Students at West Texas school district feel safe with staff who carry concealed weapons

I know. This makes so much sense. The liberal ability to reject common sense and reason continues to amaze me. You'd think that on something like keeping our kids safe, liberals would put aside their ideology and use their brains. Arming teachers is a quick, inexpensive, commonsense way, not to mention a proven way, to protect school children from mass shootings.

Lanza capped himself in the head with a Glock, after he was cornered. Most shooters do that once they realize someone is standing up to them.

I'm not saying we should NOT do anything to protect ourselves, or the schools. But we sure as hell better not stop there, because that's like trying to slap a band aid on a severed artery.

Your statement is kinda silly when you consider the focus right now.
There wont be any meaningful gun bans because they dont work and Americans wont stand for them.

If liberals dont stand for armed teachers or armed guards they're on the shitty end of the stick.

Wait, what is silly about it?

Well first of all this statement....

"But we sure as hell better not stop there, because that's like trying to slap a band aid on a severed artery.
"

What exactly does that mean?

It means that just putting guards in schools isn't going to really solve the gun violence problem. Or even the school shooting problem.

I'm convinced it all stems from a mixture of a few different things: 1) males, especially the young, kind of floundering in modern society, uncertain of what they're supposed to aspire to be, unable to dedicate themselves to excellence, too often disillusioned with overwhelmed mothers and absent fathers, 2) the instant gratification culture of social media, sensationalism, and internet infamy, 3) a country that is very, very bad at regulating weapons.

Your solution does not even come close to touching the root causes. After all, AR-15's and other semi-auto and fully-auto weapons have been around for ages. Since the 40's and beyond. Yet the first publicized school shootings were in the sixties, I believe, and we only continued to climb from there to reach the rate of mass shootings we see today, school or otherwise. These guys are using the same weapons that have been around for ages, so it's not like that's changed. It's young men who have changed. Or, rather, the lack of responsibility, expectations of achievement, and supervision in their lives[/QUOTE]

Holy shit you like to hear yourself talk!!!

I'm not saying we should NOT do anything to protect ourselves, or the schools. But we sure as hell better not stop there, because that's like trying to slap a band aid on a severed artery.

There wont be any meaningful gun bans because they dont work and Americans wont stand for them.

If liberals dont stand for armed teachers or armed guards they're on the shitty end of the stick.

"But we sure as hell better not stop there, because that's like trying to slap a band aid on a severed artery.
"

It means that just putting guards in schools isn't going to really solve the gun violence problem. Or even the school shooting problem.

I'm convinced it all stems from a mixture of a few different things: 1) males, especially the young, kind of floundering in modern society, uncertain of what they're supposed to aspire to be, unable to dedicate themselves to excellence, too often disillusioned with overwhelmed mothers and absent fathers, 2) the instant gratification culture of social media, sensationalism, and internet infamy, 3) a country that is very, very bad at regulating weapons.

Your solution does not even come close to touching the root causes. After all, AR-15's and other semi-auto and fully-auto weapons have been around for ages. Since the 40's and beyond. Yet the first publicized school shootings were in the sixties, I believe, and we only continued to climb from there to reach the rate of mass shootings we see today, school or otherwise. These guys are using the same weapons that have been around for ages, so it's not like that's changed. It's young men who have changed. Or, rather, the lack of responsibility, expectations of achievement, and supervision in their lives

Holy shit you like to hear yourself talk!!![/QUOTE]

It took me a few minutes to write that.

But I guess it's too much for you to handle.

"

Your solution does not even come close to touching the root causes. After all, AR-15's and other semi-auto and fully-auto weapons have been around for ages. Since the 40's and beyond. Yet the first publicized school shootings were in the sixties, I believe, and we only continued to climb from there to reach the rate of mass shootings we see today, school or otherwise. These guys are using the same weapons that have been around for ages, so it's not like that's changed. It's young men who have changed. Or, rather, the lack of responsibility, expectations of achievement, and supervision in their lives

But I guess it's too much for you to handle.[/QUOTE]

I tend to ignore long posts on topics I already have a strong opinion about through years of experience.

