Study: Which the violent, Koran or Bible?

I have to ask, because honestly, I haven't been here long enough to have gleaned it on my own.....

What's your position on gun control?

I oppose gun control. I actually have been thinking about a new 9m. Is that answer enough for ya?

If money is no object, get a Sig.

If you want a $500 gun, get the Springfield, and you can never go wrong with the Beretta 92.

And for a $400 gun, the new Ruger is nice.

If you're going cheap, just get a rock :)

why ricans love to get guns and murder stuff? is it a puritan biblic tradition?? :doubt:

Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?

Given this violent legacy, religion historian Philip Jenkins decided to compare the brutality quotient of the Quran and the Bible.

Defense Vs. Total Annihilation

"Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible," Jenkins says.

Jenkins is a professor at Penn State University and author of two books dealing with the issue: the recently published Jesus Wars, and Dark Passages , which has not been published but is already drawing controversy.

Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible.

- Philip Jenkins, author of 'Jesus Wars'

Violence in the Quran, he and others say, is largely a defense against attack.

"By the standards of the time, which is the 7th century A.D., the laws of war that are laid down by the Quran are actually reasonably humane," he says. "Then we turn to the Bible, and we actually find something that is for many people a real surprise. There is a specific kind of warfare laid down in the Bible which we can only call genocide."

It is called herem, and it means total annihilation. Consider the Book of 1 Samuel, when God instructs King Saul to attack the Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them," God says through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran? : NPR
finally, a honest man.
Bible-Sword-Bg.jpg

Now find in the NEW TESTAMENT any such violence. You are aware that with the New Testament the bible totally changes and God ceases to seek annihilation of his enemies? RIGHT?

Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?

Given this violent legacy, religion historian Philip Jenkins decided to compare the brutality quotient of the Quran and the Bible.

Defense Vs. Total Annihilation

"Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible," Jenkins says.

Jenkins is a professor at Penn State University and author of two books dealing with the issue: the recently published Jesus Wars, and Dark Passages , which has not been published but is already drawing controversy.

Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible.

- Philip Jenkins, author of 'Jesus Wars'

Violence in the Quran, he and others say, is largely a defense against attack.

"By the standards of the time, which is the 7th century A.D., the laws of war that are laid down by the Quran are actually reasonably humane," he says. "Then we turn to the Bible, and we actually find something that is for many people a real surprise. There is a specific kind of warfare laid down in the Bible which we can only call genocide."

It is called herem, and it means total annihilation. Consider the Book of 1 Samuel, when God instructs King Saul to attack the Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them," God says through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran? : NPR
finally, a honest man.

Now find in the NEW TESTAMENT any such violence. You are aware that with the New Testament the bible totally changes and God ceases to seek annihilation of his enemies? RIGHT?
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them"-Math 5-17

finally, a honest man.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them"-Math 5-17

Jesus informs us in several places that the old Moses laws no longer apply that we have only to love our neighbor , learn to forgive and to follow only 4 of the old laws.

Now I repeat show us in the New testament where God has ordered any killings or attacks. Or admit that you are full of shit.

I oppose gun control. I actually have been thinking about a new 9m. Is that answer enough for ya?

If you want a $500 gun, get the Springfield, and you can never go wrong with the Beretta 92.

why ricans love to get guns and murder stuff? is it a puritan biblic tradition?? :doubt:

I'm not a rican, so I can't speak for them, but....

I have guns to protect myself from muslims and other dangerous thugs and animals.

Jesus informs us in several places that the old Moses laws no longer apply that we have only to love our neighbor , learn to forgive and to follow only 4 of the old laws.

Now I repeat show us in the New testament where God has ordered any killings or attacks. Or admit that you are full of shit.

I can answer that God never created human being to be killed by another human being ,

but F U sergeant forgive may interfere , I just wonder why those people kills their brothers in humanity using Nuclear bombs , Economic blockades and likes ?

I can answer that God never created human being to be killed by another human being ,

but F U sergeant forgive may interfere , I just wonder why those people kills their brothers in humanity using Nuclear bombs , Economic blockades and likes ?

God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed:

"When the LORD your God cuts off before you the nations which you are going in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, beware that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying, 'How do these nations serve their gods, that I also may do likewise?' (Deuteronomy 12:29-30)

I'm not a rican, so I can't speak for them, but....

I have guns to protect myself from muslims and other dangerous thugs and animals.

Should muslims in Afghanistan get guns to protect themselves from Nato and christian armies?

I don't know any verse in NT that abolish the commandments of the OT, Jesus was a jew who apply the ancient Law. He just abolished some laws about foods!

otherwise why the OT still printed and read in church? :eusa_eh:

Yes, the Bible is a lot more violent than the Koran, which is why we are all worried about offending all those radical fundamentalist Jews and Christians, and are free to mock Muhammad and burn Korans. :cuckoo:

Why are you afraid of Muslims?

Ever open a history book?

The only difference is that there are no real Christians in the world now that the Hutaree were arrested.

what a logic?

so because 0.0001 of followers are using violence, a religion should be banned!!!!

A major poll recently showed that 78% of Muslims living in the US think suicide bombings are never justified. That means that 22%, not 0.0001%, have no problem justifying killing themselves to kill anyone who offends them.

No, it doesn't.

It means that ~22% can see some circumstance in which a suicide bomber might be justified. Nothing has been said about under what circumstances that might be (a suicide bomber killing the next Hitler to prevent WWIII? Wasn't specified)

Once again, your functional illiteracy comes into play to show how stupid you are.

Jesus informs us in several places that the old Moses laws no longer apply

Genesis 17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. Of course, that's a lie

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John [the Baptist]: since that time the kingdom of heaven is preached.
Or maybe it still applies

1 Chronicles 16:15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant. God's law is everlasting and never changing , for it is perfect

Luke 16:17 It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. if you want to receive eternal life, keep the commandments.

I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place

"All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

YouTube - Brief Bible Blunders -- Episode #16!

The Nicene council was a bunch of idiots who couldn't make up their minds on what they wanted their cult members to think
that we have only to love our neighbor , learn to forgive and to follow only 4 of the old laws.

Fail. Actually, if you want to go down that road, you need do only two things.

I have to ask, because honestly, I haven't been here long enough to have gleaned it on my own.....

What's your position on gun control?

And you want cheap, cheap, cheap... get a High Point, but don't expect much. Although I had a little High Point 9mm, and it was nice shootin' little pistol. Cheap, but did the job.

Forum List

Back