Study: Millennials Deeply Confused About Their Politics, Finances, and Culture

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
Study: Millennials Deeply Confused About Their Politics, Finances, and Culture

Or at least deeply contradictory: They're always connected but distrustful. They're selfish yet accepting of minorities. They're "independents" who mostly vote Democratic and love Obama while hating Obamacare.

DEREK THOMPSON
MAR 7 2014, 12:22 PM ET

Millennials—or Generation Y, which, by varying definitions, includes you if you're somewhere between 14-34—are the subject of constant obsession and worrying from the managers trying to hire them, the marketers trying to sell to them, and the parents and grandparents trying desperately to get them to call once in a while using the "phone" feature on their smartphones.

So what can we possibly learn that's new from Pew's massive survey released this morning? Many things, actually—and mostly contradictions. Which is about right when you're trying to sum up 85+ million people in a handful of adjectives.

Study: Millennials Deeply Confused About Their Politics, Finances, and Culture - Derek Thompson - The Atlantic

I haven't read it yet. Rush just mentioned this article and said he would have to really get into it tomorrow when he had more time.

I post this so you might read it BEFORE El Rushbo discusses it on tomorrow's show. This way you might come up with your own thoughts on the subject then compare your thoughts with Rush's.

I think some of the answers make a lot of sense. For example they generally don't want to be labeled as a Dem, a Rep, a Environmentalist, a patriot, a religious person, etc. They don't really want to be part of some larger group and suffer guilt by association.

It seems UHC, pot legalization and gay marriage are inevitable.

I think some of the answers make a lot of sense. For example they generally don't want to be labeled as a Dem, a Rep, a Environmentalist, a patriot, a religious person, etc. They don't really want to be part of some larger group and suffer guilt by association.

It seems UHC, pot legalization and gay marriage are inevitable.

And amnesty. But the gop will march on to Appomatox in an attempt to flank Grant.

Forum List

Back