"

I tend to ignore long posts on topics I already have a strong opinion about through years of experience.[/QUOTE]

Then why the fuck are you here? Seems you're the one who loves to "hear yourself talk", considering you just admitted to dismissing anyone else's ideas aside from the ones you brought in.

Oh, unless they fit in a Tweet, I suppose. That WAS the boiled down, simple version. And it's actually not long at all. A mere two paragraphs, both rather brief.

"

I tend to ignore long posts on topics I already have a strong opinion about through years of experience.

Then why the fuck are you here? Seems you're the one who loves to "hear yourself talk", considering you just admitted to dismissing anyone else's ideas aside from the ones you brought in.

Oh, unless they fit in a Tweet, I suppose. That WAS the boiled down, simple version. And it's actually not long at all. A mere two paragraphs, both rather brief.[/QUOTE]

Meh...I've been following politics for over thirty years and there isnt much new under the sun.
Maybe you think you're onto something new and I'd hate to discourage you so carry on......

"

Oh, unless they fit in a Tweet, I suppose. That WAS the boiled down, simple version. And it's actually not long at all. A mere two paragraphs, both rather brief.

Meh...I've been following politics for over thirty years and there isnt much new under the sun.
Maybe you think you're onto something new and I'd hate to discourage you so carry on......[/QUOTE]

New? Probably not. Simply stating the obvious, really. But the obvious appears rather elusive in this day and age ...

So much for the douchebags who claim having teachers carrying concealed weapons would lead to carnage:

Students at West Texas school district feel safe with staff who carry concealed weapons

16097449_G.jpg

CLAUDE, TX (KFDA) - Claude Independent School District has several staff members that carry concealed weapons on school grounds.

A sign in front of Claude ISD campuses shows that the district has multiple staff members who carry concealed weapons.
Parents who have children at the school say they feel very safe and comfortable knowing their staff are armed and ready to protect them if they have to.

"It makes me feel really, really safe that we have staff on hand if anything happened," said mother of a Claude ISD student Sarah Hughes.
"It brings me peace of mind."

Since at least 2016, the district has had staff members who carry concealed weapons.

In case of an active shooter, Claude ISD Superintendent Brock Cartwright, says they feel they can keep the school safe.

"Mainly if we can locate the person and try to keep us safe at the same time," said Cartwright.
"When the DPS and officials get here, we back off."

Staff members who carry are required to practice at a shooting range once a month.
They also train with the Armstrong County Sheriff's Office and the Department of Public Safety.

Parents say they feel very safe sending their kids to school with this type of preparedness.

"I don't know who carries, but I do know that if they've taken that dedication, they're going to do everything in their power to keep our kids safe, even if they're in harm's way," said Hughes.
"So what can you ask for more than that?"

Students say they feel safer on campus knowing their staff is armed, and despite the tragedy in Florida, they have no nerves coming to school.

I feel much safer just reading the article.

Actually, there have been numerous shootings in courthouses. Try using google before you make a total fool of yourself.
You just made a fool of yourself. Learn to read. I never said shootings. I said mass shootings.

There is no way around it. Democrats want gun control because they want only thugs and gang bangers armed. Why? Because thugs and gang bangers are most likely to be black or hispanic killing white people and that is the goal.

And yet, these mass shooters are usually white men.
Hmmm.

Any idea on the numbers on blacks killing people, Timmy? Recently in Chicago an 11 year old girl making Smores wirh her friends caught one in the forehead during a gang shootout. Where is the outrage? Your precious media isn't telling you the real story

There is outrage . But righty freaks refuse to act on the gun problem in our country .

Need I remind you that the most liberal President this country ever had, didn't do shit about it? In fact, more inner-city minorities were shot and murdered during Obama's administration, than ever before.

Quit blaming people who want the right to protect themselves and start owning up to the fact that you people have caused a real problem in this country.

The most Liberal President that we have had is FDR and I don't remember a lot of school shooting back then.

Guess we had to wait for the AR-15 to normalize for that.

So much for the douchebags who claim having teachers carrying concealed weapons would lead to carnage:

16097449_G.jpg

CLAUDE, TX (KFDA) - Claude Independent School District has several staff members that carry concealed weapons on school grounds.

