🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Study- CA has Worst Quality of Life

California!

A great place to be.......

from.

There are still some good jobs in California. The smart people take those jobs, make a good living, save and then retire to a state where their retirement funds won't be raped daily.

Ever wonder why it costs more to move FROM California than it costs to move TO California?

The traffic is lopsidedly one-way and moving companies hate empty back-hauls.

Too funny. I know all about that cesspool as I lived there 39 years up until summer 2016

-Geaux
——
Awards season is in full swing in California, and the Golden State just took home a booby prize of its own.

California ranks dead last among U.S. states in quality of life, according to a study by U.S. News, ranking behind New Jersey (49th) and Indiana (48th).

California has worst 'quality of life' in US, study says
Cali is the only place you can go snowboarding and surfing in the same day. Thats got to be some bullshit study.

Couldn't you do that in Hawaii? They get snow in the mountains there, I believe. :)

Which state has the best quality of life? North Dakota, according to the study.

Iowa, which scored highly in infrastructure and health care, took the No. 1 overall “best state” in the rankings.

Yeah, OK. Enjoy South Dakota!
198393-1.jpg

You're on a meme roll, OldSchool! :lol:

These sorts of lists are always incredibly subjective. Also, as someone originally from New York, I can say that New Jersey is objectively the worst state. :rofl:

Certainly NJ is in CA's league when it comes to screwed up finances

Hey now, why inject seriousness into my post? :p

California stinks, literally. We have the worst traffic in the world. Los Angeles has a homeless population of 58,000 and growing. San Francisco provides maps locating the worst of the shitted up streets. San Diego's open human waste problem resulted in an outbreak of hepatitis. Santa Ana developed a tent city along the river. Last summer's worst fire was set by some wandering illegal's campfire.

To say that California is the best shows a profound ignorance of both California and the rest of the country.
Why don't you flee?

Is the most popular, most visited state for a reason. As an ambitious immigrant I chose California for all the opportunities that it offers. No other state comes even close.
I live in Santa Monica, my wife was born and raised here, I hardly come across someone from here, 90% of the whites are from different states. Why didn't they stay there if it was better?

california has a lot of good points,in the 70's and 80's it was arguably the best place on the planet to live in, but there are also many bad things piling up that is bringing the state down....if you live along the coast were the majority of the wealth is you are doing great,but inland there are many people struggling to get by or who are unemployed and some are wondering if they will ever find a job...many inland counties are at 7% unemployment or higher and 2 are over 10%.....

Too funny. I know all about that cesspool as I lived there 39 years up until summer 2016

-Geaux
——
Awards season is in full swing in California, and the Golden State just took home a booby prize of its own.

California ranks dead last among U.S. states in quality of life, according to a study by U.S. News, ranking behind New Jersey (49th) and Indiana (48th).

Cali is the only place you can go snowboarding and surfing in the same day. Thats got to be some bullshit study.

clearly you've never been to washington state
Actually I have. I was stationed there for 2 years.

-Geaux
——

i've surfed and skiied on the same day there

i've surfed and skiied on the same day in mass, for that matter

California stinks, literally. We have the worst traffic in the world. Los Angeles has a homeless population of 58,000 and growing. San Francisco provides maps locating the worst of the shitted up streets. San Diego's open human waste problem resulted in an outbreak of hepatitis. Santa Ana developed a tent city along the river. Last summer's worst fire was set by some wandering illegal's campfire.

To say that California is the best shows a profound ignorance of both California and the rest of the country.

Where do you live?

-Geaux
——

i've surfed and skiied on the same day there

i've surfed and skiied on the same day in mass, for that matter

I too surfed Ocean Beach (Kelly's Cove) in the morning, and then drove up to Boreal Ridge and skied under the lights.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I would have to say the opinion of the study is bought and paid for by tRump. I have seen other states and California is the best hands down.

I don't know, by my count Hillary won 6 of the top 10 they have listed: Minnesota, New Hampshire, Washington, Massachusetts, Vermont and Colorado.

Trump did take 3 of the top 5 (Iowa, Utah, North Dakota), plus #7 Nebraska.

The results of these sort of studies are wholly dependent on the weight they assign such things as education, health care, climate, crime, economics, pollution, recreation, etc. With each of us having our own idea regarding what are our priorities at this stage of life, these sort of ratings are somewhat foolish.

Last edited:
I too surfed Ocean Beach (Kelly's Cove) in the morning, and then drove up to Boreal Ridge and skied under the lights
We used to start at Pismo Beach at 5:00AM and work our way up to Willow Creek near Big Sur...Surf all day at different spots have dinner get a camp site and head back down the next day...California is beautiful but it's being mismanaged like never before...

I too surfed Ocean Beach (Kelly's Cove) in the morning, and then drove up to Boreal Ridge and skied under the lights
We used to start at Pismo Beach at 5:00AM and work our way up to Willow Creek near Big Sur...Surf all day at different spots have dinner get a camp site and head back down the next day...California is beautiful but it's being mismanaged like never before...
It is going to be mismanaged even worse. sequester is likely to be coming

My parents always told me how great southern California was in the '40's and '50's. By the '70's they got us the fuck out of there.

It was mismanaged. Gov. Brown gets an A+ from me.

Brown gets an A+? You must hate California.

Brown gets an A+? You must hate California.

As usual, Ridiculous ^^^ How about Arnold, I bet you were one who wanted to change COTUS and have him run for POTUS. Arnold was a failure, Brown is fiscally responsible, and that has upset a number of progressives and civil servants. Something you would know if you were informed and not a hack.

Forum List

Back