Students want a "celebrate america" Day - School says NO - might offend illegals

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
All part of the democrat's war on america!!!

TODD STARNES: You can?t celebrate America, school says | Fox News

February 03, 2014FoxNews.com
Students and parents at a Colorado high school are outraged after administrators turned down their request for a spirit week day honoring America because it might offend non-Americans.

“They said they didn’t want to offend anyone from other countries or immigrants,” a 16-year-old member of the student council told me. “They just really did not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.”

The student council at Fort Collins High School had proposed having a day to celebrate the United States during next week’s Winter Spirit Week. The young people pitched “’Merica Monday” – and invited their classmates to dress in patriotic colors. Their proposal was promptly shot down by administrators.

“It’s bizarre and idiotic that we’ve come to this crossroads in our society that we are having to sacrifice our own culture and belief system,” one of the parents told me. “I can’t even tell you how it got our blood boiling.”

The irony, said the students, is that they are required to participate in Cinco de Mayo celebrations. One member of the student council pointed out the hypocrisy – and noted that students were not being forced to dress in red, white and blue for “’Merica Day.”

The parents said they are “so tired” of political correctness

SS, you got a point if this is true.

The source is problematic.

They didn't say "illegals" that is your own personal touch to the story.

Either way though, stupid move by the school.

• Banned

YOU STUPID MORON. The media announced last year that the word "illegal" is inoperative. Illegals are now called immigrants.

Since Kenya's national colors are blue, white and red a can or two of shoe polish should make the kids culturally off-limits to those damn fools in the school bureaucracy.

Students and parents at a Colorado high school are outraged after administrators turned down their request for a spirit week day honoring America because it might offend non-Americans.

The irony, said the students, is that they are required to participate in Cinco de Mayo celebrations. One member of the student council pointed out the hypocrisy – and noted that students were not being forced to dress in red, white and blue for “’Merica Day.”
How about we head to Mexico and celebrate America Day there. Cinco de Mayo will be celebrated in America. It's the only logical solution.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

How about we head to Mexico and celebrate America Day there. Cinco de Mayo will be celebrated in America. It's the only logical solution.

Different school system. 4July is a federal holiday. It has Cinco de Mayo beat here in the US.

Isn't everyone here in the US who would be exposed to such a celebratory day here cause they share in such pride? Aren't illegals here because they think America is awesome enough to break our laws to get in? :)

YOU STUPID MORON. The media announced last year that the word "illegal" is inoperative. Illegals are now called immigrants.

I tend to go on the attack when I've made a bonehead play as well. Don't sweat it buddy, we all do it from time to time.

“They said they didn’t want to offend anyone from other countries or immigrants,” a 16-year-old member of the student council told me. “They just really did not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.”

The student council at Fort Collins High School had proposed having a day to celebrate the United States during next week’s Winter Spirit Week. The young people pitched “’Merica Monday” – and invited their classmates to dress in patriotic colors. Their proposal was promptly shot down by administrators.

“It’s bizarre and idiotic that we’ve come to this crossroads in our society that we are having to sacrifice our own culture and belief system,” one of the parents told me. “I can’t even tell you how it got our blood boiling.”

this is the kind of crap that really pisses me off

The thing about shit like this is it's a self fulfilling prophecy. An outrage story appears on Fox News that the celebrating of America has been vetoed by some do gooding oversensitive type. Probably this story has been sensationalized to within an inch of it's truthfulness but it goes across the country.
This story then comes to the attention of an even worse do gooding oversensitive type school govener who cancels a pro american celebration so as to not offend the 3 immigrants and one muslim at his school.
Suddenly Fox has a genuine story, the school has no America Day, everybody blames the 3 immigrants and one muslim who didn't care one bit about America Day and everybody who reads Fox gets up in arms about the immigrants and Muslims ruining our America Day when nobody wanted in banned in the first place.
And the cycle continues.

The thing about shit like this is it's a self fulfilling prophecy. An outrage story appears on Fox News that the celebrating of America has been vetoed by some do gooding oversensitive type. Probably this story has been sensationalized to within an inch of it's truthfulness but it goes across the country.
This story then comes to the attention of an even worse do gooding oversensitive type school govener who cancels a pro american celebration so as to not offend the 3 immigrants and one muslim at his school.
Suddenly Fox has a genuine story, the school has no America Day, everybody blames the 3 immigrants and one muslim who didn't care one bit about America Day and everybody who reads Fox gets up in arms about the immigrants and Muslims ruining our America Day when nobody wanted in banned in the first place.
And the cycle continues.

Hey stupid. We're sick of you illegals coming here to steal jobs, govt benefits and IDs from the citizens. And killing us by your serial drunk driving and raping our kids because the age of consent in mexico is 12. GTF outta here!!

I Aren't illegals here because they think America is awesome enough to break our laws to get in? :)

No. They come here because america is stupid enough to give welfare and free health care and free k-12 to people that aren't even allowed to be in the country.

this is the kind of crap that really pisses me off

I agree. I think every school should take up the spirit and have an "America Day" and wear the nation's colors in support of Colorado's attempt.

Last edited:
Any illegals as well as the legal immigrants should be more than willing to wear our nations colors for they are most likely grateful for living here rather than their home county. If they aren't grateful, they should know the way back...

Forum List

Back