A sign in front of Claude ISD campuses shows that the district has multiple staff members who carry concealed weapons.
Parents who have children at the school say they feel very safe and comfortable knowing their staff are armed and ready to protect them if they have to.

"It makes me feel really, really safe that we have staff on hand if anything happened," said mother of a Claude ISD student Sarah Hughes.
"It brings me peace of mind."

Since at least 2016, the district has had staff members who carry concealed weapons.

In case of an active shooter, Claude ISD Superintendent Brock Cartwright, says they feel they can keep the school safe.

"Mainly if we can locate the person and try to keep us safe at the same time," said Cartwright.
"When the DPS and officials get here, we back off."

Staff members who carry are required to practice at a shooting range once a month.
They also train with the Armstrong County Sheriff's Office and the Department of Public Safety.

Parents say they feel very safe sending their kids to school with this type of preparedness.

"I don't know who carries, but I do know that if they've taken that dedication, they're going to do everything in their power to keep our kids safe, even if they're in harm's way," said Hughes.
"So what can you ask for more than that?"

Students say they feel safer on campus knowing their staff is armed, and despite the tragedy in Florida, they have no nerves coming to school.
South Dakota Attorney General

I know. This makes so much sense. The liberal ability to reject common sense and reason continues to amaze me. You'd think that on something like keeping our kids safe, liberals would put aside their ideology and use their brains. Arming teachers is a quick, inexpensive, commonsense way, not to mention a proven way, to protect school children from mass shootings.
So wh3n teachers de use to shoot the kids...what's next?

Cool. It's not going to stop school shootings, though. As we saw in FL.
Lol
And depending on the honor of criminals not to carry firearms in to gun free zones is? You silly little fucker

No, it won't. The shooters always (or at least in the cases I can recall) have a personal vendetta at the school that they attack. So they probably aren't going to go shoot up ANOTHER high school. That would defeat the whole purpose.

Sorry,the shooters have come right out and said they shoot up schools because they know there will be no resistance.

Think about it...would you rob a house with a sign out front that said we dont call the police and dont expect a warning shot due to the high cost of ammo. Or a house with a hillary clinton for president sign?

Our children's school has armed personal and signs informing people of it. In fact it says deadly force will be used to protect the students.

That's the truth. You don't protect schools with Twitter campaigns and walking around protest meetings holding a stupid little sign. You counter force with equal and opposite force.

Or you could actually examine why the kids are committing these crimes at an ever-increasing rate. But I guess that would be too difficult for Americans. We are too stupid to look for cures, so we just treat symptoms and call it a day.

Unfortunately, your idea of a "cure" is to go after legitimate, legal, law-abiding gun owners. Meanwhile,what happens when the next mass murderer at a school uses a vehicle, a knife, or a bomb?

Have restrictions on firearms stopped terrorist attacks in France, Spain, Australia, the UK, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Russia?
No it didn't but it doesn't happen as frequent as In the US now does it?

You don't find mass shootings in a courthouse.

Actually, there have been numerous shootings in courthouses. Try using google before you make a total fool of yourself.
You just made a fool of yourself. Learn to read. I never said shootings. I said mass shootings.

There is no way around it. Democrats want gun control because they want only thugs and gang bangers armed. Why? Because thugs and gang bangers are most likely to be black or hispanic killing white people and that is the goal.

And yet, these mass shooters are usually white men.
Hmmm.

Any idea on the numbers on blacks killing people, Timmy? Recently in Chicago an 11 year old girl making Smores wirh her friends caught one in the forehead during a gang shootout. Where is the outrage? Your precious media isn't telling you the real story

There is outrage . But righty freaks refuse to act on the gun problem in our country .
Quit Falling down the well

Cool. It's not going to stop school shootings, though. As we saw in FL.
Lol
And depending on the honor of criminals not to carry firearms in to gun free zones is? You silly little fucker

Read, moron. Read through the comments, or hold your silence.
You’re the one that’s for gun free zone’s, know what we have to show for gun free zones? A whole bunch of dead kids thanks to you spineless fuckers

Forum List

Back