he could delay it..but it would take an act of Congress to outright eliminate it....

You are more than welcome to refute a single word I said....

If what Pelosi said was wrong, why did the Supreme court quote her in their decision?

Fz4Vph4XgAEfjBB.jpg

Fairness? You mean denying a student the ability to declare bankruptcy on a loan, like Donald Trump did 6 times, and the banks those students owe the loans to that were bailed out 4 times to the tune of trillions of dollars?

That’s fairness to you?

What bank is it you work for again?
🤡🤡🤡

Can't discharge student loan debt......

"For too long, a myth has persisted that student loans are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. The myth is not true because, in fact, student loans can be discharged bankruptcy. We have seen the Department of Education take important steps to ensure that bankruptcy relief is available to federal student loan borrowers. It is vital that private student loan borrowers also receive the relief the Bankruptcy Code provides —and that loan owners, lenders, servicers, and debt collectors honor that relief when a bankruptcy judge discharges a consumer’s debts."

"For too long, a myth has persisted that student loans are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. The myth is not true because, in fact, student loans can be discharged bankruptcy. We have seen the Department of Education take important steps to ensure that bankruptcy relief is available to federal student loan borrowers. It is vital that private student loan borrowers also receive the relief the Bankruptcy Code provides —and that loan owners, lenders, servicers, and debt collectors honor that relief when a bankruptcy judge discharges a consumer’s debts."

Yes and I addressed that lib loon lie a couple pages ago
They can file bankruptcy but don’t get a President free pass (so they will vote for him)

Unfortunately, you are probably right. It is still the correct ruling.
How will it not help Republicans? There are a lot more high-school educated lower-middle class voters than there are affluent college-educated professionals.

My dad made a modest living, and I went to college - got a 4.0 in my engineering major. As a result, everyone wanted to hire me, and I paid off my college loan in my first year after graduation.

My kids went to college and I paid for it all without any assistance.

College pays for itself when it is worthwhile. The people who are unable to pay back their loans probably shouldn't have gone to college anyway. There are tons of jobs available.

And anytime you make something "free" (paid for by the taxpayer), the costs naturally increase.

PS: Yes, we engineers like to poke fun at Liberal Arts majors, but some of them call touche' and land jobs in HR and then make us do things like wear masks and stand on dots on the floor.
I get the distinct feeling Candycorn was a Gender Studies major.

The myth is believing student loan debt in bankruptcy is treated like other debt...there is a reason why there is general belief that student loan debt isn't erased by bankruptcy....because due to law, it is usually much more difficult to discharge it...

So I am sure you will have no problem with making that debt easier to declare bankruptcy on.....

How will it not help Republicans? There are a lot more high-school educated lower-middle class voters than there are affluent college-educated professionals.

I doubt this is something that will grow Republican support among the lower-class voters that weren't already gonna vote for them anyway.....

But canceling that debt definitely grew Biden's support when he campaigned on doing it....which is why he tried it in the first place....

You know what else is popular with lower and middle class voters?

Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security....

and it took Biden putting Republicans on the spot to get them to pledge they wouldn't cut those programs..even tho they are lying..

The myth is believing student loan debt in bankruptcy is treated like other debt...there is a reason why there is general belief that student loan debt isn't erased by bankruptcy....because due to law, it is usually much more difficult to discharge it...

So I am sure you will have no problem with making that debt easier to declare bankruptcy on.....
There is no historical precedents already established that single out student loan bankruptcy as”far more difficult than others” it’s simply too new of an issue to have a track record
Start thinking and being truthful and stop with the weepy lies.

There is no historical precedents already established that single out student loan bankruptcy as”far more difficult than others” it’s simply too new of an issue to have a track record
There is no logical reason for the government to pay off student loans for irresponsible people.

Yeah, that would be really smart. Declare BK just when you're starting out in the real world.
Ruin your credit score, make it harder or impossible to get a loan that is needed along the way,
Pay higher interest rates for at least the next 7 years.
Yeah, that would really be smart. :rolleyes-41:

Sure bro..

"the Bankruptcy Code provides a more difficult test for relief (a showing of “undue hardship”) and an extra step in the process (an “adversary proceeding,” essentially a lawsuit within the bankruptcy)"

Yeah, that would be really smart. Declare BK just when you're starting out in the real world.
Ruin your credit score, make it harder or impossible to get a loan that is needed along the way,
Pay higher interest rates for at least the next 7 years.
Yeah, that would really be smart. :rolleyes-41:
I doubt anyone will declare BK just because of student loans......there are far better things to declare BK for...like healthcare

Plus government assistance for debt forgiveness is not for regular people anyway....that ain't how capitalism works

How will it help Republicans?
The college student/ graduate voters who were counting on the loan forgiveness will now believe that it was the mean, mean Republicans who took away their $.
And you can bet your a** that is what the Dems will be telling them.

Forum List

Back